PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I really like these early offensive moves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The thing I like most is that the offense is pretty much set. Brady and co have MONTHS to practice, get to know each other, get timing down, etc. This is a huge advantage, and means they should start the season on a quick start.

I think one of the biggest lessons learned last year was that you CANT just plug in receivers and expect magic. It takes time.

They've got their weapons. They can now develop a plan well in advance, and practice it. This makes a lot of sense, and is a brilliant move.

The thing I like most is that the offense is pretty much set. Brady and co have MONTHS to practice, get to know each other, get timing down, etc. This is a huge advantage, and means they should start the season on a quick start.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Look for everyone to improve .....

What I like about this, is after last year it looks like the pats now know that they can just pick guys up off of the street and plug them into our complicated offense. I like the way things are being done, it builds a lot of quality depth and roster competition. A lot of these guys are technically in their contract year and will be playing for big bucks, really like the Kelly Washington acquisition as he looks like a real sleeper.

I think one of the biggest lessons learned last year was that you CANT just plug in receivers and expect magic. It takes time.

They've got their weapons. They can now develop a plan well in advance, and practice it. This makes a lot of sense, and is a brilliant move.

I was thinking the same thing. Gaffney and Caldwell already have some time under their belts. We all know Brown is ready to go (if he decides to play another year). Now you give Welker, Stallworth and Washington all off-season, minicamps, passing camps, TC and preseason games to get up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye