PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do people love Manning but hate Brady so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite simple for me. I'm A Dolphins fan, I hate Tom Brady because the Patriots are a dynasty and the Dolphins suck. Yes jealously if you will but I also hated Jim Kelly back in the 90's just as much if not more because he was actually beating pretty good Miami teams that had a chance as opposed to the crappy Miami teams that Brady is beating (not every time though LOL). I could care less about Manning because the Colts are not a rival of Miami although it was heating up when the Colts were in the East but Miami owned them anyways.

I would think that most people don't know about Manning's sexual harassment suits and it is not in the best interest of ESPN or the NFL to bring it up.

Manning actually had charges brought up against him for that incident, correct? Daddy did his best 'sweep' under the rug campaign and it worked (of course!).

One guy has his own charity and has an NFL Man of the Year award thanks to his efforts, and the other guy doesn't.

it's pretty simple, petty jealousy. one guy has everything, superbowls, supermodels and superlooks, the other guy is gomer pyle. who do you think is going to be hated by the sheep.

Peyton Manning has a 100 million dollar contract, but I heard he only tips 10% in restaurants

One guy has his own charity and has an NFL Man of the Year award thanks to his efforts, and the other guy doesn't.

I bet the woman he harassed doesn't think he is the man of the year.

everyone loves brady and hates manning, that is in NH anyway

He mooned a trainer when he was in college. It was a dumb thing to do but he was also 19 years old. That's certainly not where I peaked in terms of maturity and I would hope when I'm in my 30s I'm not still being judged based on dumb stuff I did as a teenager, and I bet a lot of people on this board would feel the same way. I apologize though, I thought the creator of this thread wanted serious responses, I didn't realize it was a praise Brady/bash Manning thread, sorry for interrupting.

It went beyond harrassment. Putting your genitals on a trainer's face is sexual assault.

I may be mistaken.

But putting genitals on a woman's face is a little different than making crude comments to an employee.

He mooned a trainer when he was in college. It was a dumb thing to do but he was also 19 years old. That's certainly not where I peaked in terms of maturity and I would hope when I'm in my 30s I'm not still being judged based on dumb stuff I did as a teenager, and I bet a lot of people on this board would feel the same way. I apologize though, I thought the creator of this thread wanted serious responses, I didn't realize it was a praise Brady/bash Manning thread, sorry for interrupting.

He didn't moon a trainer. He put his balls on her face.

You Pats fans need to stop rationalizing the hate for Brady with dumb excuses. Did someone actually steal a line from a shampoo commercial and say non-Pats fans hate Brady because he's beautiful? That's almost as laughable as Alex Rodriguez saying people hate him because he's rich, pretty and biracial (unlike Jeter who is actually biracial and liked). First of all, no guy is talking football with women much less about Brady's attractiveness. The only people gushing over Brady are male Pats fans with their man love. :p

I don't hate Brady, but I can see why fans of other teams do. Mostly, it's guilt by association. Pats are detestable because of Belichick even before the spying scandal. Secondly, it's the man love and tremendous coverage Brady gets from the media like ESPN and FOX/CBS analysts. Jeter gets that poster boy status for baseball, and he's not even as big a part of the machine as Brady is for the Pats. I also think that even though Brady is one of the best QBs right now, but he has 10 seconds in the pocket to throw!!! Then he has Moss who signs for pennies. The Emperor has no clothes! It's okay to say that now after the SB exposed him. :) Thirdly, he ran up the score on the Redskins and other teams this year. When Peyton had his 49 TD year, I remember Dungy benching Manning as early as the 4th quarter when the Colts had a comfortable lead. Belichick had the Pats going for it on 4th down and up by 20. :rolleyes: Dallas used to do that under classless JJ too.

You're a know nothing. Manning played MORE minutes that year than Brady did this year. And he rolled up the score in plenty of games when up by three touchdowns. We had a thread here that showed a game by game comparison.

Shows how valid your entire post is when you get basic facts wrong.

Wow, as early as the 4th quarter! As opposed to the fifth quarter, right?

Peyton's 49 TD year was full of garbage-time TDs. Brady sat out a bunch of 4th quarters last year. Overall they probably threw about as many junk TDs. You're as clueless as your username is stupid. I'm assuming ugly, too.

ROFL, on that last line!

People love Manning cause he is a country bumpkin with a rather droll personality. Brady is hated, a euphemism for fear, because he's a killer and handsome to boot. Give him the ball at the end of a game and you're dead meat. Except for one notable game against the Gints.

But putting genitals on a woman's face is a little different than making crude comments to an employee.

Some of us simply call it "love".

It went beyond harrassment. Putting your genitals on a trainer's face is sexual assault.

I may be mistaken.

Uhmmm... whoa

Attachments

• shirt_teabag.jpg
    shirt_teabag.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 132
For some reason it is just natural that we root for the underdog to win, and when that person achieves too much success he gains celebrity status the media/public want to bring him down.

Mooning incident? Not quite. And if it was a "dumb thing to do when he was 19" I would at least hope for him to feel remorse afterwards, but from the following article (2003), seems to me that the only thing he cares about is public perception.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

Manning and his father, as well as their ghost author, John Underwood, and publisher, HarperCollins, were sued for defamation in May 2002 by Jamie Ann Naughright, a former Tennessee assistant trainer. She claims that Manning's characterization of her in the book as having a "vulgar mouth" is false and cost her a subsequent job. In pursuing that claim, she has challenged Manning's version of what he called "the 'mooning' incident," alleging a more offensive act occurred. She also has raised questions about the conduct of Tennessee's associate head trainer at the time, who has said he was the first to term the incident a "mooning."

Court documents raise questions about Manning's veracity. In denying Manning's request for dismissal, Polk County Circuit Judge Harvey A. Kornstein wrote, in part: "Even if the plaintiff is a public figure, the evidence of record contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the court that a genuine issue of material fact exists that would allow a jury to find, by clear and convincing evidence, the existence of actual malice of the part of the defendants. ...

"Specifically, there is evidence of record, substantial enough to suggest that the defendants knew that the passages in question were false, or acted in reckless disregard of their falsity. There is evidence of record to suggest that there were obvious reasons to doubt the veracity of Peyton Manning's account of the incident in question. The court further finds that there is sufficient evidence to permit the conclusion that the defendants entertained serious doubts as to the truth of the passages in this case."

Manning claimed in his book that, while in the training room, in response to a track athlete who made a remark, Manning dropped his shorts to moon the athlete. "I did it thinking the trainer wasn't where she would see. ... Even when she did, it seemed like something she'd have laughed at, considering the environment, or shrugged off as harmless. Crude maybe, but harmless."

Naughright and her lawyer provided a different version of events. In a court filing, her lawyer wrote that she was examining Manning to see why Manning was having pain in one of his feet and was crouched behind him when "entirely unprovoked, Peyton Manning decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright's head and face."

As Naughright described it in a deposition entered into the court record: "It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up. ... To get leverage, I took my head out to push him up and off."

The court record includes a letter to Manning from former Tennessee cross country runner Malcolm Saxon, who Manning said was the intended target of the mooning. Written in December 2002, the letter reads, in part: "Bro, you have tons of class, but you have shown no mercy or grace to this lady who was on her knees seeing if you had a stress fracture. ...

"She was minding her own business when your book came out. Peyton, the way I see it, at this point, you are going to take a hit either way, if you settle out of court or if it goes to court. You might as well maintain some dignity and admit to what happened. ... Your celebrity doesn't mean you can treat folks that way. ... Do the right thing here."

In a court filing, Naughright's lawyer says his client reported the incident within hours to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville.

According to a filing by Naughright's lawyer, Manning at first didn't call the incident a "mooning." The lawyer wrote that Manning "denied" that anything had occurred between him and Naughright. An associate trainer, Mike Rollo, was never a witness to the incident, but he got involved because he tried to intervene to help Manning come up with a story.

Naughright agreed in August 1997 to leave Tennessee as part of a settlement related in part to the 1996 incident.

Downplaying a sexual assault incident to the point of denial, or even downplaying it into something trivial shows me how much remorse he truly feels over the incident. What a great guy... :rolleyes:

Btw, just wanted to point out to all the clueless ignorant people who claim Tom does no/barely any charity work, that they are greatly mistaken. Just because he doesn't seek the publicity from it doesn't mean he hasn't given his share to charity or even as much as Manning.

Here is just a tiny bit of what he's done for those who obviously don't know:

http://www.askmen.com/specials/2006_top_49/tom-brady-39.html

Although Tom doesn’t have his own charity, he has contributed to those of his teammates, such as Lawyer Milloy, Joe Andruzzi and Lonie Paxton’s Active Force Foundation, which engineers, designs and provides adaptive sports equipment to people with physical disabilities. In addition to working with the Starlight Children’s Foundation of New England, Tom is the two-millionth member of the ONE Campaign -- an international movement to make poverty history and dedicated to encouraging Americans to lobby Congress for a 1% budget increase in humanitarian aid to the developing world.

As well as visiting Africa as part of that ONE Campaign.

http://www.hollyscoop.com/gisele-bundchen/tom-brady-fights-poverty-in-africa_10528.aspx

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen's man and New England Patriot, Tom Brady went on a eight day trip to Ghana and Uganda organized by DATA (debt AIDS trade Africa) and ONE.org.

The football player visited health clinics, schools and other projects in support to fight extreme poverty and AIDS in Africa. Tom admitted that his trip was a true "eye-opener."

"I saw the best and brightest of the human spirit in the face of incredible poverty that most of us just can't comprehend," he says. "I've learned that we as Americans, living in the greatest country in the world, can save innocent lives ravaged by AIDS with something as small as a 25 cent pill. When you see what can be done, it's impossible to not be driven to do more -- the needs are still overwhelming. This won't be my last visit to Africa and I hope to pass along what I've learned here to others who will listen."

Last edited:
I love the other team's fans who come on here and complain about the Tom Brady love that goes on at a Patriots Fan page. I think that this is a fun thread, it's funny and entertaining. Take it for what it is and stop complaining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back