PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I now want the Pats to trade for Pacman Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why I now want the Pats to trade for Pacman Jones.

Damn, I didn't think I was going to set some of you off.

All I was trying to say was that there a lot of guys with character issues. I don't think Meriweather is anywhere near Pacman, but I was just pointing out that in the past the Pats have signed guys when people were saying they were a "cancer" or had character issues. I COMPLETELY AGREE that what Meriweather did was not wrong, but when he was drafted everyone was talking about his character issues. I think you really took my statement the wrong way.

Could you please post some sort of reference to things that will piss you off for no reason so that I'm sure not to make a statement that could be twisted into something completely different than what I said? Thanks, I appreciate it. I really wouldn't want to be insulted again, because you just hurt my feelings so badly by calling me stupid rather than just telling me I was wrong. You truly are a forum badass.

I didn't call you stupid. If you felt that was the tone I apologize. I was not
sure what you were trying to say. The way the sentence was constructed
I wasn't sure what point you were trying to get across. Not a forum badass
either, I just get pissed off whenever someone gets all over Meriweather for
doing what I would consider a brave and heroic gesture rather than making
him out to be just another hood in the 'hood' which is what a lot of people
have done.

His stomping incident deserves criticism but in no way does his behavior
deserve any wrt the legally owned firearm. In fact I would think that he
ought to be lauded for his courage rather than scourged by the press.

Friends? :D

Does anybody know for sure how trading for Jones affects the salary cap, assuming he does not restructure his contract? For example, would the Pats take on a pro-rated portion of his original signing bonus towards their cap, or is that original bonus all on the Titans' cap regardless if they trade him or cut him? Also, how does his suspension affect what is due on his original contract?

Here is what I read he was due to earn in salary before being suspended.
2007: $1,292,500
2008: $1,742,500
2009: $2,192,000

His remaining signing bonus gets charged to the Titans, and we would only be charged his base salary, if he made the team, and ZERO if he is cut.

I'd give a 4th, although a 5th would probably be enough, just to have him return kicks, even if he never played D.
That all is contingent on BB being confident his a-hole personality wouldnt get in the way of the team. Or at least confident enough that the 4th or 5th isn't going ot make the team, so if and when Pacman becomes ***holeman, he cuts him on the spot.
Not much to lose.

"I will gladly pick him up at the airport, carry his bags and buy him dinner, before heading to Foxboro."

Don't forget to stop in Providence at the Foxy Lady so he can "make it rain".

"I will gladly pick him up at the airport, carry his bags and buy him dinner, before heading to Foxboro."

Don't forget to stop in Providence at the Foxy Lady so he can "make it rain".

Is the King's Inn around? Making him stop there would be hilarious.

Does anyone else wish that these Pac-man threads would die permanently?

I didn't call you stupid. If you felt that was the tone I apologize. I was not
sure what you were trying to say. The way the sentence was constructed
I wasn't sure what point you were trying to get across. Not a forum badass
either, I just get pissed off whenever someone gets all over Meriweather for
doing what I would consider a brave and heroic gesture rather than making
him out to be just another hood in the 'hood' which is what a lot of people
have done.

His stomping incident deserves criticism but in no way does his behavior
deserve any wrt the legally owned firearm. In fact I would think that he
ought to be lauded for his courage rather than scourged by the press.

Friends? :D

Haha, sure :)

In fact, I think my Meriweather comment just served my point. Just saying "hey man that dude shot someone he sucks" is exactly the kind of bull**** "Character issues" we put people through.

Anyway...The point...I would accept a trade of Pacman. If he fails as a person, so what? It's only a late round pick we'd have to give up.

Last edited:
WTF is wrong with you people? This POS should be in jail not playing football.

Get your priorities straight, football is a game. It is not so important that we should encourage a low life scumbag like this moron to come play for the Pats.

A lot more than a 4th round pick is at stake, we are talking about people's lives here. He is a danger to everyone in the city of Boston. When a member of his posse shoots someone again and they die this time are you going to be more concerned over the wasted draft pick?

Talk about a bunch of friggin enablers, you should be ashamed of yourselves for thinking football is more important than people's safety.

WTF is wrong with you people? This POS should be in jail not playing football.

Get your priorities straight, football is a game. It is not so important that we should encourage a low life scumbag like this moron to come play for the Pats.

A lot more than a 4th round pick is at stake, we are talking about people's lives here. He is a danger to everyone in the city of Boston. When a member of his posse shoots someone again and they die this time are you going to be more concerned over the wasted draft pick?

Talk about a bunch of friggin enablers, you should be ashamed of yourselves for thinking football is more important than people's safety.

Just to be clear, we can put you down as against trading for Pacman?

If Jones becomes a Patriot, keeps his nose clean and becomes a good player for the team, many of the people berating you now will be saying things like "Jones is a good guy. Sure he likes strippers, but..."

No, I'd still be saying things like, "He's an ass who gets people shot and I hope he suffers a career-ending neck injury, which would be awesome karma."

Fortunately, we'll never know, because Jones isn't a good guy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back