Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why does George Bush lie to Americans?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Mar 18, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

discuss.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

Because he is a politician.

3. Brick

Brick Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's too stubborn to admit that he has us refereeing a Civil War amongst the Savages in Iraq. And no I'm not a Liberal- I am actually a disgruntled Republican.

4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why does Mikey continue to hate America, its troops and the dead horse that he continues to beat?

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

Because he is a "Bush Hater"

6. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here is a better question-Why was it ok for Bill and Hillary to lie, you give them a free pass on that, but when Bush lies (so you claim) suddenly, your outraged?

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I guess it comes down to what you lie about. I would take Clinton lie's over Bush's anyday.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 15 / -13

Humankind lies. It's the worst problem facing us, and it may never go away. People lie about how hard they work, about how much they give, about the amount of exercise they do, the foods they eat, the hours they work, their private failings, their finances, everything. Bush, like Clinton, are simply byproducts of our society. Churn together our Judeo-Christian values, our Constitution, our media, and the American experience, and you get a dishonest culture. We all accept dishonesty on one level or another. That said, the only cultures I can think of that might be more honest are some of the Asian ones, but I'm certainly no expert.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

Two Japanese envoy's were in the White House "Lying" the sunday morning that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

Every President that has ever lived in the White House has lied, Politicians that don't lie don't even make good "Dog Catchers".

One of Hillary's ex staff said that years ago Hillary had to write everything she said down so she wouldn't forget the lies she told.

10. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought there is a big difference between Bill Clinton and George Bush.

Clinton made one lie because of a personal affair.

George Bush, on the other hand, is a pathological liar. Lying is innate to George Bush, a natural and inbred behavior just like breathing.

This propensity to lie, however, is now part of the fabric of our government and society. Whether planting fake stories in Iraq and US newspaper, or the Pentagon emballishing stories about the war in Iraq, lying is now a part of the government propaganda.

The unfortunate reality is that America has become a country of liars.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  11. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do I need to post the littany of lies Clinton has told? The Lewinski lies was just 1 lie out of hundreds he has told.

12. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

A comparison of Bush and Clinton lies would so overwhelm the Bush supporters that they would then say the liberal posters were lying, so why bother.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

My dogs better than your dog :bricks:

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +835 / 2 / -9

Among many Bush supporters it isn't "blind loyalty" for Bush it is DISGUST for the "new democrats" who are letting their "hatred" and "jealousy" destroy a once great party, it is "disgust" at their "far left liberalism" it is disgust with their lack of concern for the safety of America against a ruthless savage enemy who at the first chance they get will enter our country and kill thousands more of us, it their "disgust" with how quickly these "new democrats" have forgotten 9/11 but will constantly keep harping and wailing about a criminal with "ladies underwear" on his head or a "terrorist" not being allowed to have a lobster dinner down in Gitmo.

Bush is no great bargain but many Americans "FEEL SAFER" with Bush than they would with that Lying Traitor Kerry or the bellowing Crazy Nut Gore.

Democrats, "Stop worrying about Jesus being in the school room, stop worrying about the bogey man tapping your phone and START WORRYING about protecting your country and you will come back to power, you have turned into a "Party Of Far Left Liberal Hateful Idiots".

15. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't see how we are safer invading Iraq. There was no WMD in Iraq. Saddam had no terrorist link to Al Quaeda. So how does that make America safer?

The Iraq war is a lie.

It is not America's war, but George Bush's personal war to help out his campaign contributors from Saudi Arabia and Dubai.

16. Turd Furguson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The left does despise our military. Look at all the comments here equating them with terrorists and the fact that many of you are so vehemently against military recruiters on college campuses.

Not to mention the city of San Francisco blocking the USS Iowa from stationing there claiming its a symbol of war yada yada yada....

Need we mention how Vietnam vets were treated upon returning home from SE Asia?

Need we mention how the left got all hot and bothered when Abu Ghraib happened?

They LOVE to see the troops fail because it means Bush and America are failing and more or less, the left hates them both.

If the left had their way we'd be Denmark West.

No Military
    No Capitalism
    No Success
    No Hope
    No Values
    No Judgements
    No Right or Wrong

17. Turd Furguson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bush didnt lie.

NEM I'm curious, what exactly is your military background? If you could post that for me, I'd like to read it.

18. mikey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Turd, I thought you misrepresented our views.

We are FOR the war in Afghanistan.

We support President George Bush in terror war agains Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan.

We support President George Bush in his war against the Taliban.

However, we are AGAINST immoral and illegal Iraq war that is instigated based on lies and deceptions.

The Iraq war is not America's war, it is George Bush's private ward.

Here is a quick summary of what liberals stand for:

Liberals are FOR military.

Unlike the conservatives, liberals are FOR cutting down the deficit.

Unlike conservatives, liberals are AGAINST cutting taxes for the richest 1%

Unlike the conservatives, liberals are FOR a smaller government.

Unlike the conservatives, liberals are FOR fair trade and AGAINST sending jobs to India and China.

Unlike the conservatives, liberals are AGAINST having foreigners control our air and sea ports.

Unlike conservatives, liberals are FOR strenghtening our educational standards, our environmental policies, our social security systems, our Medicare and Medicaid system, our border security, and our immigration policy.

19. Turd Furguson

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All vague talking points. I agree with some and disagree with others as I believe they are misleading in their wording.