PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why has AD struggled with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we wait to see if we get Peppers I have a question for fellow fans.
Why has AD struggled with us. I know he was hurt last year but he hasn't made the impact we thought from a All-Pro. Have you been happy with his play,was he used wrong; do you expect more from him this year?
thanks

He's played very well for us, both at SILB and OLB. He was playing at a pro bowl level before the injury last year, the defense went to shambles without him. The D was basically playing at the same level as it was in 07, but once AD was out, it fell apart.

dude, you are awesome.

that is not struggling.

if they can keep him on the outside, and put a little heat opposite him, like a crable, draft pick, peppers, or whoever, I think carolinatony will be in for a very good season.

also, if you can't go to a bar, you can usually watch the live feeds online.

I agree with everything you wrote (except the "awesome" part).

If I can watch every game from the god forsaken Jiangsu province, surely Tony can figure out a way to watch from god forsaken North Carolina province.

seni10.gif

That was by far my favorite play of the season last year. Maybe of all time. I must of pressed rewind on live tv like 78 times. I was laughing on the floor.

Maybe not all time, all time, but funniest for sure and right up there all time lol

that clip is as mesmerizing as a jiggling boobs gif.

This thread sounds like a lot of callers to WEEI. You know the ones that think Seymore sucks because he doesn't get enough sacks, and Wilfork, ect.... AD has thrived with the pats and makes us very versatile when he's in there. One thing you can't be when you are a pats fan, is individual player stat conscience. The pats are concerned with wins, nothing more.

Yeah, I listened to that today and scratched my head. Even if you want to look at sacks, Seymour led the team in sacks in 2008 and matched his career high. Seymour seems to be a victim of perception over reality.

Thomas played inside in 2007 which is not his natural position. In 2008, he was playing great before he broke his arm.

Yep, might say it's one of those 1,000-word pictures, eh?

yeah, that's really the great thing about thomas --- he can bring the heat as well as anybody, but can also drop back and pick the ball off, or just come up big w/a tackle in the middle, and he's smart enough that bb had him qb'ing the defense in his first year over here.

I don't think you'll find a lot of players like that.

I absolutely can't wait to see this guy healthy on the outside full time, now that they have mayo holding down the inside.

I may be partial, though, as I had him on my fantasy squad the year before they got him.

"If I can watch every game from the god forsaken Jiangsu province, surely Tony can figure out a way to watch from god forsaken North Carolina province."

The only problem down here is NASCAR is on most weekends. And they are now on turn 125.....

AD in his first year played ILB for us. ILB in a 3-4 isnt so much of an impact position so people were disappointed to see that AD wasnt making many plays but he was doing a very good job as he got accustomed to a new position. Later in the year, he switched to outside and he started racking up sacks end of season and into plays..definitely got pressure.

Last year he was having a nice start until the injury. OLB is his best position although he makes a very good ILB too. His versatility is key for us and he does it all.

Yo!
Lay off the OP!
It's a legitimate, well spoken question.
If i wanted rude, I'd go to the espn board.
There are intelligent and courteous answers here, but in between are some stinkers.
Some of you guys really need to slow the f**k down.

Or maybe asked him to change the thread title to "HAS AD struggled with us?"

Yo!
Lay off the OP!
It's a legitimate, well spoken question.
If i wanted rude, I'd go to the espn board.
There are intelligent and courteous answers here, but in between are some stinkers.
Some of you guys really need to slow the f**k down.

Everyone seems pretty friendly to me.

Tony, move to China, we'll watch the games together.

so, how is it you happen to be in china?

I'm assuming you aren't born and raised chinese nationalist?

so, how is it you happen to be in china?

I'm assuming you aren't born and raised chinese nationalist?

I decided to become a communist. North Korea is too cold and Cuba is too hot. So that left China.

Or, some may claim that I moved here for work in 2006. :D

The reason why AD hasn't put up pro bowl stats is because he has to go into coverage more than he would probably like. The problem with the Pats LB's is, they can't guard the TE. AD is the best coverage LB on the team. When Mayo and Guyton improve their coverage skills, you will see a lot more games where Thomas gets after the QB like he did in the super bowl.

I might as well put in the obligatory comment.

He's made of glass. He missed half of the season last year. Its a waste of money for someone watching instead of playing.

Last edited:
I am going to catch some heat for this but it seemed like he was a little bit more of a force at ILB.

I am going to catch some heat for this but it seemed like he was a little bit more of a force at ILB.

He was solid I'd say, to be sure. Not sexy, but I think most would agree that the
sex appeal has been missing from our D for quite a while, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back