PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do people keep bringing up Asante?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karguy85

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Doesn't he need to be cut first, and pass through waivers for us to even have a chance.

And isn't it highly unlikely that he would drop all the way to us, or his contract that absurd?

I'm just wondering because people here and on WEEI are mentioning it. Thanks!

Doesn't he need to be cut first, and pass through waivers for us to even have a chance.

And isn't it highly unlikely that he would drop all the way to us, or his contract that absurd?

He has about $18.8 million left on his deal. That's one of the reasons I'm assuming why no one took him at the deadline. That's a ton of money, the final year of his deal(2013) he has a cap hit of 11.5 million.

Last edited:
He has about $18.8 million left on his deal. That's one of the reasons I'm assuming why no one took him at the deadline. That's a ton of money, the final year of his deal(2013) he has a cap hit of 11.5 million.

Thanks for that. Based on his history, I doubt he would be one to restructure his contract...

Too many people think we can still trade for him, I don't see any reason why people want to either. Just because he is making a lot of money doesn't mean he is worth it.

Also, we're 31st in line for waivers and Philly would never cut someone they could get at least a 3rd or 4th if they'd drop their demands for a 1st.

-A complete d-bag, spoiled athlete
-A terrible teammate
-Undisciplined, uncoachable style of selfish play
-A tattoo that says "pay me"
-Responsible for the most costly play (and series) in franchise, if not NFL history
-Burned bridges with the team already after not getting paid enough

What, you don't want him?

Too many people think we can still trade for him, I don't see any reason why people want to either. Just because he is making a lot of money doesn't mean he is worth it.

Also, we're 31st in line for waivers and Philly would never cut someone they could get at least a 3rd or 4th if they'd drop their demands for a 1st.

and the minor detail that the 2011 trade deadline is long past

Thanks for that. Based on his history, I doubt he would be one to restructure his contract...

No problem, and for sure. No chance he restructures, at least, unless he really, really wants to go to a certain team.

It's really a Bodden for Samuel trade. The Eagles will claim Bodden off waivers, and then they'll cut Samuel. The Patriots will then claim Samuel, and the 'trade' will be done. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes