PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Even Watch The Pro Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This game is basically a joke. The real game is obviously the Superbowl.

If I had NOTHING else better to do, I still wouldn't watch it.

Then don't watch it. Don't let the fact that others will watch bother you.

I watch it only to see the WR's and RB's show their stuff...like a skills contest...otherwise the game is horrible.

does anyone know what the line is?

The QB challenge is kinda cool.

Good question.

Years ago I asked myself the same question and tried to come up with a logical, valid reason for me to watch it

I couldn't, so I haven't and I won't so I don't.

I've never watched it, and I don't miss it.

It's a "non-reality" (special only for the Pro-Bowl rules) football game trying to eke out one more sunday with a sudden last gasp of football viewing audience until the fall - - - pure hype.

Not my bag. I'll just wait until football season comes again, until then . . . .

:beersign:

I don't watch the probowl, or Arena ball or the CFL or NFL Europe. That's my choice. I understand that many enjoy watching one or all of this. Different stokes for different folks.

I don't know why there is such venom, and why this is a heated discussion in the many probowl threads. Those who want to play come, those who want to watch watch. And players are bright enough to have bonuses based on being named to the probowl, rather than actually playing.

Personally, I am quite content that no patriots will play. The injury risk is high. But then, players often get injured in non-football injuries in the off-season. make no mistake, the probowl is in the off-season. The season ends with the Super Bowl.

I watch it because it's the last one til next year. :(

"Why even watch the Pro Bowl?"

That's what I ask every year...

I like it. I don't view it as a must watch or anything, but I enjoy checking it out.

C'mon guys, this is the only opportunity every year that Peyton Manning has the chance to win a Game MVP award. I mean, only two Game MVP awards are given out a year and we all know what the other one is. I mean, things like this only come along once a year. :D

I don't intend to watch the game, but I did used to get a big kick out of the QB challenge.

I don't blame players for being skittish about going....didn't Robert Edwards wreck his knee playing beach volleyball or something? You just never know what can happen.

It's an honor to be named, but I'm glad Tom and Richard took a pass on the actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing