PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Eagles Lose (And Pats Win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost because they were playing the Giants and not the Jets. No offense to the Jets, but they aren't as good as the Giants just yet, IMHO.

Nobody likes Brady more than me. That's why I'm gonna be honest with Brady and say 'Man, you have got to get your act together this season. It's just not your style to be playing sloppy football!'

We need more consistent offense, or any good team will be really hard to beat. The Giants could have come back on us. The Jets got nothing but Coles, and he almost killed us.

I bet Brady plays good this week, and maybe even learns the names of all his new WRs. ;)

And the Eagles do it right, personnel wise, to a point. (Willie McGinest =Hugh Douglas, sorry Willie.)

They can't seem to get RBs and WRs that get the job done without resorting to psychos like T.O..

I love Westbrook, but the writer's correct. They need a thre yards and a cloud of dust guy.

And McNab seems to be missing the guts when it counts, as talented as he is.

If they ever handled the so called "skill" positions like they do the rest of the team, they might get over the hump.

Box_O_Rocks said:

Great find, Box.

Ray Didinger is one of the best football authorities in the Northeast, if not the very best. He works with NFL Films, and with Greg Cosell on ESPN's NFL Matchup program (behind the scenes). In fact, if ESPN sh!tcanned Hoge and added Didinger and Cosell, with Jaworski and Sal Paolantonio, that would be the best 30 minutes of NFL analysis on television. Easily. He also does 5 hours, from 10-3, on Saturdays on WIP radio, with Glen Macnow (a BU grad). Terrific stuff, mostly Eagles-related, naturally; but I've called a couple of times to talk Pats' personnel, and he knows the league. What a refreshing, intelligent, objective, lucid alternative to the stale, illiterate, biased, mumbling jocks posing as "analysts."

scott99 said:
They lost because they were playing the Giants and not the Jets. No offense to the Jets, but they aren't as good as the Giants just yet, IMHO.

Did you watch the first three quarters of that game?

Philly was a stupid kick to the nuts personal foul penalty with 10 seconds on the clock away from holding on for the win in regulation. :rolleyes:

They had multiple chances to run up the score or run out the clock including an Eli INT with 8 minutes remaining and still up by 10 and they simply could not convert squat and the one time they did they fumbled. The Giants didn't win that game so much as the Eagles offense pissed it away. They do that because they are built to sink or swim on Donovan's arm, which because it is attached to a queasy gut fails them close and late.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Nobody likes Brady more than me. That's why I'm gonna be honest with Brady and say 'Man, you have got to get your act together this season. It's just not your style to be playing sloppy football!'

We need more consistent offense, or any good team will be really hard to beat. The Giants could have come back on us. The Jets got nothing but Coles, and he almost killed us.

I bet Brady plays good this week, and maybe even learns the names of all his new WRs. ;)

Some of us do respect and appreciate Brady more though...;)

I got an 8 minute drive with just over 9 to go that says they could not have. And Coles didn't come back on Brady, he came back on our DB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back