PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do players like and want to play for Sexy Rexy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
coach who runs a loose locker room and wins games? Who wouldn't want to play for him? As somebody already said, if the Pats had won the SB this year and the Jets were a bad team these numbers would be totally different.

I read a recent poll that like 40+ % rookies want to play for Rex and the Jets.

That's a mind boggling number.I personally don't get it. As a rookie my own personal choice would easily be BB considering his history of success,professionalism and no nonsense approach. What better way to evolve as a player than under his tutoring?

Rex and Jets have had a great run these 2 years but BB has been doing it for a decade...Do players just want the paycheck and be in the kind of environment the Jets have about business? Instead of being in a franchise that is considered the model for success in the NFL?

EDIT: Damn,wrong forum.Can this be moved to the main one?

What poll? Who took it? How were the questions asked? When was it taken?

Those things would all influence the results.

For example, if you just ask "Would you want to play for Rex Ryan and the Jets?", I think you'd get a lot of positive answers; he's a likable guy to a lot of people (certainly not NEP fans) and, say what we will, he has gotten results these last two seasons, winning four more Playoff games than have the Pats and having his team in a Championship Game both years.

I also think you'd get a lot of positive answers if you asked, "Would you want to play for Bill Belichick and the Patriots?"

I think you'd get another set of answers altogether if you listed the Jets, Packers, Patriots, Saints and Steelers with their coaches and QB's and asked players to pick the team for which they'd like to play...the Sanchize and Ryan vs. Rodgers and McCarthy vs. Brady and Belichick vs. Brees and Payton vs. Roethlisberger and Tomlin.

Why would a young, aggressive, likely immature, testosterone laden male with seriously significant spending money want to play for the NY Jets?

1. JETS have been winning & in the national limelight with their AFCG appearances
2. NY is THE media center, good for entertainment careers
3. NYC is a fun place to play as a young carefree millionaire
4. Coach emphasizes having fun vs working 18/6
5. NY Jet players are allowed and even encouraged to spout off and act out

And as long as Rex gets them deep in the playoffs most seasons and knocks Belichick's block off one or two times a year, it will stay that way...

He's a players coach and has been successful doing it. Has he won a Super Bowl? No. But he's taken his team deep into the playoffs the first two years he's been there with what has been one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL. Also, it doesn't help that he's the coach of a contending team hailing out of New York.

Why.

It's like riding a Harley, if you have to explain it then they wouldn't understand any way.

Ryan=wining

Ryan=fun

Ryan=protects

Ryan=makes his scheme fit your best talents

Good to see you again. Yeah, and I think we Pats fans have to accept the fact that the Pats have handed Ryan a much bigger stage than he would have had if we been able to win a single, goddam Playoff game these last two years, let alone losing last year at home to his guys.

I read a recent poll that like 40+ % rookies want to play for Rex and the Jets.

That's a mind boggling number.I personally don't get it. As a rookie my own personal choice would easily be BB considering his history of success,professionalism and no nonsense approach. What better way to evolve as a player than under his tutoring?

Rex and Jets have had a great run these 2 years but BB has been doing it for a decade...Do players just want the paycheck and be in the kind of environment the Jets have about business? Instead of being in a franchise that is considered the model for success in the NFL?

EDIT: Damn,wrong forum.Can this be moved to the main one?

Rex is considered a players' coach and he's got a respectable number of wins under his considerable belt. That's the perfect blend for most players.

It looks great to them in theory, compared to harda$$ coaches like Parcells and Belichick - but once players find out that playing for a "Players' Coach" can go bad real quick as it did with Pete Carroll, who ultimately lost the players respect, and his job.

Things can go bad quick for a team like the Jets that's levered immediate near success for the future health of a team. When the team stops winning the players are going to get tired of Ryan's schtick pretty quickly.

Another reason...hate to say it...but Ryan has conquered Belichick lately more often than any other and when you beat the best you will have players who want to join in and beat him too.....its called 'Bragging Rights'

Because 40% of NFL rookies have criminal records.

DUI? Assault? Domestic abuse? Is the law after you? Owe child support?

Welcome to the NY Jets. We want you!

Sexy Rexy has the best team buffets, and if you play really well will let you "stick a big one in all 3 holes" of his wife.

Rex lets his players talk, has fun with them, and they make it deep into the playoffs. Most players would enjoy playing for that team, on the basis of its recent playoff record alone.

Another reason...hate to say it...but Ryan has conquered Belichick lately more often than any other and when you beat the best you will have players who want to join in and beat him too.....its called 'Bragging Rights'

During the period in which the Patriots won 3 SBs in 4 years, they had a 5-5 record against the Dolphins. Dave Wannstedt won his fair share against Belichick.

Because they are 20-23 year old kids. They much rather play for:

a) A cool, ****-talking, fun coach who nontheless has been successful with his team (let's give him this: he took the Jets to two consecutive AFCCGs)
b) He coaches in NY, which must be the 2nd or 3rd funnest city to play in, behind Miami and San Diego.
c) He's a defensive genius whose defenses have thrived in the past years, so most defenders would like to play for him.
d) Because of Hard Knocks, they have better "marketing" than other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes