Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why does BSSPN insist on tying the Patriots to every malcontent??

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBruinz, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +234 / 18 / -38

#50 Jersey

Ok... So, the Patriots are now being mentioned as possible landing points for Michael Vick and Roderick Green.

I think that Myra would divorce Robert if they ever attempted to get Vick. As for Green, I've not heard anything about his court date that was the 29th of April. He's probably going to be doing community service.

Next they'll have the Pats trying to bring back John Stevens or Bruce Smith.
  2. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0

#24 Jersey

I honestly don't know why everyone hates that were mentioned with some of these players. It really is a form of flattery because they think we can get the most out of every player that we bring in and they are right. Everybody here hates ESPN so much so why bother to care what they think? PS: I cant wait for the Plaxico talk;)
  3. Schmo

Schmo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

+1 10chars
  4. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

I think it's just a case of laziness. It's a lot easier to recycle an old story based on stereotypes ("Pats willing to bring in malcontents") than it is to delve deeper (Pats willing to look past media perception of Corey Dillon and Randy Moss, and figure out if they can add value to this scheme.) Rather than analyze the Pats scheme to determine if Vick is a fit, just say the Pats need a wildcat QB becasue the Dolphins drafted Pat White, and the Pats need a vet QB to replace Matt Cassel.

The other part of the equation is that the Pats are a lightning rod; they are still the team that fans of the 31 other teams love to hate. To me past history says there is a far greater chance of these guys going to the Bengals or Raiders, but that story wouldn't generate as much web site traffic or television and radio ratings.
  5. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Much as I hate to admit it, I can see a use for VIck on the Pats.

Ugh. I can't believe I said that.

But if he is in for 7 plays a game, taking a shotgun snap moving to his (favored) left, with maroney or morris running from outside of left tackle across to Vick and the Oline blocking to the right and left guard pulling, the defense will have to prepare for a maroney/moriis/taylor run to the right, but will also need to be aware of Vick's open field ability AND the fact that he could hit a TE or WR a few yards downfield (behind the LBs as everyone forces the run.

What will this accomplish? After teh Pats do it in game one, it will require all other defenses to spend a LOT of time preparing to defend it, taking away time they normally would spend on doing Brady to Moss/Welker film.

It isn't so much what the Vick wildcat will do on the field, it is the wasted motin it will cause to teh opposing defensive planning.

And if they don't plan on ways to stop it and practice, they will be burned badly.

Hey, I'm warming to the idea.
  6. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

UGGG... The wildcat is or maybe was a short-lived gimmick that we DON'T need to emulate.

Much more importantly, any play with someone other than Tom Brady taking a snap on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down is a wasted opportunity and a mistake.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Can never see Vick playing here, happen to know a lot of dog owners who detest this dude.. it would be a PR nightmare for this or any team.. a real sideshow & distraction..
  8. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +510 / 5 / -1

I heard Clayton this weekend. He is convinced Belichick is looking to implement the Wildcat with the Patriots. That is why he has the Pats going after Vick. I seriously doubt Belichick would add the distraction of Vick so they have a guy to run a gimmick play. Apparently, Clayton doesn't agree with me.

Personally, I think if Vick was a real fit and not just a gimmick fit and there was a need, I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick at least took a look. But there is not a fit and Vick would bring more headaches than production.
  9. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:agree: Not sure how much longevity the Wildcat has. One look at its production for Miami in their first game with it vs. their second game vs. the Pats shows that teams who have prepped for it can usually stop it. Can't see the Pats using it more than 3-4 times a game at most (Edelmann?).
  10. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

News must be real slow right now for football. Hell will freeze over before the Pats sign Vick.
  11. furley

furley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's getting to the point that Patriots fans should no longer call Gillette Stadium a stadium but a rehabilitation center instead. That is to say, if you've a talented but malcontent player (or one with character issues), you admit him to the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The most renowned retirement home in the NFL. Conversely, if you're a talented player, or a good player, chances are that the national media would suggest to this player to seek admission to the Gillette Stadium. A competent facility where you can repair your image and/or rejuvenate what's left of your professional career. Admittances this year include Shawn Springs, Fred Taylor, Leigh Bodden and Joey Galloway. Despite Gillette Stadium's reputation as being the premier facility in the NFL, Jason Taylor elected instead to admit himself to Landshark Stadium.
  12. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The second i read 'clayton' i went :eek:

we don't need the wildcat. The 07 offense was more productive than 08 dolphins.
  13. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

i agree and the 08 pats with matt cassel as QB was more productive then the 08 fins lol are offense was ranked #5 in the NFL there's was ranked 12th
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  14. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

how bout O.J.?

ohh wait, he didnt do anything...
  15. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Again, you do not take the ball out of the hands of potentially the BEST QB to ever play the game...
  16. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It would be the end of my support for the Patriots. So it better not happen.

This POS should be still be locked up, as far as I'm concerned. Does he deserve a chance at a living? Oh sure. Hey, Mike, I'd like fries with that.
  17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Umm... look at the source of this info.
  18. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I wouldn't be totally against him signing here (for cheap which may be unlikely) but him taking snaps away from Brady is something I can't back in any way. We do need a backup and perhaps he could line up in a shotgun formation NEXT TO Brady.
  19. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 15 / -10

Why wouldn't Vick be a fit as a punt returner, kick returner, wildcat "QB", backup QB, RB, WR, etc, etc.
    I could find many uses for his abilities as long as they don't involve his hands anywhere near Dan Koppens backside.

I'm not saying I'm for Vick coming here, because the downside, IMO, is that he will be a malcontent if he is not the 'star QB', but if he showed up tomorrow, we certainly could find a use for him on the field.
  20. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am all for signing a player that will help win games. Vick would add another option on offense and special teams. WR, KR, TB. I would like to see this team win another championship before the window closes. If Vick would help, then sign him.

And yes I am a dog owner.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.