PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do people love Manning but hate Brady so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does commercials ... he's like average Joe .... Brady does have a bit of a pompous side to him ... not in a bad way ... just that he does not project as an average Joe ... only to his teamates, not the public.

===================================

Pompous in a good way.:D

Peyton was funnier then Tom on SNL.

===================================

Pompous in a good way.:D

Peyton was funnier then Tom on SNL.

I didn't think so. The funniest bit was def sexual harassment.

================================

Honestly the more I think about it Peyton comes across as what you see is what you get type of guy.

Whereas Tom seems like he has a secret.

I like them both equally, there both great QBs and seem like decent folks.

I don't care for either of the Mannings - I would always pull for Brady.

Because he's good looking, has the hottest girlfriend on the planet, and already has won 3 superbowl wins as well as a league MVP? Dunno jealousy is an ugly thing. As for Peyton, I suppose people relate to him better since he looks like a Goober and does not seem to have such a flashy social life. I could never bring myself to like a Manning though. That family thinks they are so privileged and elite. Unfortunately that just happens to be true now, each brother has one SB ring. That last sentence made me want to gag in disgust.

One of my favorite sketches ever.

But Manning's United Way sketch was brilliant, too.

He does commercials ... he's like average Joe .... Brady does have a bit of a pompous side to him ... not in a bad way ... just that he does not project as an average Joe ... only to his teamates, not the public.

Average Joe? Really? Didn't Peyton and Eli grew up in a upper middle class neighborhood and went to one of the best private schools in Louisiana? How can the average dude relate to that?:confused:

Average Joe? Really? Didn't Peyton and Eli grew up in a upper middle class neighborhood and went to one of the best private schools in Louisiana? How can the average dude relate to that?:confused:

Upper middle class in Louisiana is a house with extra fat tires.

The best private schools in Louisiana graduate kids after the 5th grade.

I am totally joking.

Upper middle class in Louisiana is a house with extra fat tires.

The best private schools in Louisiana graduate kids after the 5th grade.

I am totally joking.

:rofl:

I'm from the South myself but that's funny.

But on a serious note I just find it odd that the Mannings could be seen as average Joes even though many people are aware of their backgrounds. I guess that shows how powerful media images can be.

The difference is one is in the limelight alot more so people grow some kind of relationship like a tv sitcom character. In my opinion that is manning and brady hides from the limelight so people associate that with he is hiding something. And i would not say the mannings growing up were any different than bradys where is brady from thats right San Mateo CA. Let me see any of you on here buy a house in the San Francisco suburbs you couldn't. Unless you make like 200k a year or better just look up real estate in S.F. a 1 bedroom apartment is like 3,500 a month. If that is not well off i don't know what is so this just makes them pretty equal in my book. I think most people disliked and wanted brady to lose because the same results get old and repetitive. What if you ate chicken everyday for 3 years you would want something different.

But on a serious note I just find it odd that the Mannings could be seen as average Joes even though many people are aware of their backgrounds. I guess that shows how powerful media images can be.

It's just their dispositions. They seem like good ole boys who would wear Levis. Brady is a combination of left coaster + northeast urbanite whose jeans cost more than your car.

The difference is one is in the limelight alot more so people grow some kind of relationship like a tv sitcom character. In my opinion that is manning and brady hides from the limelight so people associate that with he is hiding something. And i would not say the mannings growing up were any different than bradys where is brady from thats right San Mateo CA. Let me see any of you on here buy a house in the San Francisco suburbs you couldn't. Unless you make like 200k a year or better just look up real estate in S.F. a 1 bedroom apartment is like 3,500 a month. If that is not well off i don't know what is so this just makes them pretty equal in my book. I think most people disliked and wanted brady to lose because the same results get old and repetitive. What if you ate chicken everyday for 3 years you would want something different.

Never said Tom had a poor lower class background. He didn't. I'm talking about image. As you said, Brady and the Manning boys have the same background, all three are multimillionaires at this point in their lives, and yet the Manning boys are somehow more down home country boys? Whatever.:rolleyes:

It's just their dispositions. They seem like good ole boys who would wear Levis. Brady is a combination of left coaster + northeast urbanite whose jeans cost more than your car.

Levis aren't cheap these days but I get what you're saying.;)

IIRC Brady and Eli both have Zegna suits. Eli=closet metro? lol

Tom grew up privledged as well. He went to a all boys Catholic prep school - prep uniforms and all. The biggest difference is their look or looks. Geez, Tom Brady was voted by Esquire, no less, as the best dressed man in the World. Peyton, not so much! Brady models in his advertising and Peyton makes jokes.

Brady is the good looking jock that you might have hated in High School because he had all the girls and the best car in the student parking lot and looked good on and off the field. Peyton had the famous Dad, the Manning name, the killer arm and great talent, but not goodlooking enough to be a threat to you or your buddies. The guy has a forehead the size of a small country that requires it's own zip code - therefore bringing Peyton down to your own level.

It's jealousy and it's fine with me.

Last edited:
You Pats fans need to stop rationalizing the hate for Brady with dumb excuses. Did someone actually steal a line from a shampoo commercial and say non-Pats fans hate Brady because he's beautiful? That's almost as laughable as Alex Rodriguez saying people hate him because he's rich, pretty and biracial (unlike Jeter who is actually biracial and liked). First of all, no guy is talking football with women much less about Brady's attractiveness. The only people gushing over Brady are male Pats fans with their man love. :p

I don't hate Brady, but I can see why fans of other teams do. Mostly, it's guilt by association. Pats are detestable because of Belichick even before the spying scandal. Secondly, it's the man love and tremendous coverage Brady gets from the media like ESPN and FOX/CBS analysts. Jeter gets that poster boy status for baseball, and he's not even as big a part of the machine as Brady is for the Pats. I also think that even though Brady is one of the best QBs right now, but he has 10 seconds in the pocket to throw!!! Then he has Moss who signs for pennies. The Emperor has no clothes! It's okay to say that now after the SB exposed him. :) Thirdly, he ran up the score on the Redskins and other teams this year. When Peyton had his 49 TD year, I remember Dungy benching Manning as early as the 4th quarter when the Colts had a comfortable lead. Belichick had the Pats going for it on 4th down and up by 20. :rolleyes: Dallas used to do that under classless JJ too.

Look at sexy Tom. :p Man, how am I going to compete against that? :D :D

doughboywa7.jpg

When Peyton had his 49 TD year, I remember Dungy benching Manning as early as the 4th quarter when the Colts had a comfortable lead. Belichick had the Pats going for it on 4th down and up by 20. :rolleyes: Dallas used to do that under classless JJ too.

Wow, as early as the 4th quarter! As opposed to the fifth quarter, right?

Peyton's 49 TD year was full of garbage-time TDs. Brady sat out a bunch of 4th quarters last year. Overall they probably threw about as many junk TDs. You're as clueless as your username is stupid. I'm assuming ugly, too.

I agree with that sentiment too.... my best friend's wife (Steelers fan) is always saying something to the effect of "Is Brady going to play or is he afraid of getting his nails dirty?" or "Too bad Brady can't wear his designer jeans during the game."

It's too bad Big Ben can't ever ride a motorcycle again..:bricks:....Would that shut her up?...:D

You Pats fans need to stop rationalizing the hate for Brady with dumb excuses. Did someone actually steal a line from a shampoo commercial and say non-Pats fans hate Brady because he's beautiful? That's almost as laughable as Alex Rodriguez saying people hate him because he's rich, pretty and biracial (unlike Jeter who is actually biracial and liked). First of all, no guy is talking football with women much less about Brady's attractiveness. The only people gushing over Brady are male Pats fans with their man love. :p

I don't hate Brady, but I can see why fans of other teams do. Mostly, it's guilt by association. Pats are detestable because of Belichick even before the spying scandal. Secondly, it's the man love and tremendous coverage Brady gets from the media like ESPN and FOX/CBS analysts. Jeter gets that poster boy status for baseball, and he's not even as big a part of the machine as Brady is for the Pats. I also think that even though Brady is one of the best QBs right now, but he has 10 seconds in the pocket to throw!!! Then he has Moss who signs for pennies. The Emperor has no clothes! It's okay to say that now after the SB exposed him. :) Thirdly, he ran up the score on the Redskins and other teams this year. When Peyton had his 49 TD year, I remember Dungy benching Manning as early as the 4th quarter when the Colts had a comfortable lead. Belichick had the Pats going for it on 4th down and up by 20. :rolleyes: Dallas used to do that under classless JJ too.

So, they ran up the score who cares.....? And you're a fool if you don't think every great quarterback had a great O-Line, i mean my god look at the O-line in Denver during Elway's two Superbowl wins. I always find it hysterical when people say..."well if he didn't have a good line he'd look bad" Yeah no *****, tell me what quarterback would look good with no time to throw?:bricks:. You also have a very selective memory, look at some of the scores of the Colts games during Manning's record setting season.

I would think that most people don't know about Manning's sexual harassment suits and it is not in the best interest of ESPN or the NFL to bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back