PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why does everyone assume Moss makes Brady great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this even matter. Team is still 1-4 and that is Moss team, right? There schedule I would be surprised if they recover. Let's see how Randy acts then.

Next year he is 1 year older. Looks more and more like coach B did the right thing.

Actually the Vikings are 1-3.

The schedule isn't brutal for the Vikings either. They play the Cowboys at the dome, an injury riddled Packers team, the Patriots (Moss will scorch), and the Bears that have had two wins handed to them (15 penalties from GB, "the catch" from Calvin Johnson)

Good thing, thats YOUR opinion. Saying Moss made Brady WORSE is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. lol Yea, they lost the super bowl because of Randy Moss and not the O-line, ****ty play calling, and defense, it was ALL because of Randy Moss. I'm pretty sure in 2007 Brady to Moss became predictable in Week 3. How did that work out again? oh yeah......

I could swear if you were to take highlights of every brady pic the last 3 years, i bet most of them are going to moss.

Fact is every dropped pass/ overt throw to moss wasted the pats a down. It at times looked like brady was forcing it to him.

Actually the Vikings are 1-3.

The schedule isn't brutal for the Vikings either. They play the Cowboys at the dome, an injury riddled Packers team, the Patriots (Moss will scorch), and the Bears that have had two wins handed to them (15 penalties from GB, "the catch" from Calvin Johnson)

Yeah, because penalties just happen in a vacuum. OTs don't hold because they're getting beat.

I could swear if you were to take highlights of every brady pic the last 3 years, i bet most of them are going to moss.

Fact is every dropped pass/ overt throw to moss wasted the pats a down. It at times looked like brady was forcing it to him.

That's how ANY player is with a favorite WR, he did the same thing with Branch, even Troy Brown every once in a while. Look at any decent QB in this league, they ALWAYS have a favorite target, which is great but there are ALWAYS going to be consequences. The GREAT thing about Randy was the possibility to catch it no matter how many people were guarding him, and no matter what defense the other team was playing. Tom and Randy had spectacular chemistry, and still do.

Brady has excelled with the long ball only 1 year of his career.

That's how ANY player is with a favorite WR, he did the same thing with Branch, even Troy Brown every once in a while. Look at any decent QB in this league, they ALWAYS have a favorite target, which is great but there are ALWAYS going to be consequences. The GREAT thing about Randy was the possibility to catch it no matter how many people were guarding him, and no matter what defense the other team was playing. Tom and Randy had spectacular chemistry, and still do.

Dude, the majority of moss's catches were TOSS ups by brady. Sometimes moss got it and the other time the defender got it.

What made brady great back then is that you never knew who his go to guy was going to be from game to game. Moss basically took that away from him and by being double covered took one side of the field away from brady.

People always forget the pats the reason they got moss was to beat the colts

Last edited:
Brady has excelled with the long ball only 1 year of his career.

Certainly TB had the most # of 40+ completions in 2007 and his second-most came in 2009. However, we can say that 2009 was overall an inconsistient one for TB the Great.

However, I would put 2004 up there as a very good year throwing the long ball. With defenses crowding the LoS b/c of CD as a threat with the run in 04 TB went deeper more finishing with 10 40+ yd gains.

Moss deserves a lot of credit for helping TB be more sucessful with the log ball, but it's not like he was a slouch throwing it from 04-06. You could argue that he didn't have the horses to throw to.

Certainly TB had the most # of 40+ completions in 2007 and his second-most came in 2009. However, we can say that 2009 was overall an inconsistient one for TB the Great.

However, I would put 2004 up there as a very good year throwing the long ball. With defenses crowding the LoS b/c of CD as a threat with the run in 04 TB went deeper more finishing with 10 40+ yd gains.

Moss deserves a lot of credit for helping TB be more sucessful with the log ball, but it's not like he was a slouch throwing it from 04-06. You could argue that he didn't have the horses to throw to.

Interesting thing about 2004 is that Brady had good success throwing 41+ but not so much 31-40.

ESPN has the splits as:

14/38 - 36.8% on passes thrown 21-30 (15/39 in 2007)
5/25 - 20% on passes thrown 31-40 (6/13 in 2007)
7/13 - 53.8% on passes thrown 41+ (7/17 in 2007)

So he was actually more successful in 2004 on 41+ yard passes, although those types of bombs are still few and far between.

I really long for the clock killing corey dillon of 04 :(

Last edited:
Interesting thing about 2004 is that Brady had good success throwing 41+ but not so much 31-40.

ESPN has the splits as:

14/38 - 36.8% on passes thrown 21-30 (15/39 in 2007)
5/25 - 20% on passes thrown 31-40 (6/13 in 2007)
7/13 - 53.8% on passes thrown 41+ (7/17 in 2007)

So he was actually more successful in 2004 on 41+ yard passes, although those types of bombs are still few and far between.

I really long for the clock killing corey dillon of 04 :(

That 31-40yds breakdown for 04 is wild. Not sure what to take away from that stat. Would have thought he would have been in the 35-40% comp area....

I never thought I'd say this but by the end of the year, I would not be suprised if BJGE and FT serve as a 1-2 clock-killing punch mixed in with the 5-7 yd outs to WW, DB and the TEs. Also like what Woodhead can do with 3-5 carries a game but I digress.

That 31-40yds breakdown for 04 is wild. Not sure what to take away from that stat. Would have thought he would have been in the 35-40% comp area....

I never thought I'd say this but by the end of the year, I would not be suprised if BJGE and FT serve as a 1-2 clock-killing punch mixed in with the 5-7 yd outs to WW, DB and the TEs. Also like what Woodhead can do with 3-5 carries a game but I digress.

Put the clock to bed, Danny Woodhead

Back to the original question asked by the OP:
Why does everyone assume Moss makes Brady great?

Who exactly is this 'everyone' that you are referring to?

The only places I can recall seeing that type of talk is on messageboards from fans of other teams, typically after an article about Brady.

They're fans of other teams, so any time something is written about a member of the Patriot organization, they disagree with it and try to find a way to refute it. If it's a positive article about Belichick, they'll say it was all luck for drafting Brady. If it's a positive article about Brady, they'll say it was all Moss. If it's a positive article about Moss, they say he's a slouch who never won a championship. If it's a positive article about Kraft, they'll say he's cheap and is nothing without Belichick. And round and round the circle of excuses go. There is zero substance and value to be found in those comment sections.

If I'm wrong with my assumption on where you got your idea for this thread, I apologize. But if I'm correct, then my best suggestion I can offer you is to always avoid the comments section of any article from national sites such as ESPN, CBS Sports, FOX Sports, Pro Football Talk, NFL.com, etc.

Th question was rhetorical to inspire contemplation on how good Brady really is and how the media and fans perceive football.

Brady wins again without Moss. Now will see how Moss does today.

there is another thread on the same subject started today. Why keep digging up old threads?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back