PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do people love Manning but hate Brady so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady, being the underdog, was supposed to have gone away by now. Peyton,#1 overall, NFL father,pedigree. And lets face it, anything you are talking about is PERCEPTION created and enhanced by the 24/7/365 media. Manning is the dancing bear, Brady the trained Tiger. Go ask Sigfried and Roy who is scarier.

Manning is a goofy looking every man. People arent threatened by him. More of a commoner. Brady appears as more of a pretty boy, Wally Cleaver, too good to be true kindof guy, and that can just steam alot of people that dont understand that he's a regular guy. There's obviously more to it, but on the surface, imo its a combination of some simple jealousies.

I agree with that sentiment too.... my best friend's wife (Steelers fan) is always saying something to the effect of "Is Brady going to play or is he afraid of getting his nails dirty?" or "Too bad Brady can't wear his designer jeans during the game."

LOL, you guys make me laugh.

Shrug. It seems to be much easier for me to appreciate a good QB on another team than non-Patriots fan I talk to to appreciate Brady.

I mean, the entire Super Bowl became about how "the Giants D-line dominated Brady".

For real?

Brady scored 14 points. Manning scored 17. Was Brady really "dominated" to a much higher degree than Manning? Not that I saw. Don't forget that this is an Eli Manning who put up 35 points on the Patriots in a losing effort, and who put up 21 points against a great Green Bay secondary in sub-zero temperatures.

This also corresponds to an article I read the other day where a non-Patriots fan wondered why many Patriots fans were simply saying "the Giants outplayed us", as if such a sentiment could not possibly be heard from the "incredibly unclassy" Patriots fans.

Sure, there are those who root for Brady who refuse to give Peyton, Ben, or Eli any credit, but they are either in the minority, or in the majority of fans who don't really follow football.

Those of us who do have no problem giving respect where it's due, and are left to wonder why the same is not afforded our own QB, even by fans who proclaim their football intelligence regularly.

Last edited:
I mean, the entire Super Bowl became about how "the Giants O-line dominated Brady".

Man, our O-line must have sucked more than I thought if the Giants O-line was dominating Brady.

Oops. :p 10 chars

Here are the reasons from an outsiders perspective:

1) Too much credit - People feel that Tom was/is given too much "undeserved" credit for the Pats success. That he was a system QB that relied on the dink-and-dunk.

2) Pretty Boy - People are jealous of his pretty boy image, and want to see him get knocked on his ass.

3) Arrogance - Running up the score, throwing for TD's when it's 1st and goal on the 2, staying in blowout games to try and pad the TD stats, talking **** about Plaxico's 17pts comment, constantly whining to the refs, etc.

4) Success - Everyone wants to knock down the guy on top.

because Manning plays for God's team

That whole "Brady Mocked Burress' Prediction" **** was hilarious.

It was an insult to suggest that a Patriots team that hadn't scored less than 20 points all season would do so in the biggest game of the year (regardless if it happened in the end or not).

Plus Brady simply said "I sure hope we score more than 17 points", which seemed like an appropriate response to such an insult made by someone who honestly contributed very little to the Super Bowl victory.

Another good example of Brady's comments making him "into an ass", while Burress is praised for running his mouth before a game.

The first time I noticed the gap in affection was back in 2003, why is it that people hate Brady so much but always want Manning to do well? It really perplexes me, Manning has the sellout factor with all the commercials and the whininess that he seems to have grown out of. Brady has always been humble to the media and fans I just don't get it. Obviously theres gonna be more hate here since I go to school in Buffalo but I'm from Albany and people hate him alot there too. I just don't get why people don't atleast give credit where credit is due.

Who gives a shyt what the general public thinks. In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of this country is made up of dumbasses. Just think about the fact that only a few years ago Britney Spears was the most popular artist in the country and ask yourself if being well-liked by the general American public is an enviable thing.

I don't hate Brady but I hate Belichick and some other Patriots players like Bruschi and Seymour. I respect Brady more than Manning because he didn't grow up with a silver spoon in his mouth and he actually earned what he got unlike Manning who has benefited from his last name until he got into the NFL. Same with Eli, who got drafted #1 overall because of his last name and not because he was the best quarterback in that draft class.

I heard that guy saved a liter of kittens from a burning house while having a stroke.

What a jerk.

because Manning plays for God's team

True. Playing for God's team automatically makes Manning one of God's Angels.

Tom on the other hand plays for the Devil and by default that makes him the Son of the Devil.

One game I could've sworn I saw some devil horns on Belichick's head.:eek:

Seriously, I don't think Tom is extremely hated. I think non Pats fans respect him well enough for what he has done and on so little expectations. It's just he doesn't have that everyman appeal like Peyton does that can make middle America love him. Peyton come across as a guy you can have a beer with. That's why so many people can tolerate Peyton's 1001 commercials where if Tom were to shill every product out there, he would get ripped apart for it.

Last edited:
True. Playing for God's team automatically makes Manning one of God's Angels.

Tom on the other hand plays for the Devil and by default that makes him the Son of the Devil.

One game I could've sworn I saw some devil horns on Belichick's head.:eek:

Seriously, I don't think Tom is extremely hated. I think non Pats fans respect him well enough for what he has done and on so little expectations. It's just he doesn't have that everyman appeal like Peyton does that can make middle America love him. That's why so many people can tolerate Peyton's 1001 commercials where if Tom were to shill every product out there, he would get ripped apart for it.

Yea, there's an element of the Forest Gump/All American type to Peyton Manning that makes people like him. Brady on the other hand is not the gumpy, aw-shucks type and he's handsome and dating super models so that makes a lot of people jealous. I personally don't hate Brady but I think Manning has a friendlier personality.

It's probably because he plays for the Pats, and the three superbowl rings.

Yea, there's an element of the Forest Gump/All American type to Peyton Manning that makes people like him. Brady on the other hand is not the gumpy, aw-shucks type and he's handsome and dating super models so that makes a lot of people jealous. I personally don't hate Brady but I think Manning has a friendlier personality.

Is Peyton Manning a truly friendly guy or is he really media savvy? With today's athletes more PR knowledgeable than ever it's really hard to tell.

peyton2.jpg

peyton3.jpg

peyton4.jpg

peyton5.jpg

Is Peyton Manning a truly friendly guy or is he really media savvy? With today's athletes more PR knowledgeable than ever it's really hard to tell.

I was talking strictly about what I've seen of him on television. I've never met him so I don't know what he's like in person but based on what I see on t.v. he seems more friendly than Brady. Brady seems more quiet and reserved about his emotions. I respect Brady more than Manning though because he's accomplished more than Manning without the pedigree that Manning has.

Depends on your perspective.

If you're a woman in the medical profession and you're on your knees attending to his ankle sprain, I've heard he's very friendly.

He's more than willing to offer you a full moon and a tea bag.

1 plays for Dungy, and the other plays for Belicheck, enough said.

Yep. But all you guys making it out to be about looks crack me up! I highly doubt the average NFL fan even cares who Brady is dating, how he dresses/looks or anything else remotely connected to this. Too funny!!!:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes