PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I think Brady was off the mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would they know he would move? I mean if they were trying to get
to his right or left but not getting to him why would he move? :confused:

I think I'm right, you think I'm wrong. I'm fine with that.

I know you are wrong.

Brady's legacy will be of a guy that overcame challenges, not one who was 'more bothered than the other QBs' by challenges.

I think they did something to pressure him, because he certainly rushed his throws.

I'm in China watching the game right now on ESPN - pretty cool to get that here in DongGuan. Anyway, I have a couple of observations about Tom's 'Crappy Play' on Sunday.

#1 FIELD POSITION!!! are you kidding me...did you see that game? The Pats had NO running game and were constantly on their own 10 yard line for many of the first drives. In a hostile environment against a great team that is fresh from the Bi-Week and not having the run to go to, he was off absolutely, but given what he was dealing with 99.9% of all QB's would be. Brady just had issues getting them out of those constant holes and being heavily pressured. I think that is understandable considering the above circumstances. Remember, Brady takes what is given to him by the Defense and he got shiat in the first half!

#2 51 ATTEMPTS!!! it is no secret why most offenses do not game plan with this many passes. Your offense becomes completely predictable. We ran the ball under 25 yards and won on the road! Digest that for a minute. That being said, 51 attempts in a hostile environment against one of the best, if not the best team in the NFL is just too much to ask from your QB who is not dealing with the most athletic guys at WR.

#3 TE BLOCKING!!!! Many of Tom's weapons in the passing game this year have come at he TE position. He has had a good season with Watson and Graham has been great in clutch situations, but in this game, they were up at the line blocking and hold with the OL to give him extra time. This literally gave him 2-3 options to throw to - and again 51 times! He had Caldwell, Caffney and Brown...that was about it for weapons.

#4 NO RUNNING GAME!!! See above...I think it safe to say that in every game you need a good balance of run vs. pass. This game was just about the pass.

CONCLUSION = an amazing game by Brady and the OL and the WR's to work with what they had; horrible field position for most of the game, no running attack and few weapons to throw to.

Overall, I think he played fantastic! He marched the team down the field at the end of both halfs...that is ALL YOU NEED BABY!!!

Last edited:
I'm in China watching the game right now on ESPN - pretty cool to get that here in DongGuan. Anyway, I have a couple of observations about Tom's 'Crappy Play' on Sunday.

#1 FIELD POSITION!!! are you kidding me...did you see that game? The Pats had NO running game and were constantly on their own 10 yard line for many of the first drives. In a hostile environment against a great team that is fresh from the Bi-Week and not having the run to go to, he was off. Sure, he just had issues getting them out of those constant holes and being heavily pressured.

#2 51 ATTEMPTS!!! it is no secret why most offenses do not game plan with this many passes. Your offense becomes completely predictable. We ran the ball under 25 yards and won on the road! Digest that for a minute. That being said, 51 attempts in a hostile environment against one of the best, if not the best team in the NFL is just too much to ask from your QB who is not dealing with the most athletic guys at WR.

#3 TE BLOCKING!!!! Many of Tom's weapons in the passing game this year have come at he TE position. He has had a good season with Watson and Graham has been great in clutch situations, but in this game, they were up at the line blocking and hold with the OL to give him extra time. This literally gave him 2-3 options to throw to - and again 51 times! He had Caldwell, Caffney and Brown...that was about it for weapons.

#4 NO RUNNING GAME!!! See above...I think it safe to say that in every game you need a good balance of run vs. pass. This game was just about the pass.

CONCLUSION = an amazing game by Brady and the OL and the WR's to work with what they had; horrible field position for most of the game, no running attack and few weapons to throw to.

Overall, I think he played fantastic! He marched the team down the field at the end of both halfs...that is ALL YOU NEED BABY!!!

Nice post!

Of course, I would be accused of whining if I asked all these HUGE BRADY FANS to use this same logic and review why Brady has struggled this season.

Hell, a person would almost conclude that Brady has done the best he could this year and not been overly bothered by the huge adaptations he has had to make to turn some left overs into the top WRs in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Why don't you try and pay attention. You are putting facts out there that support the truth of the situation as I see it and then telling me I am wrong. Fact is that Brady has turned some bums off the street into the top WRs in the playoffs and that Brady is doing okay himself. Which is in support of me saying that Brady is doing fine.

You should apologize to them for calling them bums, simple as that.

They're both talented receivers, rated higher than Branch in the same draft year, who've taken on a complicated defense in a year, and a 1/2 year to the extent they can be favorably compared to recent receivers with 4 years experience in the system.

Brady has had a challenging year, but at this point must be ecstatic at how 2 of his receivers have responded. The rhythm has been on and off, but that's to be expected.

I think you could really benefit from more fiber in your diet.

Last edited:

It appeared to distract him. He knows what to do with a guy coming at him up the middle. He's very good at avoiding those rushers. These guys were coming up the middle and angling to where they thought he'd move. The QB only has 1 eye on these rushers anyway, it's almost a 6th sense. It seemed to upset his comfort level and footwork. Hey, I may be way off, and it was his receivers running the wrong patterns.

These receivers, though - Gaffney and Caldwell - have been nothing short of miraculous lately. They're both young, experienced, talented and signed thru next year. If Jackson's the real deal, we're in very good shape at WR next season, compared to what I thought a month ago.

I was also happy to see Graham catch those two long seam routes. That's what we always hoped he could do.

CONCLUSION = an amazing game by Brady
Well, three INTs which were all his fault is hardly an amazing game. I guess that makes me a sucky fan.

Well, three INTs which were all his fault is hardly an amazing game. I guess that makes me a sucky fan.

Well, we're going to the AFC Championship game so Yeah, it does make you a sucky fan!

Be grateful for what you got and stop wishing for more!

You should apologize to them for calling them bums, simple as that.

They're both talented receivers, rated higher than Branch in the same draft year, who've taken on a complicated defense in a year, and a 1/2 year to the extent they can be favorably compared to recent receivers with 4 years experience in the system.

Brady has had a challenging year, but at this point must be ecstatic at how 2 of his receivers have responded. The rhythm has been on and off, but that's to be expected.

I think you could really benefit from more fiber in your diet.

You should apologize for so failing to have a clue about anything.

Yeah, Brady is 'ecstatic' that he lost Givens and Branch to Caldwell, who couldn't catch a cold until half way through the year, and Gaffney, who has come on strong for all of TWO GAMES now. Yeah, nobody has it better than Brady! And that great O-Line that has kept him clean all year!

Yeah, it's probowls from now on for Gaffney, Caldwell, and the whole O-Line.

There is enough crap around here to make up for any lack of fiber in my diet. Much of it coming from you.

Brady has helped turn around two homeless WRs that had been cast aside. He has had moments in the year when he didn't throw perfectly. We are now one of four final teams in the league. Brady is fine.

I thought we already had a Brady bagging Giselle thread!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing