PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I hope TO and Dallas Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm not big on rooting for someone to fail - every one of us has shortcomings enough to keep us off the soapbox for very long. And when a person constructively employs a second chance, I try not to be cynical; rehabilitation and change take a lot of effort.

But Dallas offering TO $10 million up front after his despicable, ego-oriented behavior in SF and Philadelphia, brazenly encourages the lowest of motives. Blinded by a fantasy, Jerry Jones has enabled the TO monster for another session; the absurd belief that TO can put his team into the SB has clouded the rational and moral judgement of Jones and the entire Cowboys organization.

Anyone with half a brain can look at this transaction and firmly state that money rules over any other guidance the NFL society suggests to maintain. Personal responsibilty, teamwork, dedication, subjagation of the one for the many - all of these supposedly core ideals are obliterated by the TO signing. The fact that TO didn't have to sign for the minimum meant enough other teams were invloved to erode any sense of collective moral decency, or social oversight, the NFL ever had.

Such events make me worry that America is diminished by the making of profit such an all consuming goal that we forgo all meaningful values in its name, certainly the NFL is.

BTW, MoLewisRocks has an exceptional post in the earlier TO thread.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
I'm not big on rooting for someone to fail - every one of us has shortcomings enough to keep us off the soapbox for very long. And when a person constructively employs a second chance, I try not to be cynical; rehabilitation and change take a lot of effort.

But Dallas offering TO $10 million up front after his despicable, ego-oriented behavior in SF and Philadelphia, brazenly encourages the lowest of motives. Blinded by a fantasy, Jerry Jones has enabled the TO monster for another session; the absurd belief that TO can put his team into the SB has clouded the rational and moral judgement of Jones and the entire Cowboys organization.

Anyone with half a brain can look at this transaction and firmly state that money rules over any other guidance the NFL society suggests to maintain. Personal responsibilty, teamwork, dedication, subjagation of the one for the many - all of these supposedly core ideals are obliterated by the TO signing. The fact that TO didn't have to sign for the minimum meant enough other teams were invloved to erode any sense of collective moral decency, or social oversight, the NFL ever had.

Such events make me worry that America is diminished by the making of profit such an all consuming goal that we forgo all meaningful values in its name, certainly the NFL is.

I think I am of a similar opion Dallas..down the drain..

Brady'sButtBoy said:

Unless you live in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex, your point above is agreed by everyone in America. I dont think anyone in good conscience can call these guys "America's Team" any longer.

Seems like a good fit. T.O. on one side and Terry Glenn lined up on the other. Thing is, there are teams out there that will always put talent above character. T.O. will always be able to find a home, the same way Glenn did. Alot of owners don't care that what kind of people are on the team, so long as they are great athletes. Sadly, alot of teams have that mentality.
For me, give me guys like Teddy, Brady and Rodney. I want to have a team that I can watch with my 18 month old son and be proud.

I hope Dallas goes right through to the Super Bowl...where we can then watch all these so-called experts (media whores) gag on their own B.S. the last few years.

Let's face it...Owens has enough Bulletin Board material to keep his adrenaline pumping year round.

I am not a big T.O. fan but I am and have been a huge McNabb critic. He is and always has been horrible. Good against bad teams and always failing to make his team better.

The Eagles got where they did with alot of great role players...McNabb got lucky and I really don't blame T.O. for calling him out. He wouldn't have had to call him out but for the media making McNabbs dome swell the last few years. McNabb actually started believeing he was the next great QB.

So go T.O....go Bledsoe and go Terry Glenn and Parcells. I really don't care for any of them....but it's a story like no other....THE DALLAS RAIDERS...the best story in the NFL since we pounded the Rams in 2001.

Last edited:
who has the bigger ego: jones, parcells, or TO? it's a good thing that stadium is open-air, to fit all those egos.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
the absurd belief that TO can put his team into the SB has clouded the rational and moral judgement of Jones and the entire Cowboys organization.

a_owens_i.jpg

How do you spin this if you are Parcells or Jones. I would be pissed if I were a Dallas fan. Are you supposed to forget the "star incident" because he's on your team now. T.O. is just too much of an a-hole to root for. Even if Dallas does have success w/ T.O. -like go to the Super Bowl, the focus will not be the Dallas Cowboys, it will be all about T.O.

Great move Parcels. The clock on this time bomb has just started ticking.

This puts Dallas in position to make a run at the Superbowl. Some Dallas fans will not forget the star incident, others will forget as soon as T.O. scores a touchdown. In another era, Dallas signed one of their most hated enemies in Deion Sanders, it seemed to work out all right. On offense, they will have Glen and T.O. with Jason Whitten at tight end with Jones running the ball. If their defense solidifies they should be the NFC representative in the next Superbowl. Jerry Jones seemingly satisfied T.O.'s gripe about money. So, unless he gets an aneurysm for not getting enough touches or accurate throws, then he should be good for this year.

At the very least it will be interesting to watch the Cowgirls when the season starts. Washington vs Dallas. Snyder vs Jones. Tuna vs Gibbs. I love it already! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes