PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart is FLAWED.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
You continue to prove your lack of football knowledge my friend.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

TShirt has more than proved his knowledge on other threads; just because he doesn't respond on this one doesn't change that fact.

ctpatsfan77 said:
Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

TShirt has more than proved his knowledge on other threads; just because he doesn't respond on this one doesn't change that fact.

Well then he should show me that I'm wrong. The fact that he hasn't tells me either he can't due to lack of knowledge, or he can't because the Fins are the superior team.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
By the way, I thought I should perhaps link airs and errs for you.

Plus you want to watch out for not only vein and vain, but also vane. Those are kinda tricky.

And just in case, here's two, to and too as well.

T-Shirt- Yes we get it. People do spell things wrong. I spell things wrong. Who cares? We are here to talk football, not check each other's spelling and grammar. Yes, Aqua4ever has a weak argument about Daunte Culpepper, but it's worse when other people's counter argument is how they spelled this or that wrong. Give us a break. I'm not trying to be rude or mean but tell him how his argument is dumb.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well then he should show me that I'm wrong. The fact that he hasn't tells me either he can't due to lack of knowledge, or he can't because the Fins are the superior team.

Alright, the Phins are not a superior team. The reason why T-Shirt is not responding to your argument is because it is very stupid. Nobody cares about last season. I hope you know deep down inside that week 17, was just a practice game for the Pats but the Dolphins wanted to finish the season with a winning record, so think of that game as a gift from the Pats. Oh yeah, Matt Cassel, almost took the game into overtime. So I wouldn't feel too confident just yet about the Dolphins. They will get smacked around both times they play the Pats this year. The Pats are just too good compared to the Phins. I'll admit, the Phins are making great moves to improve their team, however, they are still a year away from competing with the Pats. And this 6 game winning streak that everyone is getting too hyped up about:

12 Sun, Nov 27 at Oakland W 33-21
13 Sun, Dec 4 Buffalo W 24-23
Sun, Dec 11 at San Diego W 23-21
15 Sun, Dec 18 NY Jets W 24-20
16 Sat, Dec 24 Tennessee W 24-10
17 Sun, Jan 1 at New England W 28-26

You beat 4 very bad teams and got lucky against the Chargers still high off of that emotional win against the Colts. Chargers are always choke artists at the end of the season. They seem to play their best ball in Sept.-November.
Bottom line: No way the Phins come close to contending for division title for one simple reason. The Pats have a pretty easy schedule this year compared to last year. By November the Pats will wrap up the division.

THEARCHIVES said:
Alright, the Phins are not a superior team. The reason why T-Shirt is not responding to your argument is because it is very stupid. Nobody cares about last season. I hope you know deep down inside that week 17, was just a practice game for the Pats but the Dolphins wanted to finish the season with a winning record, so think of that game as a gift from the Pats. Oh yeah, Matt Cassel, almost took the game into overtime. So I wouldn't feel too confident just yet about the Dolphins. They will get smacked around both times they play the Pats this year. The Pats are just too good compared to the Phins. I'll admit, the Phins are making great moves to improve their team, however, they are still a year away from competing with the Pats. And this 6 game winning streak that everyone is getting too hyped up about:

12 Sun, Nov 27 at Oakland W 33-21
13 Sun, Dec 4 Buffalo W 24-23
Sun, Dec 11 at San Diego W 23-21
15 Sun, Dec 18 NY Jets W 24-20
16 Sat, Dec 24 Tennessee W 24-10
17 Sun, Jan 1 at New England W 28-26

You beat 4 very bad teams and got lucky against the Chargers still high off of that emotional win against the Colts. Chargers are always choke artists at the end of the season. They seem to play their best ball in Sept.-November.
Bottom line: No way the Phins come close to contending for division title for one simple reason. The Pats have a pretty easy schedule this year compared to last year. By November the Pats will wrap up the division.

And you call my argument dumb lol. We got lucky against San Diego? Umm ok?? If we got lucky in that game, then you got very lucky the first time you played us. If not for that McMichael fumble late in the first half, we would have liekly been up 14-0 or at worst 10-0 heading into the locker rooms. But instead you guys got a field goal out of it making it a 7-3 contest. You guys won by 7 when we failed to punch it in deep in the red zone. You wanna talk about getting lucky? Look at that game my friend, which essentially was the difference in who won the division.

As for your "gift" at the end of the season. The Dolphins were beating up on your starters pretty good too as I recall. Then BB pulled them out, and don't you think that maybe took just a little bit out of the Fins sails?

You say how close our ball games were during that 6 game streak but think about this. There were 3 or 4 other games that we lost that we very easily could have won. For example, our first game against you which I already explained. Our first game against Buffalo, Frerotte had 2 INTs in the Buffalo end zone and Ronnie Brown fumbled in the red zone with under a minute to go down by 6. Thirdly, the game against Atlanta, Frerotte had 2 more turnovers in the red zone. The second one came at the Falcons 5 yard line with a minute to go trailing by 7. So with Culpepper, those 3 games are without a doubt wins!

So don't tell me my argument is dumb because the Fins are a vastly improved team and will kick the s*** out of the Pats two times this year and run away with the AFC East. You guys just don't see anything other New England Patriots football and it really scews your vision on the rest of the league/division. If you think the Fins are another year away, you're a moron!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
As for your "gift" at the end of the season. The Dolphins were beating up on your starters pretty good too as I recall. Then BB pulled them out, and don't you think that maybe took just a little bit out of the Fins sails?

It was 7-7 when he pulled the starters. That is beating up on our starters pretty good?

THEARCHIVES said:
PlMy point - K.C. should be #1. End of story! Johnson and Holmes (if he comes back) will be the best tandam in the league! Holmes can start anywhere and Johnson can start for any team.

If he comes back is the key phrase. He has what many think is a career ending injury. How can you rank a team #1 for depth that right now no one thinks will play again?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
LOL! Another bitter, vein Pats fan. If you believe that, I feel sorry for you. Also, if you believe that, you have no football knowledge whatsoever.

A vein is something that blood flows through, vain is someone who is egotistical. A knowledge of the English language come in handy.

Aqua,

What was Daunte's record has a starter last season? What was his TD / INT ratio? He is not a top 10 QB. I think you have spent too much time playing fantasy football.

How many carries did Ronnie Brown get during the winning streak? I believe Ricky Williams carried the load?

Where is Sam Madison? Gone

My take: 7 - 9 for the Fins

Aqua4Ever04 said:
And you call my argument dumb lol. We got lucky against San Diego? Umm ok?? If we got lucky in that game, then you got very lucky the first time you played us. If not for that McMichael fumble late in the first half, we would have liekly been up 14-0 or at worst 10-0 heading into the locker rooms. But instead you guys got a field goal out of it making it a 7-3 contest. You guys won by 7 when we failed to punch it in deep in the red zone. You wanna talk about getting lucky? Look at that game my friend, which essentially was the difference in who won the division.

You say how close our ball games were during that 6 game streak but think about this. There were 3 or 4 other games that we lost that we very easily could have won. For example, our first game against you which I already explained. Our first game against Buffalo, Frerotte had 2 INTs in the Buffalo end zone and Ronnie Brown fumbled in the red zone with under a minute to go down by 6. Thirdly, the game against Atlanta, Frerotte had 2 more turnovers in the red zone. The second one came at the Falcons 5 yard line with a minute to go trailing by 7. So with Culpepper, those 3 games are without a doubt wins!

So don't tell me my argument is dumb because the Fins are a vastly improved team and will kick the s*** out of the Pats two times this year and run away with the AFC East. You guys just don't see anything other New England Patriots football and it really scews your vision on the rest of the league/division. If you think the Fins are another year away, you're a moron!

Dolphins organization=Raiders organization
Why you ask? The seemed to want every freakin player available regardless of their past or age. They are rediculous to me.

hallfamebrady said:
Aqua,

What was Daunte's record has a starter last season? What was his TD / INT ratio? He is not a top 10 QB. I think you have spent too much time playing fantasy football.

How many carries did Ronnie Brown get during the winning streak? I believe Ricky Williams carried the load?

Where is Sam Madison? Gone

My take: 7 - 9 for the Fins

:rofl: Man you are funny.

Daunte had a bad year last year and ended up getting injured. That has happend before. Correy Dillon wasn't all that great last year but you guys still expect him to come back from his injury and be great again. Let's talk about Daunte's last full year. Because he had 11 wins and 39 TDs compared to just 11 INTs.

Ronnie Brown had more carries and more yards than RW did last year and he also missed the final 2 games of the year. Ronnie Brown is going to be a great runner in this league and this is the year he breaks out running behind new FB, Fred Beasly.

You are going to use Sam Madison as a key loss? Do you know how bad our secondary was last year? Do you know why Sam Madison is gone? It's because we cut him. He was horrible last year and has defintly lost a step. He's too old and we have rebuilt our secondary with youth and depth. It will be a much improved unit this season.

My take: If you think 7-9 is going to be the Fins record, you are smoking some killer week. Dolphins 11-5 Patriots 10-6 or 11-5

Aqua4Ever04 said:
:rofl: Man you are funny.

Daunte had a bad year last year and ended up getting injured. That has happend before. Correy Dillon wasn't all that great last year but you guys still expect him to come back from his injury and be great again. Let's talk about Daunte's last full year. Because he had 11 wins and 39 TDs compared to just 11 INTs.

Ronnie Brown had more carries and more yards than RW did last year and he also missed the final 2 games of the year. Ronnie Brown is going to be a great runner in this league and this is the year he breaks out running behind new FB, Fred Beasly.

You are going to use Sam Madison as a key loss? Do you know how bad our secondary was last year? Do you know why Sam Madison is gone? It's because we cut him. He was horrible last year and has defintly lost a step. He's too old and we have rebuilt our secondary with youth and depth. It will be a much improved unit this season.

My take: If you think 7-9 is going to be the Fins record, you are smoking some killer week. Dolphins 11-5 Patriots 10-6 or 11-5

Daunte with Randy Moss = good
Daunte without Randy Moss = really bad

good luck with overrated Daunte Culpepper

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well I do this almost every day on this website because there are very few of you guys who know what is going on outside of New England.

The first thing is the QB. Last year we had Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels. Those guys led us to 9 wins and they were both horrible. Frerotte was the 28th rated passer in the NFL. Do you mean to tell me that Daunte Culpepper is one of the worst 3 QBs in the league? He's not, he is a top 10 QB in this league. That right there propels us from a 9-7 record to AT LEAST 10 wins. No way we get worse this year.

Our O-line was much improved under new line coach Hudson Houck. They will continue to improve this year and we have added a new LT in L.J Shelton. He is much better than Vernon Carey or Damion McIntosh ever were.

Ronnie Brown has a year under his belt, and when he got the ball was very effective. Culpepper loves using his RBs in the passing game so expect his 32 receptions to increase big time. He also will get the bulk of the carries and will easily be a 1000 yard back this year.

Chris Chambers elevated himself to an elite status last year catching balls from 2 bums at QB. Now that he has a PRO BOWL QB, he will get even better. Marty Booker is as good a #2 WR as there is in this league. Derek Hagan was a steal in the draft and he will compete with new addition Kelly Campbell and Wes Welker for the 3 spot. Our TE Randy McMichael will also benefit from Daunte who made Jermaine Wiggins a pro bowler in Minnesota.

Our front 7 is all returning and has another year under their belts in learning Saban's defense. We were 2nd in the NFL in sacks last year.

Our secondary was not very good, it ranked 20th in the NFL but we have greatly improved that area with depth, and new starters. Will Poole was a very good corner before tearing his ACL in camp last year. He will join Will Allen and Travis Daniels to make a good CB crew. Jason Allen will start at safety with Renaldo Hill which is a much better duo than last year's TeBucky Jones and Yerimiah Bell.

Any questions? You probably didn't read this because all you care about is the stupid Pats and that's the only thing you know. But if you do read it, hopefully you realize we are going to be competitive this year.

Hudson Houck is a good coAch he is not Superman and houdini rolled up into one guy. LJ Shelton was cut by two teams who won less than six games a season with him starting. He is no improvement on what you had.

I agree that McIntosh and Carey suck.

Your other addition is a guy who Jax cut and they were looking for an OLT and had to turn around and use a second rounder to find one after their first rounder (your newcomer) B-U-S-T-E-D !

You wanted reasons why Miami is not (yet ) a good club? hows that.

BTW Saban was screwed by the previous regime. What did he have for draft picks? A #1 and three #7s? Little help there...

THEARCHIVES said:
Daunte with Randy Moss = good
Daunte without Randy Moss = really bad

good luck with overrated Daunte Culpepper

People who say that don't know anything about football, they just watch ESPN and hear it one time and think it's automatically true. I have time and time again proved that argument wrong on this site. Quick example, (see Kerry Collins improvement with Randy Moss.) Or Daunte's best year being when Moss was in and out of the line-up. Shut up, you're a clown.

AzPatsFan said:
Hudson Houck is a good coAch he is not Superman and houdini rolled up into one guy. LJ Shelton was cut by two teams who won less than six games a season with him starting. He is no improvement on what you had.

I agree that McIntosh and Carey suck.

Your other addition is a guy who Jax cut and they were looking for an OLT and had to turn around and use a second rounder to find one after their first rounder (your newcomer) B-U-S-T-E-D !

You wanted reasons why Miami is not (yet ) a good club? hows that.

BTW Saban was screwed by the previous regime. What did he have for draft picks? A #1 and three #7s? Little help there...

Well last year we were a "good" club and have gotten much better. That's my reason to believe you are wrong. All I have to say is Frerotte to Culpepper, that's enough for me.

Here are the teams with the "best overall depth." They haven't done the Top 12 teams yet, though:

1 - Panthers
2 - Seahawks
3 - Redskins

4 - Patriots

5 - Steelers
6 - Ravens
7 - Colts
8 - Giants
9 - Bengals
10 - Broncos
11 - Cardinals
12 - Falcons
13 - Dolphins
14 - Cowboys
15 - Chargers
16 - Buccaneers
17 - Bears
18 - Chiefs
19 - Jaguars
20 - Vikings
21 - Rams
22 - Saints
23 - Eagles
24 - Texans
25 - Browns
26 - Jets
27 - Packers
28 - Bills
29 - Titans
30 - Raiders
31 - Lions
32 - 49ers

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Or Daunte's best year being when Moss was in and out of the line-up.

30 of his 39 TDs came in the 11 games Moss played, only 9 in the 5 he either missed or played only a play to keep his consecutive streak going. The team was 4-1 when Moss got hurt and went 2-3 without him. Daunte threw for 242, 343, 360, 396, and 425 in those first 5 games with Moss. It was 183, 231, 169, 363, and 233 without him. Moss clearly had no impact on "Duante's best year."

We all no him not being around had no impact on Duante's 6 game 12 INT season last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye