Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why I won't vote for Obama !

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Feb 7, 2008.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

When I first seen Obama, I liked the guy and who wouldn't like the idea of
    change.

I then heard that he planned on doubling what we give out in foreign aid by the year 2012. He wants us to increase foreign aid from 25 billion to 50 billion per year.

Too many families in this country are fighting to make ends meet and Obama
    wants to double foreign aid.

He is not getting my vote !:(
  2. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

It's not like we give countries cash AND gold , most of the time , it's dumping goods to them , like tanks and planes (old) etc,etc,etc,etc.

It is business because they will need sooner or later to buy parts . :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

50 billion a year is nothing compared to the defense budget, which is what, a trillion?

If foreign aid is done properly it is the best investment a nation can ever make. The more equalized the world becomes the less reason there is for people to feel jealousy, lack of love, resentment, etc.

The trick is always to get the aid into the form that is most productive in the long run: not mere hand-outs (though emergencies do happen), but actual investments in agricultural development, technology, infrastructure, and education.

The country that helps others the most in today's age is the real world leader; military might and sheer dominance is not the definition of leadership.

//
  4. scott c

scott c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Holy **** Fog.........are you feeling O.K. today?That was said very nicely.....:)
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Just me being me!! :)

//
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I completely agree with one major objection:
    SEND THE AID TO LOUISIANa, CALIFORNIA, OHIO and MAINE!
    Fix the American bridges, VA Hospitals, Superfund cleanup sites, dilapidated American senior housing, take full care of handicapped Americans and, most importantly, establish a Manhattan Project for US energy independence...better yet, figure out clean, renewable energy systems and export them around the world. Clean energy, clean water, Reality TV all day long in Sub-Sahara Africa! America will again be loved and admired everywhere.

But fakrissakes, stop exporting WMD's and guns.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Now your talking, God Bless America

:bricks:
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

You've overstated the defense budget (which is hard to do) but, regardless, that's irrelevant. Even if we overspend on defense (a different argument), that has no bearing on overspending elsewhere.

And don't forget that Mr. Obama, who is against being in the middle east, wants to go into Darfur. While I understand there's oil and terrorism issues in Africa, getting the middle east improved, while maybe impossible, is much more in our national interest than Africa.
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

What do you expect from the most liberal Senator in D.C.

The solution to all problems for them is always giving a hug.

This is nothing more than a big hug.
  10. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can you prove that? curious where you get that knowledge.
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

"Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was the most liberal senator in 2007, according to National Journal's 27th annual vote ratings."
  12. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I hate to see us give away money that could be put to better use in our own
    back yard.

When we do give foreign aid, it never seems to get to the people that actually need the money.

Look at the money we have given to Haiti (what happened to it?).
    The third world goverment does not distribute the money to the people that need it.

I know what we have given to Haiti is not much considering what we have
    given to other countries.

What about the couple of billion Clinton gave North Korea to stop their
    nuclear program. How did that work out ???

You cannot buy goodwill !
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Surprised you didn't know that (liberal obama) it's been all over the news for months, even my wife knew it and she thinks Eiesnhower is still the President.

15. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't watch fox news....

The news stations I watch don't say and now a report on the most liberal senator Hussein a muslim..
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What's wrong with nuclear energy?? Everybody in the world wants it. Cheap, renewable, no "green-house pollutants". What's not to like?? I say we build nuke plants in every state, as much as we need, to reduce burning coal and oil and gas down to zero.

And, as far as helping out the infrastructure and taking care of vets, yes, I can get behind those. But we don't need another level of government teats for people to be lining up for. Not with millions of illegal aliens and others addicted to auntie government's freebies (paid by those who work and contribute via taxes).

//
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Nuclear Energy:
    Other planets have it thats why the UFO's can visit us, soon we will be visiting them then they will kill us because the Liberals will start showing them pictures of Michael Dukakis and Jimmy Carter.

18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're right: money alone is NOT the solution. Never has been, never will be. However, well-placed and well-used investments are the only way to help the poorest and poorer nations/peoples to get up to speed with the rest of the world.

Of all the investments, good education is the among the best. But here, too, education itself must be based upon a moral and ethical foundation. People must learn the truth about life, not some current fad of amoral and self-centered "me-first", selfish-pleasure ideology. Joseph Mengele was allegedly a brilliant physician, yet turned into a monster who performed experiments on other human beings to test the effects of murderous diseases. We need to first educate people about heart, caring for others as God cares for them. Of course, we need to be properly educated about this ourselves, first.

//
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

If Obama is elected Obama will do what ever he wants, he will "Take Us To War" in Dafur, his trillions in foreign aid will go to all the the third world "sh1t holes", as for his "big change" well we don't lnow what that is, he won't tell us and the media doesn't dare ask him (they don't want to offend him), in short "Obama will raise hell" and the Left Wing Congress and the Left Wing Media will all be down on their knees worshiping, slobbering, gushing and fawning over their new little "King"

Most of the Hollywood Wife Swappers have already gone "ga-ga" over him they dumped the Clintons so fast Billy Blue Dress still doesn't know what hit him.

The good thing about all this Obama a$s kissing is the Clintons find it very hard to pull all their "dirty sh!t" with him, Al & Jessie are just waiting for the wrong word.

What a show these Dingobats put on, they're better than Barnum & Bailey.

I can't stand John Mccain but the more we see of these two clowns Obama & Hillary prancing around Grinning and Clapping their hands the more I am beginning to believe that Crazy Mccain will be the next president, many liberal democrats will vote for him.

Why won't Tim Russert or Chris Matthews ask Obama "What Is Your Big Change Prince Barack":confused:
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Forgive McCain. He's been chastened. He knows he voted to keep the illegals in Arizona happy, but now he knows it doesn't sit well with the rest of the country. We can't have an interstate highway clogged to the gills with caravans of illegals pouring in like there's no tomorrow. Because if we do, there WILL BE "no tomorrow".

:mad:

//
  21. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Foreign aid is a drop in the bucket.

Reasons not to vote for him are: Nationalize health care, raise taxes and regulations, surrender in the WOT puting America at rsk, open borders, benefits and amensty for illegal aliens. There are more reasons but this list will do.
  22. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's taking the troops out of afghanistan ?
  23. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

The passive foreign policy will AL Queda to get back on its feet.
  24. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's pulling the troops out of afganistan?
  25. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

He's going to need them in Dafur.
  26. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
  27. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0