PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Does GOW Have To Conclude With Dungy Ball Washing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm starting to buy into the conspiracy theory that the NFL has it in for the Pats while trying to promote the Colts, I really am.

Is it just coincidence that one of the very last scenes in the Game Of The Week is that prolonged man love session between Seymour and Dungy? It is as if the NFL purposely intended for everyone to see what a wonderful guy Minister Dungy is by including an overly long clip of him telling seymour how great he is and insisting on hugging Richard and not letting go of Seymour's hand before M. Dungy drips more accolades all over King Richard (who, while appearing genuinely fond of Dungy, appears to want to get away from him) while that sour **** Belichick is already in his hate-cave sharpening his nasty teeth for the press conference.

Fine, Dungy's a sweetheart and his encounter with Seymour was part of the 'action' (um, unless Minister Dungy knew the cameras were rolling, nah...) but it sure looks like a manipulation to leave the free world with the vision of what true sportsman Dungy is and how much even opposing players like him, against the backdrop of the Pats storming back and winning the biggest game of regular season. We get only two and three second clips of the Pats celebrating and nearly zero of the Colts players congratulating the Pats, but Dungy gets a virtual expose. Kind of fishy...

At least they did show Manning shaking his hands and whining like a frustrated debutante when Addai can't get much yardage just before the play where's Manning's stripped sacked by Green and Colvin. :rocker:

Last edited:
I agree totally.

I really like Big Sey, but the clip actually made me barf a little in my mouth.

Tony Dungy = Bono

I hate bono. Media whores all. And they are such safe politically correct marshmellos.

There really is no conspiracy... just reality that is clear as day.

You people are paranoid. Some players automatically like certain coaches and vice versa. Why are you making something out of nothing? This thread has to represent the pinnacle of paranoia.

Bill does *appear* to be a sour **** most of the time, but the judgments of many people. That face not something that cameras catch by accident or surprise to be used against him. It's the way that he is. He is a poker face. You can read anything you want into a poker face, and that's why it's called poker face.

So is he actually sour behind the poker face? Some people guess yes, and that's because they don't like him. In actuality nobody knows what he's thinking. We only know that he never settles such disputes by opening up like a Herm or a **** Vermeil or a Parcells and giving you a shot of something that you can understand.

That's who he is: A social misfit when he's in a public setting. He's stunted and impaired, but he handles it his own way. His real job is coaching anyway, so WHO CARES?

Cleveland people never got that. Tough luck for Cleveland.

You people are paranoid. Some players automatically like certain coaches and vice versa. Why are you making something out of nothing? This thread has to represent the pinnacle of paranoia.

Bill does *appear* to be a sour **** most of the time, but the judgments of many people. That face not something that cameras catch by accident or surprise to be used against him. It's the way that he is. He is a poker face. You can read anything you want into a poker face, and that's why it's called poker face.

So is he actually sour behind the poker face? Some people guess yes, and that's because they don't like him. In actuality nobody knows what he's thinking. We only know that he never settles such disputes by opening up like a Herm or a **** Vermeil or a Parcells and giving you a shot of something that you can understand.

That's who he is: A social misfit when he's in a public setting. He's stunted and impaired, but he handles it his own way. His real job is coaching anyway, so WHO CARES?

I think trolls should be required to list their teams so we know with whom we're dealing.

Of course there are some who just like to troll.

I don't think he is a misfit at all. He merely has observed that it does not profit him or his team to be outgoing and give the opposition any information.

Further he understands the mediots that will grind anything he says ten different ways to Sunday, if it will give them a headline. So he gives them none. And allows neither his coaches or players to do so either. He learned his lesson in Cleveland and New York before he arrived here, among the jackals and piranha of the Boston sport writing clique.

Privately, he could not motivate or be friends with the diverse and motley crew of accomplished individuals in many other fields, if he were a disturbed individual.

You are succumbing to the long delivered propaganda of the Borgas, Felger, Shaugnessy mediots.:)

Yeah he's a social misfit. That's why he's friends with rock stars, TV Stars and the best NFL and college coaches.

So, are you a fan of the team we beat last week, or the disaster that used to be the Dolphins?

Just maybe Dungy's balls needed washing?.....:eek:

Just maybe Dungy's balls needed washing?.....:eek:

That is such a stupid term. I know it comes from golf, but it just sounds perverse.

As for Martin Luther Dungy, he sure didn't seem too upset over losing the game. He's a good loser.

I actually thought that Dungy was being really cool to the Pats guys and the scene with Big Sey was pretty touching. Tony gave Richard a nice compliment and Richard said soemthing to the effect of "I really admire you..for a lot of the other stuff" and kind of trailed off.

Remember that Richard's dad commited suicide a couple years back. Big Sey and Tony are joined by something that only they can understand, and both men handled the situation with a lot of dignity and class. It's easy to forget that these guys have lives off the fields.

Last edited:
stop making sense, Jimmy...you're gonna yank me back into reality

:)

Oh sheesh. The NFL is in this to make money and love them or hate them everyone has strong feelings about our team. There is no conspiracy here other than to try and make sure people maintain an interest in the best rivalry in football currently. So they'll talk up the Colts when they can because the Colts lost.

If anything the Colts have gotten a noticeable lack of coverage for a team that is defending champions and was undefeated.

Threads like this make us all look like we wear tin foil hats. You're reading WAY too much into this.

hey, man, I wasn't reading anything! I was watching TV! :D :rolleyes:

what the hell is a wrong with a tin foil hat???

first off...it's WATERPROOF

secondly..it reflects sunlight and is cool in the summer

but best of all...it easily converts into a handy left over carrier when you've ordered too much at your favorite restaurant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye