Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why don't we do it the Mossad way?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, May 20, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

I like the way the Isreali's operate in terms of terrorism. You don't read about it in the papers or see it on television. If they know someone is an operative in a terrorist cell, they silently take them out the old fashioned way.

That's the way U.S. intelligence worked in the cold war era and we never debated it because we never knew what was going on...

And what's wrong with that?
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

The ISraeli's aren't confused about who the enemy is unlike the dems who play at national security for partisan political gain, look at their hypocracy on Gitmo and Pelosi on EIT.....
  3. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Executive order prevents the US from doing that...if it wasn't overturned at some point in the last 35 or so years since it was forced on the CIA and military.
  4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

If no one knows what's going on, who cares?
  5. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Congress, the media, voters, the general public, the international community...

It would make Iran-Contra look like a day at the park compared with the powder keg that this polarized Congress would bring.
  6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

Then why doesn't any member of the "international community" complain about Mossad? I'll tell you why...it's because no one knows what they do but them. A pretty good strategy in my op.
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

If you really think we don't operate from a Mossad-type playbook I think you are seriously deluded. The idea of asking why the U.S. government doesn't do things that nobody knows they are doing seems rather contradictory. Look up the School of the Americas, for starters.

The problem with clandestine "black ops" is the significant blowback. It wreaked havoc in Latin America in the 1980s and it did nothing to stabilize the middle east. On a small scale, "taking out" hard and soft targets is something every military power in the world does in the name of security, Mossad being the most prolific because of a few high profile incidents.
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Mossad doesn't have the history of rigging elections, taking out democratically elected leaders, aligning themselves with terrorist groups du jour and arming multiple sides in a conflict. They are also much smaller in scope and more precisely aimed than the CIA. But to say nobody ever complains about mossad is supremely ignorant. You're talking about the U.S. public when you say that, not the international community.
  9. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They have gotten plenty of criticism for their actions over the years...

Adolf Eichmann's kidnapping for one. The letter bombing of those behind the Munich Olympic kidnapping/murders being another. There's the infamous Lillehamer Affair where they murdered an innocent man alongside his pregnant wife...
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

The differencing is between documented procedures and actual "field work".. personally do not have a problem with taking care of business when it needs to be done, my issue is condoning such.. sometimes things happen in the spur of the moment, but when as a society we sanction it then as a society we are complicit and co-conspirators..
  11. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now or never could mean the difference between one death in the field or three thousand deaths at home...it's a huge reason why there is a new industry for unmanned aerial vehicles that have cameras and missiles on them instead of just cameras only.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You can thank the smarmy, self-righteous, ego-maniacal, pony-tailed, dope-smoking, orgy-doing ACLU for all this. "Oh... American can't take out her enemies.... we're supposed to give EVERYONE a 'fair trial'... (except religious leaders, but I digress)". 98% of the time the ACLU works AGAINST the country they "say" they are trying to "protect". They are full of Horse manure.

//
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

You also can blame your beloved constitution.. you know the situational document that only has one amendment in your myopic view...

Your rants and raves against the ACLU are predictable.. the way to get rid of the ACLU is to honor the first amendment.

Your disgretion is noted, agenda driven and obvious. Moon did what he did, did his time and never appealed the decision of the court.. enough said... I know you will come back with your Amicus Curiae crap, but if he was so wronged why did he not appeal????
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He didn't appeal because he does not beg. Pure and simple. I know you don't understand that -- and for me it's hard to grasp -- but in the far east self-respect, honor, and not prostrating one's self are very, very important. Most important. He would rather take his punishment like a man -- even if totally innocent, which he was -- than beg like a weakling in need of mercy. Rev. Moon is at peace with himself, whether free or in prison; nobody takes that away from him.

Did you also know that when the trial was finished, and the Judge Gerhard Goettel handed down the sentence of 18 months, that the first thing Rev. Moon did was to walk right over to the little dirt-bag attorney, Martin Flumenbaum, and try to shake his hand, to show that there were no hard feelings on his (Rev. Moon's) part??? (Flumenbaum scurried away like the rodent he is.)

Rev. Moon is a far greater person than me because (among many things) he does not bear a grudge toward those who have maliciously screwed him over. Me, I'd like to cut their balls off, though I know I wouldn't, even if a part of me was screaming to. Rev. Moon's self-control is beyond anything anybody has ever seen.

But getting back to this thread's contents, I stand by my statement re the ACLU: they are a bunch of 60s type long-haired dope-smoking, self-righteous, do-gooder phony hypocrites. I'd rather have Snoop Dogg or Johnny Damon as a friend than an ACLU lawyer. Two-faced snakes.

//
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

You don't think that happens? Besides, Israel has many political prisoners (some of whom are surely terrorists), but most of them refuse to recognize Israel so therefore refuse to engage in its system of justice. Therefore, they stay in prison (and become cause celebres for those who decry Israeli human rights abuses). The same thing would happen here.
  16. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Doesn't have anything to do with the Constitution, it's politically motivated after the upheaval caused by the CIA in the instances alluded to by Wildo.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

I was responding specifically to Fogbusters thread... take what I said in the context of that response..
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Appealing is not begging, it is part of the due process in legal proceedings.. he did not appeal, because he was caught breaking the law... maybe he could have used Ronnie Deutsch..
  19. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Context beyond that has nothing to do with the discussion. He's wrong as you were wrong.
  20. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, we can thank the foul ups by the CIA for it. We can thank the military coups that lead to iron fisted rulers in Central and South America for it. We can thank decades of oppression and murders for it.

It was relevant to put the ban in place in the 70s and modify it in the 80s and 90s, but times have changed and thus the Executive Order will change.