PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why EPSN...why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, its the morning and I haven't woken up fully, but did you say they compared the Pats to the Bruins? Wha Wha WTF?

They compared the greatest franchise in sports today with the worst? Are you kidding me? What asshat ran with that angle?

Thats correct. In their glorious segment last night, they compared the Pats to the Bruins...

Journalistic excellence right there....

:banned:

I was at the gym this morning and one tv had espn on. I plugged the headphones in as it said they were going to be talking about the Pats. It went a little something like this...

Linda Cohn: "Oh by the way, the GIANTS WON the Super Bowl last year but it is the team who LOST that everyone is focusing on. The Giants are picked third in their OWN DIVISION but it is the Patriots, who LOST a chance at 19-0 who people are talking about. As we hear from Rachel Nichols, the Pats are still getting over it."

Switch to Rachel Nichols' report.

"The Patriots will try to not become another Super Bowl losing team to miss the playoffs the next year"

Cue roll-in footage of Brady, Bruschi, and Belichick ALL talking about how they are looking forward, not back. This is a new season, blah, blah, blah...

"The Patriots lost Asante Samuel this offseason. It could cripple them this year..."

Cue quote of a player saying "we've lost a lot of good players here over the years. We've always rebounded."

The contradictions continued throughout the report. It was pretty humorous. ESPN tried so hard to paint the Patriots in one light, yet all of the footage they shared showed a different view.

For the poster who said that espn has an anti-New England bias, I would agree. We all saw the lack of respect the Celtics got in the NBA playoffs until they were up 3-1 in the finals. The Red Sox are money makers for them, so they give them a break. BC and UConn sports get a raw deal from ESPN on their college football and basketball shows...Then of course you have the Pats. Back to NFL Network for me until live games start up.

Last edited:
For all intents and purposes, the Patriots ARE the NFL story right now, in both a positive and negative light. Why would anyone expect ESPN, or any other sports news outlet, to approach the upcoming season in any other way?

So tonight on ESPN they aired a segment on the Patriots 2008 Training Camp. Of course they bring up the SB loss and compare the Pats to the Bruins in how they cannot win...

Then of course, like on queue, they bring up Spygate...and the waste of that 10 month fiasco.

Then they go on to the segment of a few players giving their insight into what they are feeling and how they all have moved on....

It seems to me that ESPN will never let go of last season. I know it was hard on a lot of fans but from what I have been reading recently, we are all looking forward to this upcoming season and cannot wait to see our team kick some *****.

GO PATS....

EMBRACE THE HATE IN 08.....

Dude, you're out here claiming "embrace the hate," yet you're whining about a news station bringing up two pretty big things that happened to our team last season. Do you expect people to just totally forget about us losing the Super Bowl and getting busted in the Spygate deal? Maybe in a few years, but not the year after.

Either embrace the hate or whine about the hate, the choice is yours.

Re: Why EPSN......why...

Keep watching Fespn and keep torturing yourself.

Here's all you really need to fill your day with real Patriot / NFL news & action.

NFL NETWORK

Patriots.com

Patsfans.com

boston.com - click on sports & Patriots - see Reiss.

nfl.com

I don't know about that. Even NFLN is turning into ESPN. Have you forgotten that Rich Eisen is on that network?

I have finally given up on ESPN having any redeeming quality whatsoever. They are the Citizen Kane of sports journalism; they create the news, sensationalize it, package it, and sell it. It is actually refreshing not to watch their garbage anymore. Watching NFL Network (Marshall Faulk aside) and local coverage is about one million times more enjoyable than watching ESPN.

I'd agree on Marshall Faulk. It's amazing his attitute with Kevin Faulk as his cousin. Was Kevin nailing his girlfriends? or maybe rejecting his boyfriends.

Actually the best place for Pats stuff is right here at our humble website.

Also, the Pats website is good for linking to good articles. Then there is always Riess.

Dude, you're out here claiming "embrace the hate," yet you're whining about a news station bringing up two pretty big things that happened to our team last season. Do you expect people to just totally forget about us losing the Super Bowl and getting busted in the Spygate deal? Maybe in a few years, but not the year after.

Either embrace the hate or whine about the hate, the choice is yours.

Sir I was not trying to make a choice here. I was only trying to illustrate how ESPN has a vendetta against us and they play is constantly.

I embrace the fact that news outlets will hate us as we are in the spotlight this year.

And yes I agree that it will take many years to move on from the Spygate.

Again, I was just trying to see what fans feel about EPSN and their coverage of The Patriots Organization.

I don't know about that. Even NFLN is turning into ESPN. Have you forgotten that Rich Eisen is on that network?

Rich Eisen is awesome and a perfect host. He knows the game as well as any media person, conducts a great interview and is really funny. Marshall Faulk, now that's another story. I used to enjoy Lincoln Kennedy (Tuck bias and all) as he was a "big man in a big chair" (his chair was twice the size of everyone else's).

But for a balanced presentation of NFL news (considering who owns them) with great film clips - NFL Network is the only place to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back