PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I hate the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight we play my most hated team, the NY Giants.

My hate for them goes back many years. When I was growing up in Maine, the Patriots were a start up AFL team. They were not on TV.

Instead we had the Giants on every Sunday. All of the Gaints fans in my area were very arrogant. I went with the Browns back then becasue I loved Jim Brown.

When I returned to Maine after the Army and then college, the Patriots were now an NFL team. But, there were still plenty of Gaints fans and they have grown more arrogant. Always putting the Patriots down while over estimating their dumb team.

During the dark days, Patriots game were balcked out, but Gaints game were always on a Portland TV station. When the Gaints won their first SB, their fans were even more arrogant. Many in my own family.

I still find Giants fans to be arrogant even though they have nothing to be arogant about.

So tonight, even though it's the 4th preseason game, I hope that the Patriots bury them just as we did the Skins last week.

There must be others here that had the same Giants experiences as I had. Do you still hate them as much?

Last edited:
What I hate about the Giinats is that they represent such a large city, so they are a "sexy" team. They just have to show a small spark of life and the pundits talk them up to make them sound great. Other teams don't get near the same treatment. Something about them being from New York makes the media want them to sound good. It was unbelievable, last year the Giants looked pretty good but not especially great and on ESPN they were talking about "penciling them in" for the Superbowl. Then when the playoffs started thy got so much coverage and hype. I think a similar thing is true with the Dolphins. Not that they are from that big a city, but Miami is the L.A. of the east coast, supposedly filled with tan, rich, beautiful people which for some reason I feel makes them a "sexy" pick in the media.

Last edited:
I was raised to hate the Giants. Just like I was raised to hate the Jets. Similar reason to yours, Nut, but it was my parents that kind of instilled it in me.

Although I hate the Jets far more, I grew up hating the Jints as they were the NFL team on TV. Sam Huff was SO overated. Of course, I hated all things NY. My fav was the Browns with Jim Brown. The media hype for the NYG was pervasive.

The emergent AFL and Patsies were derided by NFL and particularly Boston area NYG fans.

Payback's a *****!

I always think of this family where I grew up in Mass. when I think of the Giants. The father was a Giants fan and raised the kids that way. They wouldn't even give the Pats a consideration. Very arrogant too, just as you describe. Gets me angry just thinking about it.

Giant Glass. Yes folks those obnoxious commercials you hear is for a company named after the NY Giants. The name of his successful Massachusetts-based auto-glass repair company is Giant Glass. "I named it on May 4, 1978, in honor of the New York Giants," proclaims Dennis Drinkwater of Giant Glass.

I see no reason to like them

I think some Giants fans are fine. I've met some who are very thoughtful, reasonable and intelligent, who have much respect for the Pats. One that I met said that he is so amazed by the Past because they step on the field each Sunday and they already have such a huge advantage over every opponent they play because of their tremendous coaching staff and preparation. I can tolerate Giants fans much more than Jets fans. It is ok to praise an aspect of another team. It does not mean you are any less a fan of you own team.

Funny how all the NY fans are all yapping about the Yankees but the last few years have had little to say about the Giants or Jets. Lord help us if they have a good year then they will all come out of the woodwork

1) I will never root for any NY/NJ-based team, except maybe the NHL Rangers; let's face it, the NHL needs the publicity.

2) Until recently, games there were played on the dangerous, ugly phony-turf.

3)There is a Manning at QB.

The one thing that could have put the Pats out of business during

the lean, early years was the Giants on TV. Luckily, NBC came along

and gave the AFL a contract.

I hate the Giants because an ex-boyfriend of mine that treated me like ***** is a HUGE Giants fan.........their losing is like a personal victory for me against the ex :D

kencc said:
Funny how all the NY fans are all yapping about the Yankees but the last few years have had little to say about the Giants or Jets. Lord help us if they have a good year then they will all come out of the woodwork

Please. Trust me, NY fans are just as vocal about their other teams, including the Giants, Rangers and Mets. It's the Yankee fans that aren't talking **** anymore....their team has the highest price tag in sports and they haven't won a world series in almost 10 years.

If I have to root for an NFC team, its the Giants. Maybe because I was a fan of LT, Simms, Parcells, and yes, Belichik....before he became coach of the Pats. Living in NY for 12 years, however, made my disdain for the Jets and Yankees approach full blooded hatred. I'm glad to be outta that state finally.

Why I hate the Giants.

One Word: Manning.

The anti-Brady.

The spoiled little prick pulled an elway on draft day; therefore i curse his entire NFL career.

Weird, I'm 26, lived in Eastern Mass my whole life and never knew a giants fan...must be a generational thing....my dad was always a pats fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes