PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I think Kraft caved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope and pray that the fans give Kraft the greeting he deserves for his conduct! We may not have a say about the team, but we have a voice that cannot be silenced! I cannot understand why anyone would cheer this hypocrite to begin with.

I Love the Pats. I am sick of the NFL. And most of all I am no longer a Kraft supporter!
I hate to break it to you but Bob Kraft does not care about you or any of the other fans. He cares about money, status, partying with celebrities and his young girlfriend. I think that's been made all too clear recently.

Let's be honest for a minute here. Professional sports is a contrivance. It's an outlet for people whose own lives are a miserable failure. It's a proxy war between city states. It's a mechanism for large groups of people to vent the steam of their aggressive impulses. Athletes, owners, and coaches make a lot of money off this. Media types get cushy jobs and a public platform to the extent they can draw attention to themselves by any means possible.

You can care about and love your sports team all you want to; that does not mean that they are going to love you back aside from some empty platitude about how much they appreciate your support. If you bump into one of your favorite athletes in public, he'll smile politely while you tell him how awesome he is while secretly, he's looking forward to getting through the encounter as quickly as possible.

I personally just enjoy watching highly skilled people competing against each other. I appreciate good sportsmanship on the part of the winner and loser. Sadly, in this entitled, whiny, PC, feminized culture where everybody is a drama queen, it's all become a silly reality TV show instead of a competitive event.

Let's face it, being a sports fan just sucks now.

I hate to break it to you but Bob Kraft does not care about you or any of the other fans. He cares about money, status, partying with celebrities and his young girlfriend. I think that's been made all too clear recently.

Let's be honest for a minute here. Professional sports is a contrivance. It's an outlet for people whose own lives are a miserable failure. It's a proxy war between city states. It's a mechanism for large groups of people to vent the steam of their aggressive impulses. Athletes, owners, and coaches make a lot of money off this. Media types get cushy jobs and a public platform to the extent they can draw attention to themselves by any means possible.

You can care and love about your sports team all you want to; that does not mean that they are going to love you back aside from some empty platitude about how much they appreciate your support. If you bump into one of your favorite athletes in public, he'll smile politely while you tell him how awesome he is while secretly, he's looking forward to getting through the encounter as quickly as possible.

I personally just enjoy watching highly skilled people competing against each other. I appreciate good sportsmanship on the part of the winner and loser. Sadly, in this entitled, whiny, PC, feminized culture where everybody is a drama queen, it's all become a silly reality TV show instead of a competitive event.

I can't dislike your post since, sadly, that would be killing the messenger. I just wish what you posted wasn't true.

Last edited:

I agree with most of your post but "feminized?" What? Really?

Please edit or apologize to the more intelligent posters (i.e., Patsylicious, Bellichick (sp), Patchick) than us tawdry males.

This culture you speak of is almost all Male, run and owned by Males. Face it, own it.

I agree with most of your post but "feminized?" What? Really?

Please edit or apologize to the more intelligent posters (i.e., Patsylicious, Bellichick (sp), Patchick) than us tawdry males.

This culture you speak of is almost all Male, run and owned by Males. Face it, own it.

Yes, "feminized". Without question

And that's as far as it goes without a trip over to the political forum.

Thanks, that would be like another hour of discussion.

I Sadly, in this entitled, whiny, PC, feminized culture where everybody is a drama queen, it's all become a silly reality TV show instead of a competitive event.
Exactly. Unfortunately, this above is not just limited to sports. It pretty much sums up our culture now.

Ok, arguing against misogony is a no brainer.

Ok, arguing against misogony is a no brainer.

That's not what you were doing. What you were doing was making a blatantly false statement, and hiding behind the women of the site while doing it.

Laisse tomber

Everyone knew there was little to no chance he would win on appeal because of the authority the owners gave to Goodell.

Goodell works for Kraft - not the other way around. He would have heard the appeal and the chance of him siding with the Patriots was a hell of a lot higher then that Bulter interception. A good lawyer or two would make their case to Goodell - and he might listen.

While everyone hates Goodell and he is a d-bag egomaniac - even the worst of men can be persuaded in the right situation..

Even if the appeal was rejected at least it would have been an attempt to stick up for the team. At least he wold have tried. Instead he not only gave up but said we were wrong to want an appeal because god forbid it upset the harmony of the 32.

The problem with Kraft is that he raised expectations of even fans such as myself who has been a long term critic of his that he actually recognized what a biased POS Goodell was and was willing to fight for his team and its fans. Then to act in the most cravenly pathetic manner embracing the POS and his so called partners is what cost him the faith and respect of most people here. If he said the sun was going to rise in the East tomorrow I wouldn't believe him. What a picture the pudgy putz and his so-called girl friend make.

I certainly view the NFL* as corrupt. Even if you grant the Wells report its conclusions on the face of it - and to me, that right there is a sham, when its numerical component rests on the assumption of reversing the testimony of their own officials - the "penalty" phase rests on an earlier "penalty" that's specific to the Patriots. Comparable behavior preceded the last sham proceedings on the part of other teams; Comparable behavior preceded this unproven infraction on the part of other teams; neither merited any penalty. "That's football," if it's anybody else. For us, total 2 first rounders and a 4th rounder, plus a 4 game suspension for the GOAT QB.

So even bending over backward to say - and this is, by the admission of the NFL*, unproven - "Yeah you got us", this stinks of off-field "leveling." Of course the other 31 owners like it. They can't beat us on the field. Big surprise that it's teams that can't get past us that pull this crap.

So I'm still watching, I'm still a fan. Maybe it's my version of liking Wrestler X more than Wrestler Y in WWE. Sad, when you think that this was once one of the "major" sports that were tracked as somehow "real" games -- the equivalent of what you played as a kid, when someone won, someone lost, and wahhh, losers sometimes cried that something wasn't fair, which got them bupkes. The score is the score.... and everybody knows if someone really cheated. None of this "if you measure with Gauge 1, then measure with Gauge 2, then take into account for the ideal gas law, now follow the ball its under one of the three cups, keep watching it, hold on what's in that text over there..."

I'm not going to waste my time and virtual breath trying to get other fans to keep watching the NFL*, because, for exactly the reasons I stuck the asterisk there, it's proven itself to be intentionally attempting to take down one of its constituent franchises.

All I'm saying is that the Pats banner over my computer stays there, despite the Mrs. insistence that my bedroom at our age should not look like a college dorm. And the Pats, unfortunately, play in the NFL*, cheatery as that "league*" is. So I'm stuck.

Some of the fans that are just un-friending the NFL* and the Pats are younger, or jumped the bandwagon, and some have been with the team 50 years. I don't blame any one of them.

I just don't expect anything from the Brady appeal but the possible restoration of some playing time. I think even if we go 0-4 we end up in the playoffs this year with a big chip on our collective shoulder. It's a "maybe" rather than a "done deal" that we win the division - hmmmm sounds like the "parity" (or parody) that the League* wants, right? What a coinkidink.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady gets in Goodell's office, Goody has a lackey close the door, he puts his shoes on the desk and says,

"Tommy, fact is, you win too much. You do the 4 games. Now let's talk about the weather or something for half an hour so it looks like there was a meeting. One word of this and football's over for you. You and I both know I've been granted the power to do that."

And I don't think TFB goes the court route. Maybe yes, maybe no, I just don't hang my hat on it.

Which means, for me, I don't have a choice - on to 2015, until I see otherwise. I'll add that I'm always wrong, so this would be a fine time to be wrong.

I just see anybody looking for vindication as stretching out the inevitable. You won't get "full vindication." Even vindication would come with a raft of other **** that we haven't even seen before, some **** about when you're allowed to re-lace a cleat or some crap, which would immediately become the "latest" way the Pats "cheat," even though everybody else in the league does it too and has never heard of the rule. ("Hold on, that rule is written in crayon...")

Doesn't matter. What happens on the tilted field is all that matters at this point. I know they've tilted it, don't get me wrong. But that's the lay of the land evidently.

Another year, another ring, another "asterisk" from the NFL* and a bunch of whiny Clots/Jest fans... yeah I'd be okay with that. The whole league is spending its time looking for new excuses for losing to the Pats a this point. There is no greater flattery.

Kraft's lack of support and brushing aside of the fans is what bothers me most.

It's very possible that I will walk away from the game I have liked so much, even after 55 years. How this whole fiasco plays out may or may not have an affect on whether I follow Brady out that door when he retires.

I doubt that Brady will have a one-on-one sit down talk with Goodell. Not without a lawyer. He'b be crazy to do it and if he did he'd be crazy to trust anything Fraudger would have to say.

I certainly view the NFL* as corrupt. Even if you grant the Wells report its conclusions on the face of it - and to me, that right there is a sham, when its numerical component rests on the assumption of reversing the testimony of their own officials - the "penalty" phase rests on an earlier "penalty" that's specific to the Patriots. Comparable behavior preceded the last sham proceedings on the part of other teams; Comparable behavior preceded this unproven infraction on the part of other teams; neither merited any penalty. "That's football," if it's anybody else. For us, total 2 first rounders and a 4th rounder, plus a 4 game suspension for the GOAT QB.

So even bending over backward to say - and this is, by the admission of the NFL*, unproven - "Yeah you got us", this stinks of off-field "leveling." Of course the other 31 owners like it. They can't beat us on the field. Big surprise that it's teams that can't get past us that pull this crap.

So I'm still watching, I'm still a fan. Maybe it's my version of liking Wrestler X more than Wrestler Y in WWE. Sad, when you think that this was once one of the "major" sports that were tracked as somehow "real" games -- the equivalent of what you played as a kid, when someone won, someone lost, and wahhh, losers sometimes cried that something wasn't fair, which got them bupkes. The score is the score.... and everybody knows if someone really cheated. None of this "if you measure with Gauge 1, then measure with Gauge 2, then take into account for the ideal gas law, now follow the ball its under one of the three cups, keep watching it, hold on what's in that text over there..."

I'm not going to waste my time and virtual breath trying to get other fans to keep watching the NFL*, because, for exactly the reasons I stuck the asterisk there, it's proven itself to be intentionally attempting to take down one of its constituent franchises.

All I'm saying is that the Pats banner over my computer stays there, despite the Mrs. insistence that my bedroom at our age should not look like a college dorm. And the Pats, unfortunately, play in the NFL*, cheatery as that "league*" is. So I'm stuck.

Some of the fans that are just un-friending the NFL* and the Pats are younger, or jumped the bandwagon, and some have been with the team 50 years. I don't blame any one of them.

I just don't expect anything from the Brady appeal but the possible restoration of some playing time. I think even if we go 0-4 we end up in the playoffs this year with a big chip on our collective shoulder. It's a "maybe" rather than a "done deal" that we win the division - hmmmm sounds like the "parity" (or parody) that the League* wants, right? What a coinkidink.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady gets in Goodell's office, Goody has a lackey close the door, he puts his shoes on the desk and says,

"Tommy, fact is, you win too much. You do the 4 games. Now let's talk about the weather or something for half an hour so it looks like there was a meeting. One word of this and football's over for you. You and I both know I've been granted the power to do that."

And I don't think TFB goes the court route. Maybe yes, maybe no, I just don't hang my hat on it.

Which means, for me, I don't have a choice - on to 2015, until I see otherwise. I'll add that I'm always wrong, so this would be a fine time to be wrong.

I just see anybody looking for vindication as stretching out the inevitable. You won't get "full vindication." Even vindication would come with a raft of other **** that we haven't even seen before, some **** about when you're allowed to re-lace a cleat or some crap, which would immediately become the "latest" way the Pats "cheat," even though everybody else in the league does it too and has never heard of the rule. ("Hold on, that rule is written in crayon...")

Doesn't matter. What happens on the tilted field is all that matters at this point. I know they've tilted it, don't get me wrong. But that's the lay of the land evidently.

Another year, another ring, another "asterisk" from the NFL* and a bunch of whiny Clots/Jest fans... yeah I'd be okay with that. The whole league is spending its time looking for new excuses for losing to the Pats a this point. There is no greater flattery.

Well said, and if it were just bitter fans it would be one thing. But corruption of the games on the field by those who administer it is unacceptable to me. If the Pats lose a game because someone in the league doesn't want them to win, for any reason, then that is cheating in it's worst form. If that's the case then it becomes wrestling with it's phony winners. No thanks.

Last edited:
Goodell works for Kraft - not the other way around. He would have heard the appeal and the chance of him siding with the Patriots was a hell of a lot higher then that Bulter interception. A good lawyer or two would make their case to Goodell - and he might listen.

While everyone hates Goodell and he is a d-bag egomaniac - even the worst of men can be persuaded in the right situation..

Kraft had just finished speaking to Goodell, then decided not to appeal. Are you saying Goodell has split personality disorder or Alzheimers?

Oh, how stupid of me. Everything i did was a crock, I'll change my mind, even though there's no legal reason for me to do so.

The problem with Kraft is that he raised expectations of even fans such as myself who has been a long term critic of his that he actually recognized what a biased POS Goodell was and was willing to fight for his team and its fans. Then to act in the most cravenly pathetic manner embracing the POS and his so called partners is what cost him the faith and respect of most people here. If he said the sun was going to rise in the East tomorrow I wouldn't believe him. What a picture the pudgy putz and his so-called girl friend make.

No, he saw the case was a joke and fully expected no punishment and an apology. He was blind sided, like I and all fans were, I suspect. In his statement he said the punishment was wrong, the process was wrong and it was a crock.

He implied that the league was corrupt and fixed, but it would be stupid to say that, because there needs to be a cohesive league, hopefully after goodsmells is gone.

A good lawyer or two would make their case to Goodell - and he might listen.

Please explain to me what good a lawyer would do in a hearing where owners have agreed to abide by any punishment by goodell and goodell also decides the appeal.

What laws will they refer to, given that anything goodell does to an owner has the force of law?

I never said he didn't get input from his attorneys in fact I'm certain he did. What i said was that it wasn't about his chances of winning on appeal, it was about Robert Kraft's standing among the the owners. Everyone knew there was little to no chance he would win on appeal because of the authority the owners gave to Goodell. Kraft gave King an interview the night before the owners meetings started and gave the impression he was going to continue the fight they started with the Wells Report in Context yet by midday the next n day was at a microphone with his tail between his legs talking about how destructive the rhetoric was to the 32. He also spoke about how wonderful it felt to be a part of that club and how he would never do anything to hurt that. It wasn't about what a rim job the Wells Report was for the league office or about how ridiculous the findings of it were or ludicrous the sanctions were, it was about his place at the table and how he simply couldn't stand being the one upsetting the golden applecart. He caved because he didn't like being the rebellious owner and desperately wanted back his image of being THE MAN WHO SAVED FOOTBALL, so he three his team, his QB, and the fans all under the bus so they would rub his back and tell him it was all going to get better just so long as he didn't make any waves.

As far as support among fans and standing with the fans it was as close to 100% as it could get when we believed he was going to stand his ground, it's what everyone wanted even though we knew he would lose in the end, and while he may have only lost 20+30 of his support outside of New England every indicatiion is that it's closer to 80-90% within New England, and as it stands right now there is a strong likelihood he will get booed out of the stadium if he tries to be the one raising the banner, and as tone deaf as he has been about his capitulation I would guess he plans on doing just that. It's going to be a really ugly scene if he goes out and tried to pull another We Are All Patriots speech when they raise that banner.

He's so sure of himself that he feels the fans who might possibly boo him now will fall right into place by next season. He and the NFL have a long time to spin things any way they want and probably aren't too worried.

I hope and pray that the fans give Kraft the greeting he deserves for his conduct! We may not have a say about the team, but we have a voice that cannot be silenced! I cannot understand why anyone would cheer this hypocrite to begin with.

I Love the Pats. I am sick of the NFL. And most of all I am no longer a Kraft supporter!

Those Kraft supporters are mostly found outside of NE. Pats fans dominate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes