Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why Does Western Media and France Support Roman Polanski???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Sep 28, 2009.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

France shows support for Polanski after sex crime arrest - CNN.com

There are tons of articles on most front page papers and TV shows, about Polanski. Most have a sympathetic light for him.

The guy drugged and raped a 13 year old girl, then ran away before he could be tried and sent to jail.

Someone explain to me WHY the media and France are are supporting this guy???? He should be shot in the face.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I can't really say since I'm not that up to speed on the more intricate details of the incident, if there even are any. All I've read is that he was photographing a 13 year old "model", and seduced her with booze/drugs, and then raped, and sodomized her. I guess he served 42 days in jail, or rehab, and thought he had a plea deal done, which he claims the judge renegged on. Sorry, but on the surface, 42 days of anything for rape and sodomy of a 13 year old girl seems a tad light no?

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Polanski is a jackass, he should come back and maybe Bubba can play Rosemary's baby on him...

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

If Mike Vick can get a few years jail for a dog, then Polanski deserves to have both his nuts slowly ripped out, while he's conscious, forced to eat them, and then shot in the face with a shot gun.

The fact he ran away for a few decades, doesn't make the original crime somehow less severe.

5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Anger in France and Poland after Polanski arrest | Reuters

FT.com / Europe - Sarkozy wants ?resolution? to Polanski arrest

This is complete bull****. Notice how the article even casually glosses over his crime, as merely sex with a minor. Why are they hiding the fact that he RAPED a little girl by drugging her.

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It would be good to see him back in court. I can understand France not extraditing people facing Capital punishment, but their behavior in this is inexcusable.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

He's a "hero" to many of the Far Left Wing Scumbags especially the f-cked up morons in Show Biz, the old Bag Elizabeth Taylor probably has his portrait hanging over her fireplace alongside the "Jackson Freak"

8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Here is another mainstream article:
    Lawyer: Polanski will fight extradition to the US

In NONE of these articles, do they even mention that he DRUGGED and RAPED a 13 year old girl, then ran away. They spin it in the article that he admitted to sex with a minor.

WHY are they protecting Roman Polanski??????

This is making me furious. This dirty old man is pure evil, feels no remorse for his crime, and is STILL trying to get out of any punishment.

9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

:singing: :singing:Nuke France :singing: :singing: Oh wait they have Nukes too........ Damn. :mad:

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Is it too late to order Freedom Fries? :D

Mav, I've always wondered how people could give this guy a job, and awards, knowing that he raped and sodomized a 13 year old. It's kinda messed up.

11. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Given the fact that many of these same people support Woody Allen (a pedophile who married his own adopted daughter), nothing surprises me.

However, you also have big name politicians in France and Poland now supporting Polanski now too.

WHY is there so much support for this guy? I don't give a sh*t in those articles that he had relatives in a concentration camp, is this somehow supposed to make me feel like his drugging and raping of a girl was okay? These media articles bring up Polanski's grandmother, but keep omitting the fact that he drugged and raped a girl (instead they repeatedly use the euphemism of admitting to sex with a minor).

I also find it amusing the media claims the adult woman is now fine with being raped as a kid. She settled with Polanski for a lot of money, would not be surprised if part of that settlement was that she keeps her mouth shut after that.

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Was never aware of any support in the US for Polanski, that is certainly news... personally thought he was dead...he should be expedited and put in jail.

As far as Allen goes, just another hollywood wife swapper.. another sick f..ck, no one cares about.. not sure he gets any support for what he does..

There is a divide between the average american, and the millionaire hollywood folks.. unfortunately, they get more attention than they deserve and speak for no one except themselves...

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

Woody Allen
    One of the creepiest little weasels in show biz.

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

The Europeans have different attitude towards sex than we do. The age of consent is 14 in many countries there, which of course is absurd, especially since his crime does not appear to be consensual. Perhaps because he is a Holocaust survivor and his wife was murdered by Manson followers there is more sympathy for him, but that doesn't mean he should get away with so terrible a crime. But, the differences between many European attitudes and ours are quite significant when it comes to sex, and the French tend to hold artists in high esteem and are more willing to forgive such crimes. In my opinion, it's classist and sexist of them.

15. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Now French President Sarkozy is getting into the mix pulling some strings... defending and protecting a known pedophile rapist.

16. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Here is something interesting. I just found out that Wiki had to FREEZE Polanski's page, because so many people were trying to delete / edit-out the fact that he RAPED and DRUGGED a 13 year old girl.

WHY are so many people trying to protect this pedophile rapist?

Is it because of ethnocentrism? Is it because they loved 'The Piano'?

17. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +67 / 14 / -9

Too bad he wasn't home when the Manson crew came a calling.

He would never have raped that 13 year old girl if Sexy Sadie carved him
    up.

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh man! Good point!

Like Max Smart says, "Missed it by that much!"

Sharon Tate dies but this turd lives...no justice.

19. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK have to be devil's advocate here regarding this but it's just a huge political move by the Swiss:

they give the US Polanski, they will be looking later on for the US to cut them some slack in the pressure to get the hidden Swiss bank account money. The Swiss get rid of his baggage for good and they don't lose some of their needed US money.

The Polish and French seem to think that the Sec. of State can make this all go away...how is that possible that she can interfere with a legal warrant issued by a court that is one that is usually sanctioned under internationally agreed to extradition treaties which Switzerland and the US have(US and France don't)?

20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Keep in mind that California law doesn't use the term 'statutory rape.' What the prosecutor held out for and got in the plea agreement is the California equivalent of statutory rape though.

I read in Slate magazine that 'All parties expected him to get probation' I'd track down the link and put it here, but there's not much point since they didn't source it. I don't understand how people got that idea. I can see how the prosecutor had to give up something to get Polanski to plea. The little girl would have probably had to testify to win a jury conviction and that's certainly not desirable; but for a prosecutor to plea down to probation, or for a judge to just hand it out? I don't buy that.