PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do you hate Peyton MAnning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Brady crying to the referee during the Ravens game last year when he was barely even grazed...even more pathetic, the ref threw the flag. Funny, but they created a ridiculous rule that a defensive player on the ground can't reach out and tackle the QB; because of the Brady incident. So I'd say the NFL is more tailor-made for Brady. Has Manning ever had a rule created for him?

And this isn't even mentioning the tuck rule.

The organizational philosophy of every team has had to change because of Peyton Manning. The entire philosophy of the league was changed because they wanted to "re-emphasize" illegal contact rule. Peyton Manning is the reason the league is such a pass happy league. So I'd say the NFL is more tailor-made for Manning.

How about Brady crying to the referee during the Ravens game last year when he was barely even grazed...even more pathetic, the ref threw the flag. Funny, but they created a ridiculous rule that a defensive player on the ground can't reach out and tackle the QB; because of the Brady incident. So I'd say the NFL is more tailor-made for Brady. Has Manning ever had a rule created for him?

And this isn't even mentioning the tuck rule.

If Brady hadn't moved, Suggs would've probably torn Brady's ACL. He dove right at his knees, and it was rather obvious.

As for the Brady rule, it was just a clarification of an existing rule: Brady rule: Steps taken to protect QBs' knees - The Boston Globe

A player on the ground can tackle a QB, they just can't lunge at their knees. You started this thread off with an innocuous enough post. But try not to be such a jacka**, going forward. I know, as a Jets fans, that goes against your upbringing, but it's worth a shot.

Last edited:
If Brady hadn't moved, Suggs would've probably torn Brady's ACL. He dove right at his knees, and it was rather obvious and likely, malicious.

agreed about the deliberate intent part on suggs. Goodell needs to look at those types of plays where one player deliberately tries to hurt another and make appropriate suspensions. Suggs should have been suspended for the entire year - there is simply no place in the game for that kind of behavior.

Last edited:
I don't hate him at all. I think that he and Brady have the greatest QB rivalry ever. Watching those two out there against each other is football Nirvana.
This is this generations Russell - Chamberlain and mark my words there will be a time when we will look back on this rivalry and miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back