PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do you hate Peyton MAnning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't hate Manning, although I dislike him. I certainly respect him and what he has accomplished. Can't say I feel the same about anyone in the New Jersey Green Beans organization. They all suck.

"Cause he takes too damn long to snap the ball

How about Brady crying to the referee during the Ravens game last year when he was barely even grazed...even more pathetic, the ref threw the flag. Funny, but they created a ridiculous rule that a defensive player on the ground can't reach out and tackle the QB; because of the Brady incident. So I'd say the NFL is more tailor-made for Brady. Has Manning ever had a rule created for him?

And this isn't even mentioning the tuck rule.

You are so ******* stupid. The rule is for everyone kiddo, not just Brady. TB calls for a flag ONE TIME and he is a "cry baby" in the eyes of jealous tards across the NFL.

The tuck rule IS A ******* RULE IN THE RULE BOOK.

go drink some bleach and leave this thread.

I don't think I'm the only but I don't hate him at all, I respect him as a QB, he is definitely one of the best QB of all time. And I really like his commercials!

I just like Brady more that's all! :)

Good post, esp. the last paragraph. That's what I always thought, there's no reason to actually "hate" PM.
I think the answers to your question have pretty much been answered already.

However as a follow-up, now here's a question for you:

Why do Jet fans hate Tom Brady?

Let's see...

1. Was surely behind Bill Polian having the pass interference rules changed to make things more conducive to his passing offense after losing in 2003 to us.

2. Is the quarterback of the Colts.

3. Is the media's golden boy who can do no wrong while Brady is a pariah.

4. Has thrown various teammates under the bus both on and off the field to the media, most recently Reggie Wayne and gets a pass because of said reason #3.

5. Is 9-9 in the playoffs, yet is generally considered the best QB in the game today (wrong) and one of the top three all-time (wrong).

6. Because he seems to be universally liked due to the newfound Fantasy Football mentality where FF nerds cream their pants over the guy.
this.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

This is kind of a dumb thread. One word... Rivalry. What do A-rod, Kobe, Lebron, LT mean to you? I hate them, not because of performance, because the team they play on.

Only exception in my book is derek Jeter. He has class, doesn't talk s*** and plays hard every day. I respect him more than anyone.

Im one of the few Patsfans to actually defend Manning most of the time.

Im one of the few Patsfans to actually defend Manning most of the time.

yeah..you'd probably pick Gomer over Barney Fife too...:D

gomer_barney.jpg

Last edited:
Before I answer. Let me just say, Peyton Manning is a great QB. Not just thrower of the football, but a master of the tiny nuances of the position. Line Calls, Quick reads, shifts the offense to create mismatches, hard counts, switching tempo, pump fakes, on, and on, and on.....

BUT

When I ponder this question as a Patriots fan, the word HATE isn't the word that pops for me. I think it's ANNOYANCE.

See the thing is, all the things above I knowingly, and yes, begrudgingly praise about Manning........Tom Brady does it too. And with more team success I might add.

Manning has alot of individual success, which is nice. Plus ,I might add, his whole career he's been surrounded (wisely) with alot of 1st round talent to play with. He puts up nice aesthetic numbers,and highlights through a 16 game season.

Postseason however? He's an average QB. I have numbers (9-9) to back it up. I know some would whine about his poor maligned defense, and how they were the reason for his marginal success. Which is laughable because they don't seem to be crying about that maligned defense being put on a short field because of a killer pick. Weird. (Plus, wasn't Tony Dungy supposed to be some defensive wizard in his own right?)

No matter how long the regular season is, it's nothing more then an appetizer for playoffs. I mean, you enjoy it, but your really looking forward to that steak. Thats where the real satisfaction is!

That doesn't get enough attention. My opinion.

( You know, just thinking about it. Since I'm sticking to that bad food analogy, I guess the media likes tapas. )

Which brings me to the root of my ANNOYANCE.

PERCEPTION.

Basicly, the media. As alot of others have mentioned. They treat him with kid gloves. Aggravates me.

I don't think any other fan base can understand either, cause they don't have a dog in this fight. (Calm down Vick!)

Brady's never blamed a teammate for a loss. Never. And if he did go off on a tangent about the OL after Super Bowl 42, who wouldn't have agreed with him? Nope took the high road.

Manning throws his offensive line under the bus after every big loss, pretty much. Even gets his GM to back the bus up for him after, help hide every evidence of accountability, or at least misdirect it. Admirable.

And did the jETs fan say something about rule changes? LOL!

Polian re-emphasized defense out of the NFL, which was interesting since that happened to play in perfectly to his teams strength. Weird.

Don't believe me? How many QB's threw for 4,000 yards this past year? And how many times in history has it happened? Again, weird.

Hell, the Colts went to the Super Bowl this past year, with what I think was the 31st ranked rushing defense. Some say impressive, I say pathetic. The passing games to wide open, the defenders are, well, defenseless against a rhythm passing game now, without quick pressure from the front line.

Would you agree that is a slightly bigger advantage then a re-emphasis on a lunging low at a QB's knees rule? I would say so, but it doesn't seem to generate much outrage. Weird.

Complaining for calls? That is a total show your azz bias if you buy that. Manning.........No, I'm taking this further. Every QB, WR, OL, TE, DL,LB,DB, Coach, assistent coach, assistent to the assistent coach, and ballboy complain for calls. Manning does it as much as most, and gets some too. You really can't argue that. And the rate of momentum crushing PI's the Colts get is sick. You can set you watch to it, if there down. Sure the Pats get some too, but not at the Colts pace, and not as frequently crushing as they get. Anybody wants to call me out on that claim, I urge you to merely watch the last 4 years the Patriots played them before you call me a liar. If you had a shred of objectivity you wouldn't.

The kicker for me, was the disingenuous opinion of both Brady and Manning's aversion to congratulating the champs.

One was classless, unprofessional, and a poor sport.

The other was, well, knowingly disappointed, and heck he'll call them when he thinks it's convenient. No biggie.

Weird.

I didn't think that this really deserved its own thread, so I'm putting it here... it is related to the topic at hand.

NFL training camps are opening across the nation, so Page 2 invites you to take our "braining camp" quiz. - ESPN

That link is to a football quiz on ESPN's Page 2... scroll down to Question #6, which is about passer ratings, and note the number on the shirt of the guy who's holding the sign that says 158.3 (which is a perfect score), and the number on the shirt of the guy who's holding the 157 sign. Is it just me, or does anybody else think that that's more than a coincidence?

Last edited:
How about Brady crying to the referee during the Ravens game last year when he was barely even grazed...even more pathetic, the ref threw the flag. Funny, but they created a ridiculous rule that a defensive player on the ground can't reach out and tackle the QB; because of the Brady incident. So I'd say the NFL is more tailor-made for Brady. Has Manning ever had a rule created for him?
Yes. The "revised emphasis" on defensive holding came about specifically because of the whining of Peyton Manning and Polian.

Every single player in the NFL lobbies referees for flags. If this is the best you can come up with to criticize Brady, then that proves how weak your case is.

Peyton Manning is arguably the greatest regular season QB that ever played the game. He's the top pick of my fantasy team if available.

But if we're talking about the playoffs? Well, there's about 8-10 guys currently in the NFL right now I would rather have, and far more than that all time.

Last edited:
I think manning is a great player....crappy demeanor, though.....spent year throwing his arms around like a little kid who just got wrongly punished every time he threw a pick to ty law or rodney harrison. don't like him for throwing his team under the bus. don't like him for sticking his arse in the face of a trainer at UT.....

the mannings are a family of jerks. there's no feel good story behind it, either.

it didn't help that he had polian and dungy in the staff, either....if it was still jim mora sr, it would have been alot more fun to watch

Last edited:

And this isn't even mentioning the tuck rule.

Let's clarifiy. This board is about AMERICAN football. Not soccer.

You can at least pretend to understand the game if you want to appear knowledgeable about the NFL... that the Tuck Rule remains unchanged to this day... and the BIG difference between hamming it up for the Refs and a QB stabbing teammates in the back.

That being said, I don't hate Peyton Manning. He's just another QB who has a paltry one SB ring on his finger. Somewhat irrelevant like Joe Namath (1969 - the last time the Jets one anything) and might get some notoriety if he gets drunk and obnoxious on TV in the future.

My main reason for hating him is for the way he has played against the Patriots. And I just don't like the Colts.

But I will never deny that he is a fantastic QB, but wonders what he would be like with bad receivers!

Oh... and he looks weird!

When I ponder this question as a Patriots fan, the word HATE isn't the word that pops for me. I think it's ANNOYANCE.

etc

etc

Wow, what he said. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey