Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why I love Sergio Brown...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Because, post-INT, once he realized there was no room to run and the only thing(s) that could happen were bad, he curled up, protected the ball and allowed the OFFENSE to come on the field and do its job. This is something we would NEVER have seen from "the other #31" and those tiny little smart moves add up over time. Thank you, Sergio.

2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,047 / 20 / -13

Disable Jersey

I was afraid to open and read this thread because thoughts of "hot bottom" came to mind but I agree with you and obviously BB does as well. One thing the safetys did well was cover the TE. In fact part of the problem with today's D might gave been the coaching insistence that stopping Gates was the primary focus to the detriment of other coverages, q.v. the underneath outlet pass.

3. mac

mac On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The other #31 was extremely durable in his four years. As can already be seen, jettisoning Merriweather may result in late camp free agent pickups starting in the secondary.

4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +960 / 17 / -8

#3 Jersey

They did that before with Welker in 2006 . . . they held Welker without a catch, but the LOLphins won the game. :(

5. NinjaZX6R

NinjaZX6R In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

His first INT since High school.

6. The Scrizz

The Scrizz 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -2

#11 Jersey

He shut down Gates, period, when he had him. He got flagged for one bs call, but even if you count that against him the redzone INT makes up for it.

I think the decision was made to give Rivers those dumps because they come in smaller increments with less chance of a huge play. Problem was Jackson made some huge plays because we had no safety help and it got worse when Chung went out.

Sergio was definitely a bright spot today. And I can't get too worked up because we absolutely abused SD's safeties and this was supposed to be a top-10 or so defense.

Just looking around the league there are huge numbers getting thrown up early.

7. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,271 / 11 / -7

#24 Jersey

Kind of like the Thurman Thomas game planning in the SB when coach was with the Giants, or at least in the same vein anyway considering the obvious fact that they are 2 different positional players.

Allow him (or 'them' in this instance) to gain some yards, but at the same time prevent the big play and let them kill themselves with the clock.

Of course this could just be a Pro-Belichickian conspiracy theory from me too. I'm sure there were several big keys to the game, things that we had to do to limit them and have a chance at winning. I don't believe they did very well in some areas (watch the chucks dowfield to the bigger WR's), but I do think they did an awesome job at others (taking away the TE).

And the offensive game planning has been a thing of pure beauty of course.

8. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,271 / 11 / -7

#24 Jersey

But yeah, I have been somewhat of a S.Brown supporter since last yr's limited viewing of him. I think they like his potential, and his smarts. I'm not sure he has the natural/raw talent that some have, but we all know that doesn't always add up to a successful player (see: Dez Bryant).

9. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

Was impressed with Sergio! Played well!

And I am stuff unsure on the flag, think it was a little harsh!

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

He shut Gates down, at the expense of Jackson getting more than his fair share...

11. Froob

Froob Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#32 Jersey

Can't really recall meri doing anything dumb with the football. Good game by Sergio.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  12. Synovia

Synovia In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Merriweather has had several ints where he's just dropped to the ground with the ball when there was nowhere to go.

But the truth doesn't matter to most of the people here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.