PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do people love Manning but hate Brady so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking strictly about what I've seen of him on television. I've never met him so I don't know what he's like in person but based on what I see on t.v. he seems more friendly than Brady. Brady seems more quiet and reserved about his emotions. I respect Brady more than Manning though because he's accomplished more than Manning without the pedigree that Manning has.

I knew what you meant. I was just thinking out loud.

And I definitely agree on the last part.

Yep. But all you guys making it out to be about looks crack me up! I highly doubt the average NFL fan even cares who Brady is dating, how he dresses/looks or anything else remotely connected to this. Too funny!!!:rofl:

If my in-laws who live in Philly and don't watch football know who Brady is dating, so do the vast majority of football fans.

It was all over the national news a month ago.

That whole "Brady Mocked Burress' Prediction" **** was hilarious.

It was an insult to suggest that a Patriots team that hadn't scored less than 20 points all season would do so in the biggest game of the year (regardless if it happened in the end or not).

Plus Brady simply said "I sure hope we score more than 17 points", which seemed like an appropriate response to such an insult made by someone who honestly contributed very little to the Super Bowl victory.

Another good example of Brady's comments making him "into an ass", while Burress is praised for running his mouth before a game.

Well, didn't you think that Brady's "I sure hope...." comment smacked of sarcasm and arrogance? That's the impression most people had to the comment, and thus the reaction.

Well, didn't you think that Brady's "I sure hope...." comment smacked of sarcasm and arrogance? That's the impression most people had to the comment, and thus the reaction.

Not at all. And neither did the national media, until AFTER the Super Bowl when Plaxico's prediction came true and Brady's did not. And here's why:

The Giants had already played the Patriots in a hotly contested game, and lost. The Patriots scored 38 points in that game. On the Giants turf.

The Patriots lowest score the entire season was 20 points. Against the Jets.

Brady simply thought it was funny that they were being predicted to have their lowest point total of all in the biggest game of the season. So did the media, for the next few days, as they lambasted Plaxico for opening his mouth.

If the Patriots had won the game, Plaxico's comment would have been regarded in the same vein as Anthony Smith's: ill-advised and stupid, giving the Patriots extra ammo to push them to victory. Yet, because the Giants won, in hindsight Brady becomes the ******* to the media and everyone else with an agenda, even though he was only responding to a prediction that echoed the one in week 13 against the Steelers. Going along with this media story just makes you fickle, or likely a fan of another team.

Last edited:
Not at all. And neither did the national media, until AFTER the Super Bowl when Plaxico's prediction came true and Brady's did not. And here's why:

The Giants had already played the Patriots in a hotly contested game, and lost. The Patriots scored 38 points in that game. On the Giants turf.

The Patriots lowest score the entire season was 20 points. Against the Jets.

Brady simply thought it was funny that they were being predicted to have their lowest point total of all in the biggest game of the season. So did the media, for the next few days, as they lambasted Plaxico for opening his mouth.

If the Patriots had won the game, Plaxico's comment would have been regarded in the same vein as Anthony Smith's: ill-advised and stupid, giving the Patriots extra ammo to push them to victory. Yet, because the Giants won, in hindsight Brady becomes the ******* to the media and everyone else with an agenda, even though he was only responding to a prediction that echoed the one in week 13 against the Steelers. Going along with this media story just makes you fickle, or likely a fan of another team.

True enough; however, I heard the comment a few hours after Brady said it, and I remember thinking that it sounded arrogant (and un-Brady-like), and that this may come back to bite him on the ass.

Where are you at/from nittanylions52? I work for PSU, my wife went to college there and we have football season tickets.

Unfortunately, I'm not from around there. I grew up cheering for PSU because my Dad went there for his Master's degree...I want to go to a game sometime, but now I go to Purdue for grad school so it'll probably have to be PSU @ Purdue for me to go.

True enough; however, I heard the comment a few hours after Brady said it, and I remember thinking that it sounded arrogant (and un-Brady-like), and that this may come back to bite him on the ass.

I didn't like anything about the 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. A lot of crap went on that I will never directly correlate to the loss, but as hell didn't help the players' mindset. Including the trademarking 19-0 crap. I mean... seriously?

Last edited:
If my in-laws who live in Philly and don't watch football know who Brady is dating, so do the vast majority of football fans.

It was all over the national news a month ago.

Didn't say the average fan didn't know, just that they don't care...

The first time I noticed the gap in affection was back in 2003, why is it that people hate Brady so much but always want Manning to do well? It really perplexes me, Manning has the sellout factor with all the commercials and the whininess that he seems to have grown out of. Brady has always been humble to the media and fans I just don't get it. Obviously theres gonna be more hate here since I go to school in Buffalo but I'm from Albany and people hate him alot there too. I just don't get why people don't atleast give credit where credit is due.

a lot of it is espn, with clayton ballwashing of manning and most of america being sheep and allowing the media to form their opinions for them because obviously they've never met either one.

Didn't say the average fan didn't know, just that they don't care...

They do. They might not say they do, but when they compare their lives' to Tom's, they harbor deep-seated resentment. We Patriots fans on the other hand get to live through him vicariously.

One word: Jealousy.

The first time I noticed the gap in affection was back in 2003, why is it that people hate Brady so much but always want Manning to do well? It really perplexes me, Manning has the sellout factor with all the commercials and the whininess that he seems to have grown out of. Brady has always been humble to the media and fans I just don't get it. Obviously theres gonna be more hate here since I go to school in Buffalo but I'm from Albany and people hate him alot there too. I just don't get why people don't atleast give credit where credit is due.

This one is a no brainer.

Brady is good looking. Manning is ugly.

Brady has 3 SB's, Manning has one.

Brady has class, Manning is a hick.

It is so much easier to love an ugly, loser, hick than a guy that has it all.

Just the way of the world.

Hope you are not one that feels this way. If you do, get a life.

Brady is definitely NOT hated. Where I live in the midwest I see more respect for Brady than any other current QB (obviously I'm not from indiana). In fact, the people I knew who were rooting for the Patriots in the SB did so BC of Brady. They had no one else to root for but they love to watch him play.

But for any Brady hate, I'd have to say it might come from the fact that he has transcended SPORTS FIGURE and entered into CELEBRITY STATUS. Face it, no other nfl player has as much Hollywood appeal than him and we know how America treats celebs.

im also from the albany area, and i gotta agree.

there's a few people i go back and forth with over brady and the pats.

the other morning i was throwing up in the bathroom, when one of them walks in. every other game he said brady will break his throwing arm, and everyother game i said we'd win the game with cassel.

so im choking on bile when he asks, "late night partying?"

i struggle to say, "...i wish..." in between the dry heaves.

"you alright, buddy? can i get you to the nurse? can i get you something?"

i'm looking like sh!t, and he doesn't remember me without the brady jersey, so i tell him:

"yeah, you can get the pats another superbowl."

:D

Last edited:
It's the exact same way Sox fans treat Jeter. I think the idea is that if you are at the pinnacle of your sport, get all the chicks, win championships and are good looking then people feel that life shouldn't be that perfect for anyone and they can no longer relate. If you put them an a hated team, this will only get worse. That being said, the only fans that truly hate Brady are Jets and Colts fans, and we all know why that is. I think everyone else actually likes him, but got sick of the media fawning over him (even I didn't want to hear about the boot anymore). You see the same thing here with the "Lord" Favre posts.

Last edited:
I go to school in Philly and bf the SB I was listening to a local morning radio show about SB predictions. They started talking about how lucky Tom is...he has everything....hes's on the best NFL team of the decade, has hot gf's, gorgeous looks, money, talent...etc.etc.etc. So I think that MOST people (and by MOST, I mean most rational football fans ) dont hate him, they just feel like "this guy has everything and is one lucky SOB." I'm sure there are plenty of people who actually do hate Tom, but they have deeper issues that they are just not dealing with.

I assume that people can relate more to Peyton then Tom. He's a down home country bumpkin with a dorky smile. He has a huge fan base from his Tennessee days and a huge fan base out in the midwest ( and rightfully so, he's def. an all time great QB ). Tom is not relatable because his insane hotness is unmatched and unattainable...he's not frat boy good looking, or normal person goodlooking...he's GQ, pretty boy model good looking that you could never be. Can you see Tom doing those "rock hard ab" mastercard or whatever the hell they are commercials?? Heck no, they are funny bc it's Peyton is goofy looking and very "boy next door". I'm SURE somewhere you'd hear some clown saying they were "offended". Instead of it being cheeky and cute with geeky Peyton, it's "arrogant" Tom, with his "too sexy" face.

Peyton kind of reminds of Farve in his commercial appeal. They both have the boy next door appeal. Now unlike Peyton, Farve is a great looking guy...but he looks like 10 guys I know...def. has that frat boy look and is another down home southerner. So...thats my take.:D

Because most people are stupid f**king robots.

This thread reminds me of this, said on the sportslogos.net message board.

Hate on him all you want. It shows how great he was by hating the guy that beat your team all the time. The only quarterback out there today that rivals him is Peyton Manning, who may very well pass him someday, as a true quarterback. Tom Brady is a damn pretty boy who doesn't think he should be hit and plays like he's trying to avoid getting hurt. Because he dates models and acts like one himself, they've made him a celebrity. Yes, he is a talented QB, but he doesn't play with the toughness and "doing whatever it takes to get your team a W" and "on-field coach" like Favre and Manning do.

Of course it's all Grade A BS, but this is what idiots believe.

He does commercials ... he's like average Joe .... Brady does have a bit of a pompous side to him ... not in a bad way ... just that he does not project as an average Joe ... only to his teamates, not the public.

Isn't it obvious? Anti-Semitism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back