Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why I will never trust police...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BruschiOnTap, Nov 26, 2006.

1. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061126/ap_on_re_us/police_shooting

This story is too crazy... 50 shots fired at unarmed men who 'motioned like they had a gun' in a completely separate incident. Their constitutional rights were violated, IMO.

The government wants to censor gangsta rap like 'cop killer' but can you blame people for feeling this way???

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

I don't think anyone should rush to judgement on this or any similar issue until there is some type of independent investigation, it seems that the people who were transgressed can speak their minds, however the police do not say much. I suspect there is more to this story than is being reported, to just say this is why I will never trust the police begs this issue and portrays those who protect and serve in a very negative light.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

15, you probably won't like it but I agree with you :) and we all know why the rush to judgement, Patters will close the thread if I eleborate.

Al Sharpton has scurried out of his hole Jessie Jackoff can't be far behind.

4. taltos

taltos Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There have already been reports that the car struck one officer and hit a police vehicle twice but Jesse's girls don't want to hear that.

5. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

BOT already had his mind LONG made up about the police so he didnt need an speculating article like this.

Ultra libbers have always always always been anti-cop and anti-military so this isnt suprising.

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

From the link:

"The police department's policy on shooting at moving vehicles states: Police officers shall not discharge their firearms at or from a moving vehicle unless deadly force is being used against the police officers or another person present, by means other than a moving vehicle."

I don't know if that's a legit interpretation of the PD's policy. Its what Yahoo says the policy states; but if it is accurate, what other justification did the cops have to fire? Whatever they were doing with the car seems to be irrelevant.

I do find it weird that a cop can't shoot at a car that's trying to run him over though.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

If this all dies down it means that the Cops had a good reason to start shooting, if we don't see "Little Sharpton" spluttering and babbling in front of the camera's with all his head bobbing racist stooges behind him then we will know that they know something that we don't yet know, ha.

You will know that Little Sharpton" knows he has nothing that he can use to try and get one of his "Little Riots" going so he and his muttering head bobbers will slither back into their rat holes and wait for the next possible "police brutality" incident to happen.

If this was really a case of "Cops Gone Crazy" I think you would have seen Jessie Jackoff on camera the next day screaming, yelling and spitting through his little crooked moustache.
    :bricks:

8. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +391 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

WHY you shouldn't trust YAHOO NEWS....

First off, the club was under surviellance all night by the police, secondly the car RAN OVER A PLAIN CLOTHES OFFICER AND PLOWED INTO AN UNDERCOVER POLICE VAN, that is why they shot up the car, to protect themselves from getting killed!

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

THE AUTHORITY HATING POLITICALLY CORRECT LIBERALS DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING THAT WILL PUT THE BLAME ON THE CRIMINAL.

HAVE YOU ALL NOTICED HOW QUICKLY THE MURDER OF THE COP IN FLORIDA DIED DOWN, LITTLE "RACIST" SHARPTON DIDN'T HOLD A "NEWS CONFERANCE" ON THAT ONE.

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

This is a real shady incident. I'm always a little hesitant to believe what the cops tell me. Afterall, we've all seen footage of them beating people excessively, being put on "paid" leave, and then beating a the rap in court. So to me, reader beware. However, I got this from another article:

It was unclear when the other four men who were originally fighting with Bell and his pals fled the scene. They were spotted leaving in a black SUV.

Bell had been arrested three times in the past: twice for drugs and one on a gun rap in a case that was sealed. Guzman has been busted nine times, including for armed robbery. He spent two stretches in state prison in the '90s. Benefield has a sealed record as a juvenile for gun possession and robbery.

Some marijuana was later found near the Altima, and investigators believe that it may have been tossed out by the group before the gunfire. Two bullet casings also were recovered from the Altima, although cops said they do not believe they were from a police gun.

The shooting of Bell, who was black, has ignited racial tensions in the city — even though the cops involved included two blacks, a Hispanic and two whites.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,232079,00.html

What's scary though is that one cop fired 31 rounds. Dang, 31 rounds!

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

What is scary is we are relying on news reports,which exist to sell the news... I am hesitant about anything except from a direct source, in this case the police have kept their mouths shut as they should do pending a review of this case. Seems as though a lot of people have rushed to judgement on this case, 31 rounds is a lot of rounds... have to put in at least a couple of clips and think about it while reloading, so I suspect there is more to this story than we know.

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

The one thing I will say, is that this was not a racial incident. Of the 5 cops involved, 2 were black, and 1 was hispanic. So Al Sharpton & Co. will have a hard sell here.