Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why I will root for the Colts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by spacecrime, Jan 23, 2007.

1. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

No one who has followed my off-and-on postings over the last few years could think of me as anything but a homer, and one whose dislike of the Dolts is exceeded only by my dislike of the Jests.

I thought there was no way I would ever root for Indianapolis, but, alas, that dam Peyton did me in. From Reiss's Peices:

Quarterback Peyton Manning
    "I really appreciated it, Tedy Bruschi came up, Kevin Faulk, and Tom [Brady] just wished me luck. I just appreciated the class those guys demonstrated.

How can I take this other than support of BB and a direct slap at Tomlinson.

I can carry a grudge with the best of them, but I am not a churl. I will be rooting for Indianapolis against Chicago.

I'll still call them the Dolts, though.

Go Dolts!
  2. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I am totally with you, I like Manning, and I will be rooting for him in the superbowl for sure. It sucks we are not there, but 'it is what it is" ...I hope he gets his ring...:)
  3. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

I don't see what Manning's post game comments have to do with anything. They are a fancy offensive football team that has manipulated the NFL rules to promote arena-style play. They play in a dome and defeated our team in a game which included a bevy of questionable calls, tearing our hearts out. Their Qb has had his @$$ kissed since he walked into the league, their president is a true classless scum-b@g, their owner is from maybe the most notorious family in NFL history. They are the last team I would even consider rooting for. A few nice words from Manning after a crushing defeat change nothing. It was more about Manning's aw-shucks image than anything else IMO. I would have preferred a dead-fish handshake. Yes, I'm a sore loser.:)
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  4. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I always root for the AFC anyway...

I cannot stand the NFC (or the National League in baseball or the Western Conference in the NBA...you get the idea)...

So, I guess by osmosis, I'll be rooting for the Colts, but honestly, I won't even watch the game nor one bit of the coverage leading up to it or after it...

This game is just so friggin' vanilla...Colts & Bears? Blah!

The past few years, we've been blessed with some great Super Bowl matchups, starting with Titans vs Rams, Ravens v Giants, the three Pats SBs, Raiders vs Tampa Bay, and Pittsburgh vs. Seattle last year...

But this year? "Gag me with a spoon! Like, fer sure!"

The BBC channel is playing a "Footballers Wives" marathon during the Super Bowl. Maybe I'll check that show out for the first time.

A&E also has "Law & Order" running all night on 02/04.

ESPN has the Euro Figure Skating Championships and ESPN2 has World Strongest Man competitions all night...

Now THAT'S good television!

Anything's better 6 straight hours of Peyton Manning, which is what it will be between the commercials and his doofus piehole on the screen all day!
  5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I'm with you, Pony. I can't root for Indy out of principle. Besides that, I believe Manning was just acknowledging the fact that our guys were classy to him; I don't necessarily read anything in his comments reaching back to our time in San Diego. Plus it's easy to be gracious in the glow of victory.
  6. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

well you have fun out there all by yourself.
  7. RocketsPacers

RocketsPacers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Manipulated the NFL rules? How? Pats fans whining about calls now? LMAO Yeah good thing you know you are a sore loser.:rocker:
  8. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

go bears .how can any patriots fan in there right mind pull for the colts :rolleyes:its easy to say nice things about a team or a player when you win .
  9. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Being a former long-time New Orleans native(and lived there when the storm hit)-as much as I wanted the Saints to go to the Super Bowl, the Mannings ARE the most prominent figures in this city.

Frankly-if it was a Colts/Saints Super Bowl, I would have been dissapointed by the outcome either way. Personally-I would rather see Peyton FINALLY get that monkey off his back. At least the Saints have built a foundation for years to come.