PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do so many people still consider Baltimore to be an elite team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixit

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
That offense is downright offensive, and it's not going to get any better. NE will roll that team. They may or may not leave them enough for cab fare, depending on Belichick's mood.

I don't consider them an elite team - if you can't score you can't win - but I do respect their physical play and it concerns me for playing Pittsburgh the following week after a short week on the road.

I don't think anyone is bro.

I don't think anyone is bro.

We must be watching different channels and stuff. Everywhere I look, someone is talking about how Baltimore is one of three or four big "TEST!!!" games on the schedule.

When thier defense is on its game they can be very tough to score on - It will depend on how the defense reacts to the offensive plays we will throw at them and pressure on Brady will be key.

Even though their offense is not very good they can still win games like 17-14 or so,It won't be so easy to win at Balt in prime time IMO,Even though the Pats are the better team and should win that game.

Last edited:
I think they're living purely off reputation at this point. That and the idea that Billick is supposed to be some sort of wizard. They have stunk all season.

The tide is turning in this league. Defense may still win championships, but that's moot if it doesn't get you into the playoffs. Offense is more important than ever

I agree w/most all of this--they've been running on reputation for awhile now......they're a loudmouth kind of team, which still fools some people.

Look, being well aware that anything can happen, and injuries can always derail things, I honestly believe the Pats have ONE real test on their schedule, and that's the Colts.

They're dangerous if their defense starts to score.

We must be watching different channels and stuff. Everywhere I look, someone is talking about how Baltimore is one of three or four big "TEST!!!" games on the schedule.

I agree 100%... Leading up to this season most of the experts thought they were an elite team... Most still think that they are still dominate on defense... I don't think so based on their performance so far... But week-to-week, you never know.

Regular Season Schedule & Results

1 Mon, Sep 10 at Cincinnati L 20-27
2 Sun, Sep 16 NY Jets W 20-13
3 Sun, Sep 23 Arizona W 26-23
4 Sun, Sep 30 at Cleveland L 13-27
5 Sun, Oct 7 at San Francisco W 9-7
6 Sun, Oct 14 St. Louis W 22-3 -9
7 Sun, Oct 21 at Buffalo L 14-19

4-3

Wins: Jets, Arizona, S.F. and St. Louis Combined 6-21

Loses: Cincy, Cleveland and Buffalo Combined 7-11

Total records of opposing teams 13 - 32.

They should be 7-0 if they were a elite team.

Pts for 124 Pts against 119.... very average

Their three losses are to the Bengals, Browns and Bills. Two of these teams, the Browns and Bengals have top 10 offenses based on yards per game, and the Ravens vaunted defense couldn't stop them. These teams are at the bottom of the league for defense and the Ravens still couldn't score enough to win.
Of the Raven's wins, San Fran, St. Louis and NY Jets are 3 of the bottom 4 teams for offense in the league. So the Ravens great defense really wasn't working that hard to stop those powerhouse teams. Interesting that the fourth is the Bills.

Net net, the Ravens defense hasn't really stopped anybody that is good, and even when their defense does stop somebody, their offense can't score enough to win.

That offense is downright offensive, and it's not going to get any better. NE will roll that team. They may or may not leave them enough for cab fare, depending on Belichick's mood.

No idea. The O is pathetic and the D has taken a step back.

How about why do so many people still consider Carson Palmer to be an elite QB? The guy is throwing to Ocho Cinco and Housh for crying out loud.

They will not make the playoffs. I told me boss( he's from Buffalo) on Friday if the Bills put up 20 pts they should win and they did.
No way we score less than 27-30 if they play a unbelievable game on defense and that will be more than enough to beat them.

I've had the same opinion of the Ravens for a little while now. Yea, every game could end up being a tough one, but why have people circled that game as one of the expected tough matchups for NE?

The Patriots under BB have actually been quite successful against the Ravens style of defense. I also don't believe that Ravens D is at it's previous level.

Last edited:
That term no longer fits. After seven games you pretty much can call a dog a dog unless somebody finds some pep pills over there.

I also don't believe that Ravens D is at it's previous level.

The Ravens are a bit like the Bears, with the once-great defense and suspect offense.

Edit: HEY THIS IS MY 2000th POST!

Last edited:
The Patriots could have beat them last year. It was funny how Billick was mad that nobody was projecting the Ravens to be as good as the Chargers or the Patriots. Yeah the chargers have underperformed but the talent is still there. Baltimore's defense isn't what it used to be and the offense hasn't been all that good for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes