Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Why I threw the shoe"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Sep 19, 2009.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Why I threw the shoe
    by Muntazer al-Zaidi

"I am no hero. I just acted as an Iraqi who witnessed the pain and bloodshed of too many innocents

"I am free. But my country is still a prisoner of war. There has been a lot of talk about the action and about the person who took it, and about the hero and the heroic act, and the symbol and the symbolic act. But, simply, I answer: what compelled me to act is the injustice that befell my people, and how the occupation wanted to humiliate my homeland by putting it under its boot."

<snip>....

"I say to those who reproach me: do you know how many broken homes that shoe which I threw had entered? How many times it had trodden over the blood of innocent victims? Maybe that shoe was the appropriate response when all values were violated.

"When I threw the shoe in the face of the criminal, George Bush, I wanted to express my rejection of his lies, his occupation of my country, my rejection of his killing my people. My rejection of his plundering the wealth of my country, and destroying its infrastructure. And casting out its sons into a diaspora."

2. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

What would have happened if he threw a shoe at
    Saddam, Udday or Qusay?????

They cared so much about the people of Iraq as you can tell by this
    article. We are not talking about stories from NewsMax, or Little Green
    footballs. We are talking about CNN (As liberal is it get's). We are not
    talking about Bill O'Rielly or Glen Beck. We are talking about Christiane Amanpour.

CNN.com - Transcripts

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Who gives a sh!t.

4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,869 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

This guy simply did what a lot of Iraqis and Americans alike wanted to do to Bush. I will say that the Chimp has some excellent reflexes.

By the way, why are left wingers so dead set on talking about Bush still? The guy has been out of office for almost eight months now. In case you haven't heard, we have a whole new train wreck in office. I could care less about Bush now. If/when he gets prosecuted for war crimes then call me and let me know.

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ten minutes of fame ..... via the undue "diligence" of some in the media. :rolleyes:

//

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

They did it with Reagan for a long time whenever they wanted to b!tch about something their favorite comeback was "during the reagan years".
    Reagan can rest in peace now they've got Bush even this Jerk Obama does it he doesn't say the word Bush much he has his own sneakylittle way of doing it, he says "the previous administration"

BUSH CREATED KATRINA UP ON THE ROOF OF THE WHITE HOUSE BY RUBBING TWO CHICKEN BONES TOGETHER

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Wonder if he threw a shoe at Saddam over the mass graves and gassing the Kurds?

Probably not he didn't want to go into Udays plastic shredder I guess.

8. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Distraction from the stalled bills in Congress...the same reason why the Carter racism claims were brought out. Anything to keep the focus off Congress and the President on someone else, distraction from reality.

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yes, the America haters know they can get away with murder because America always gives others lots and lots of consideration; Americans always ask: "what did I do wrong?". Meanwhile, dictators and fascist/communists always kill anybody who even breathes the wrong way.

But the day of turn-around is coming. Keep the faith in what is true and right.

Never give up. Never.

//

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this is such complete and utter bullsh*t... please dispense with the misinformation.

i don't know about other left-leaners here, but I don't deflect from anything... genius.

My message has been clear for years here... They are two factions of the same corporate entity. Just because I don't take my eyes off Bush League accountability hardly means I'm deflecting away Congress drama nor the healthcare fiasco. Not for a moment. What kind of lame piss-poor rationalization IS that, anyway? Is your argument so bankrupt that you need to make up a straw man argument of love for the goofy Democrats? LOL...

You won't be getting away with that tired ploy here. It's the kind of weakass tripe this forum expects from goofy Fog. Not you, efin.

Back up, reprogram.

This was an important NEW story of the shoe thrower out of jail finally, and I linked to it. Get over it. His message IS news, whether you like it or not.

If there's ANYONE trying to deflect the past 12 months, it's YOU guys in the "bomb first, ask questions later" camp.

11. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactly the reply I expected from the left wing members...and the exact person I expected it from.

The "story" is ancient news, the only reason it is even being brought up again is to distract from other news stories especially the one big story that has stagnated- the health bill. Classic misdirection through the media- look over here and remember this story, don't pay attention to the real story.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Goofy" Fog here (but not voting too often for any "goofy" Democrats :p ):

Yup, a NEW story here: the guy who threw his shoe apparently liked the "good" ol' days of Saddam and his demented sons, wreaking summary death havoc onto anybody who sneezed the wrong way .... or who played bad soccer (Iraqi soccer no kick under Odai / Players, coaches describe acts of sadism by Hussein son). I mean, how come he didn't throw any shoes at them???????

The ONLY "message" from this guy is: "I never threw any shoes at Saddam or his sons because I knew I'd be dog meat within minutes; but I know I can get away with throwing my shoes at the weak Americans because I know they will never dare to give me the punishment I so richly deserve."

There you go, oh-so-"non"-goofy PressBoy!!!

:rolleyes:

//

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Again:
    The Shoe Thrower:
    Who Gives A Sh!t About Him We'd Rather Talk About ACORN And Michelle Planting Collard Greens On Top Of A Septic Tank.

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that works also.

//

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

The shoe thrower is full of sh!t, the reason he threw the shoe was he knew he would be a Hero & Legend in every Muslim House in the world and he is, he is also a hero to the Sore Losing American Bush Haters.

God Willing The Shoe Thrower Can Kiss My A$s.........:mad:

Bush was no bargain but he was our President, f-ck that muslim bastard and his whole god damned family and all his friends and his friggin donkey.

I would feel the exact same way if they threw a shoe at Jug Ears, he's my president.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so what have we learned (had reinforced) from the pro war camp? make no mistake, it essentially goes like this:

"so we killed a few thousand women and children? too bad... they're still dead, nothing we can do now.... anyhow, be quiet! ... you're distracting me from ACORN obsession!"

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

In truth regarding this "shoe throw" guy, it goes like this:

"Yeah, he's a 'big man' now!! Yeah, he can vent his rage and throw his shoe at the U.S. president because he KNOWS the worst he'll get is a little roughed up; he KNOWS he has RIGHTS TO DO THIS KIND OF CRAP AND GET AWAY WITH IT under the U.S. presence in Iraq, something [highlight]he could NEVER GET AWAY WITH under Saddam's bloody, vindictive, petty dictatorial regime, the kind of regime only dictators and their fawning minions love.[/highlight]

And, btw, the Obama administration has already REVERSED the U.S. course of opposing dictators by SIDING with the tin horn despot Zelaya in Honduras, the guy who doesn't want to follow his nation's constitution, doesn't want to recognize the separation of the three pillars of the government -- Executive, Legislative, and Judiciary -- because HE WANTS TO DO IT ALL, just like his "heroes", Fidel Castro and Hooooogo "Chavy" Chavez in Venezuela.

This "wannabe a dictator" crap floats to the surface is needs to be removed from the pool lest the entire population become infected. "Pro-war"??? Against dictators???? Every single time.

There, fixed it for you, free of charge. At some point, however, a substantial fee will be required.

//

18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Maybe fog they'd rather have someone that they knew that kept the trains running an the overall violence down.

Now there free to vote but they can't escape the mayhem of every day life.

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Like Mussolini and Hitler .... they kept the "trains running on time".

Yeah because not everybody joined the cause, circled the wagons, and did the job of uniting the country of Iraq. The moment the terrorists sensed the least bit of fraction among the peace-makers in Iraq they exploited it to the max. Same thing the left did in the Vietnam war. Exactly the same. Sow seeds of disunity, then watch the in-fighting sap the will to win.

//

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  20. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Stop the nonsense fog, i thought getting rid of saddam was a good idea. Inever took the time to consider that saddam kept three groups that had been killing each other for hundreds or thoudsands of years in check.

It the same as the situation in yougoslavia, as soon as Tito died the place fell apart.

And yes,at this moment maybe the people there remember the days of saddam as being better as in having electricity, water, jobs, and realtive peace. As being better than being able to vote

Maybe they like the good ole days when you just kept your mouth shut, as opposed to having your door kicked in by some militia group and your family shot. Or getting blownup in the market place buying some tomatoes.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009