PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I Love having a good Running game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Because Tom Brady is 35 years old. Simple as that.

While he certainly isn't ancient, he's getting up there and father time catches up with everyone. Wear and tear comes into effect. The more he drops back, the more chance there is for injury.

It did not make any sense at all when we were stomping teams last year, and Bill O'Brien still had Brady slinging it when we had a great OLine and just drafted 2 Running Backs. To be honest, I think O'Brien just wanted to inflate his numbers so that he'd have a better chance at getting a Head Coaching job himself. A greedy mentality.

Pounding the rock may allow Brady to extend his career an extra year or two.

Last edited:
3rd in the NFL in rushing.

Other teams with elite QBs - Giants #12 ,Packers #20,Falcons #21, Steelers #26, Saints #28 ,

49ers are averaging 195 yards per game and 6.1 ypc as a team right now. Weakass jests and bills.

Not sure Bill O'Brien did all this as contended, as BB is not listening to Bon Jovi in his headphones..

Last year was their rookie year, and Vereen was hurt for most of the year.. this year they are all healthy and with Bolden added to the fold.. they provide more of a running game than I can remember..

Not sure Bill O'Brien did all this as contended, as BB is not listening to Bon Jovi in his headphones..

Last year was their rookie year, and Vereen was hurt for most of the year.. this year they are all healthy and with Bolden added to the fold.. they provide more of a running game than I can remember..

BJGE was a solid back for us, and Ridley played well last year too, when given the chance.

Because Tom Brady is 35 years old. Simple as that.

While he certainly isn't ancient, he's getting up there and father time catches up with everyone. Wear and tear comes into effect. The more he drops back, the more chance there is for injury.

It did not make any sense at all when we were stomping teams last year, and Bill O'Brien still had Brady slinging it when we had a great OLine and just drafted 2 Running Backs. To be honest, I think O'Brien just wanted to inflate his numbers so that he'd have a better chance at getting a Head Coaching job himself. A greedy mentality.

Pounding the rock may allow Brady to extend his career an extra year or two.

I agree about Brady's age, but I also like the balance. This offense has lacked balance for a while now. Defenses can't just pin their ears back and attack Brady anymore when they play the Patriots. They have a running game to worry about now. There are backs on this roster that are a threat to take it to the house if defenses don't pay attention to them.

As to the title of the thread, I thought this paragraph on Boston.com summed it up (by someone name Zuri Berry, whoever that is):

It was evident that the Broncos were having trouble defending the Patriots' passing game in the first half. Brady connected with Wes Welker for nine completions through two quarters for 71 yards. (Welker finished with 13 catches for 104 yards). The Broncos adjusted, bringing more defensive backs into the game. That's when Ridley and Bolden went wild, allowing the Patriots to control the clock. The Patriots possessed the ball for 35:49.

They can pretty much out-adjust anyone. Even without AHern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down