PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do the local media talk about Addai like he is an elite RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Listening to both stations this week, I hear them talk about Joseph Addai as if he is a RB who rushes for 1,500 yards and 15 TDs every season. It seems like they stopped following the NFL midseason of 2007.

The fact of the matter is since the Pats played the Colts in November in 2007, the guy has had one 100 rushing game (Maroney has had 5 even with missing most of last season). The guy has never rushed for 1,100 yards in a season. He has averaged 3.4 YPC this year and 3.5 YPC last year. He has 52 yards more yards rushing than Maroney, but has rushed 35 more times than Maroney has. The guy is not that good and the Colts are so high on them that they drafted Donald Brown in the first round.

If you ask a lot of guys in the local media if they would rather have Addai or Maroney, they would fall over laughing saying Addai and it isn't even close because Addai is an elite RB and Maroney isn't. I just don't get it. Addai has been effective in the passing game for the Colts this year, but he is a mediocre RB and Maroney is have a far better season than he is.

You couldn't be more wrong. The Colts fanbase is extremely frustrated with Addai's performance. Donald Brown has become the local fave.

Addai is still an effective receiving back but that's about it. I can only imagine if Maroney had his YPC the past two years. Addai is becoming a poor man's Kevin Faulk.

You couldn't be more wrong. The Colts fanbase is extremely frustrated with Addai's performance. Donald Brown has become the local fave.

I am talking about the local Boston media, not Colts fans. I know many of the Colts fans are like Maroney bashers on this board.

Last edited:

He's talking about the local media in New England.

EDIT: Whoops too late

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back