Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why havent the MSM talked about this?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Oct 16, 2011.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

This is a real social movement. It is not some Democratic or Republican pawn. It is not a plaything controlled by the Koch brothers or Soros. It's just people of all sorts who think this country truly needs some significant change. There are plenty of videos out there now of unprovoked police brutality, and you have an example of violence the other way around. It's all wrong, but isolated incidents of violence are neither a portrait of the protestors or of the police.

OCCUPY WALL STREET POLICE VIOLENCE OCT 14 - YouTube!

Occupy Wall Street Police Baton Attack Protesters OWS Brutality - YouTube
  3. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

I suppose if this was the tea party, this would be all over the MSM!!
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

Just more lies. A cursory look at google shows results from ABC, CBS, MSNBC and Reuters on the first couple pages.

You're quite obsessed, huh?
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

They all are, so much so play the paranoia card consistently.
  6. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This was the first I'd seen of the brutality going on in NYC early on back on Sept 29th when there was little or nothing on TV about it, or the protests really. Even Alex Jones had little or nothing on this at the time. I'm no fan of MSNBC but kudos to this guy, whoever he is: Lawrence O'Donnell on Police Brutality at Occupy Wall Street - YouTube I found this very difficult to watch. As one 74 yo vereran at the OBoston said, "this isn't the country I planned to come back to." MSNBC blows imho but this is a must see. sweetjezuz.
    And it happens everyday
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Pretty grim, isn't it?
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If it was the tea party, it would be the lead story on every news broadcast and make major headlines coast to coast.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

A fox news reporter was maced and hit with a baton, and they failed to think that this was newsworthy.. interesting????
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  10. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah cause the police never do anything wrong ever.....

List of cases of police brutality in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just to name a few, cops are here to serve and protect not harass and victimize! Like most of have been saying there are always a few bad apples in every group but for the most part these are good people voicing there opinion and that's their right.

KDP, the last few days you've really been on a rampage on these forums, just an FYI your not convincing anyone here but yourself and a few loose screws around here....The rest of us realize that this movement is a good thing and that these people of the OWS are doing us all a great justice by marching and protesting!

No one wants to see violence but you can only push people so much before they break and if the rich aren't careful it might just be sooner rather then later.......The next civil war might just be between the rich and the poor.......as our resources diminish and greed runs ramped its just a matter of time, unless we change it and work out our issues as a whole.

A great man once said: America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    "Abraham Lincoln"
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

12. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

I actually felt bad for some of those cops. You know most of them did nothing, and many probably agreed with him.

I'm also glad it was clear he was a veteran and that there were a lot of cameras around.
  14. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Speaking of huge corporations owning the govt:

JPMorgan Chase donates millions to NYPD prior to mass arrests at Occupy Wall Street

So who's the NYPD protecting and serving? Who are they working for? The people? Um no. 4.6 mill can buy you a lotta loyalty. I don't know if anyone saw the 60 Minutes segment on the NYPD's new Counterterrorism unit but pick a video and check it out:60 minutes nypd counterterrorism unit - YouTube
  15. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Exactly, that's what's so sad about it all. These cops are in the "99%" too, they have families, kids in school, I'm sure many of them don't enjoy carting peaceful citizens off to jail just because the people are there. In fact I know of more than a few policemen and women who are very disturbed by what they see happening.
  16. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Holy cripes!!!

It's supposedly illegal for a coffee shop to offer free coffee to police officers because it might "look like" you're trying to get special favors for your store but a huge Wall Street company can "give" them nearly 5 million dollars????

Individual cops can't even risk giving the appearance of having taken a gratituity but the force as a whole can take millions?

That ain't right.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

It's so sad. I watched a television segment on this very thing this morning...and the Mr and I just went through it in the last two months.

What with all the electronic banking that's possible and with most employers mandating direct diposit, it's a huge hassle to close one account and open another. The bank doesn't help much and it's up to you to notify your employer and any automatic withdrawal places that you deal with. Most of them take a month or more to take effect, so you have to have enough money in both accounts for at least 5 -8 weeks to make sure that nothing bounces because you're never quite sure when the change of account notices are going to be processed by either the sending or the receiving agent.

We had 4 checking accounts between the two of us. MrP had two checking accounts, one of his own and one joint account and I had one of my own and one with my son. When they came up with this "no more free checking unless you have this, this and that," we decided to consolidate. But notifiying everyone was a bi!ch and it really did take almost 2 months until we were able to safely close all but one of the accounts - and due to the inevitable mix-up, his direct deposit was delayed by 5 days for two consecutive paychecks - which could have caused big problems and a couple hundred dollars in bounced check fees and/or overdraft protection costs if any of our auto-withdraws had kicked in and there hadn't been enough money to cover it because his paycheck hadn't been deposited on time.

They've kinda got the people over a barrel - and I'm pretty sure they planned it that way.
  19. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

Yeah, I offered to buy an officer lunch the other day when he was behind me in line, and he explained that he couldn't accept that.

maybe I should have explained to him that I could run it through one of my companies. :)
  20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -2

I've been meaning to get rid of my personal BofA accounts for a while. My business accounts would be too much of a pita to move, but maybe I'll finally move the personal accounts on the 5th.