PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I think Kraft caved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz421

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Upon contemplating the sudden turn of events I starting to think The owners and Goodell decided to take this approach. I'm sure they told Kraft all of next season the balls will be measured before and after games. That if if shown the balls can naturally deflate to the level they did in Colts game then then penalization of the draft picks will be revisited.

All Kraft spoke about was fairness. This would have been the most logical fair conclusion the owners meeting could draw. Maybe it is not all nefarious and perhaps the Pats ball people did deflate the balls.

The Brady issue is a completely different thing.

Oh look ... another deflate thread.o_O

Oh look ... another deflate thread.o_O

I only read them for entertainment, but some of the jokes are getting stale. I started laughing at them a week before the SB was even played.

I'm also getting concerned for any Pats fan who thinks that Brady did something wrong. So far I haven't seen even a hint of wrongdoing by Brady, but there are still many doubters.

It's pretty sad when a young man with such impeccable character is treated in this manner, while some of the worst social misfits are being welcomed as heroes. No wonder many of our young people are screwed up.

Upon contemplating the sudden turn of events I starting to think The owners and Goodell decided to take this approach. I'm sure they told Kraft all of next season the balls will be measured before and after games. That if if shown the balls can naturally deflate to the level they did in Colts game then then penalization of the draft picks will be revisited.

All Kraft spoke about was fairness. This would have been the most logical fair conclusion the owners meeting could draw. Maybe it is not all nefarious and perhaps the Pats ball people did deflate the balls.

Lmao

Maybe I'm missing something in the OP, but are you suggesting the Pats would possibly not lose draft picks if the pressure difference was caused by a force of nature? Or are you suggesting if the range of the change of pressure falls within the PSI resulting from intentional deflation, then maybe they might not lose as much in the way of picks? In option (1), the Pats are potentially docked draft picks due to Mother Nature. In option (2), they deliberately deflated the footballs and are given more lenient treatment because the NFL with its billions finally figured out laws of chemistry, despite apparent misdeed by the team. I submit both possibilities would not comport with a sense of fairness as the former implies punishment for no misconduct while the latter is simply misconduct which ends in a fortunate result and thus a lesser sentence (a reduced sentence for what the NFL contends is a pattern of deliberate rule-breaking).

There are plenty of possibilities in what transpired at the owners meeting, both good and bad. Politicians routinely change their positions on issues. Whether that reflects a nefarious motivation (e.g, pressure from special interest groups) or an honorable motivation (e.g., actions that honor political platforms/goals) often turns on the 'why', which is a product of closed and potentially unknowable dealings between interested parties.

Kraft used Connecticut to leverage his current stadium deal. That was business, and I can accept that. While he has done some good for the Patriots, he is not a saint so I would not strain to put a positive spin on events to date. He could have said "Rog, these sanctions come off or your done" and Goody responded "Absolutely, just turn off your public scorn and it all goes away with the appeal." Or maybe it was Rog saying "If you want the Super Bowl in MA, this stuff stops now" and Kraft responded "Done. I look forward to hosting the big game." It is clear the Brady and Patriots issues are absolutely the same problem. It is also clear Kraft's explanations to date on his reason for backing off do not sit well with anyone who has spent time on the Wells report or NFL actions to date. For now, I will wait until its done for Kraft to provide a valid and coherent explanation for his actions.

That if if shown the balls can naturally deflate to the level they did in Colts game then then penalization of the draft picks will be revisited.

It was already proven by the Ted Wells hired Exponent and every other person that tested it, Goodell and Wells chose to ignore it. So no that isn't going to happen.

Help, I have a large amount of money in a Nigerian bank account that is trapped due to civil unrest. If you e-mail me and send 10K to a western union account, I will cut you in!

Me

+

iu

+

iu

+

You

=

Me

iu

With nothing to back it up as well, I believe Kraft caved because he couldn't handle being disliked and ostracized by the other owners. Would fit his personality.

With nothing to back it up as well, I believe Kraft caved because he couldn't handle being disliked and ostracized by the other owners. Would fit his personality.

He preferred to be demonized by thousands of Patriot fans. yeah, that makes sense.

Not sure why we're digging deeper than the obvious for motive. Hard to reconcile that Kraft is an asshat for some of us, I guess. But he was pretty transparent in his presser about why he was doing what he was doing. That's why so many of us are hating on him now. He also made it pretty clear that he knew fans would be upset and he didn't care.

Far as I'm concerned this is irreconcilable differences territory.

I think Goodell has been consistent in his handling and nothing short of a megalomaniac style behavior. While I appreciate the wishful thinking of the OP, that scenario will never happen unless Goodell is deposed and someone attacks the judgement of the NFL and they reconsider everything from the beginning of his tenure.

I'm more likely to win powerball 3 weeks in a row.

Once you rape someone, you can't unrape them.

Not sure why people keep looking for hidden meaning he flat out explained himself in his press conference to paraphrase he said his relationship with his business partners was more important than his other options.

Had he backed down without such a clear statement then maybe it would make sense to wonder if some sort of deal was made but he didn't hide his reasons yet people still trying to attribute some sort of future nobility to the move.

Can I have my 5 minutes back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back