Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why do CNN and ABC kiss Obama's ars ??? <-----PROOF in here

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jul 14, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

National Journal Online -- Under The Influence -- Time Warner Staff Head to Team Obama

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20090708115238.aspx

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20090527141451.aspx

ABC employees donated heavily to Obama - Washington Times
    :singing::singing::singing::singing: Liberal media is in bed with Obama.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Re: Why does CNN kiss Obama's ars ???

Like FOX did with the Bush's and Rupert did with his finacial backing of that administration...

They are hoping to exchange the positivity for "ACCESS"

this is the most horrible thing about our supposid 'journalists'. They are supposed to be our line of defense, our fact checkers and reporters. they are supposed to serve US. But instead, they act like little female dogz and suck up to the power to gain access to be lied to.

talk about sheep.

NEP, were you this critical of FOX's coverage of the Bush administration? Just asking....
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I just updated my thread. Please re-read it again. CNN and ABC.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It really doesn't change my reply, nor my question to you.

I'm saying that our media, our watchdogs are actually LAPdogs.....and it sucks.
  5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I finished my editing in this thread. Perhaps, you can re-read it again.

To answer your question, media should be 'independent' when it comes to news. When I turn on the TV, i should know what i should know. I don't like the way the media is doing the news right now.

Instead of giving us the truth, they want us to hear what they want us to know.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Smart move by Obama to bring in some Time Warner people. It helps balance out the right's thorough domination of Fox and radio.
  7. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

(Personal insult removed by moderator)

regardless of whose arse they are up, they fail in their most basic of philosophies.......which is to report the fact and not blur them with an agenda
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
  8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

you for one should hope that media would report facts without agenda.......it is obvious you've been mislead most of your life
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Dude...

I agree...

My question was to you about if you saw the same bias during the Bush years with FOX?
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I think newspapers do that best. They clearly distinguish between news and editorials, and whether you read the Wall Street Journal or New York Times, you're likely to walk away with a balanced understanding of world events. Radio news isn't bad, but of course radio pundits seem to dominate, and they are mostly conservative. On tv, the lines between news and commentary are often blurred, especially on Fox. As far as tv goes, I think CNN is best, and that's based only on the fact that neither conservatives nor liberals like it. Online, I usually go to ABC and then CNN; I think ABC is a bit more liberal than CNN.
  11. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I like FOX News cable and I have watched it for YEARS. If you ask me the weapon of mass destruction BS, the answer is YES.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Just because you like it, doesn't mean they were not doing the exact sam ething you are b!tchin about now.

Welcome to the game!
  13. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

You mean to tip the scales back in his favor don't you?
  14. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

they do it best when it is what you want to hear.........just because something is not in the editorial does not mean it wasn't written in a way to alter the perception of what really happened.........news papers are just as bad as any other form of media..........granted, there is a difference in the delivery given you dont have facial expressions or some footage rolling in the background, but the content is just as skewed.........
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I take issue with that. I've known a number of journalists. Most journalists are professional. There are a few who are not, but most want to report the news objectively. That said, the fact is that even objectively you can't avoid taking a stand. The way stories are prioritized is an editorial policy to some degree, but the facts contained within the story are objective.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Some but nothing like NBC (MSNBC) nothing close to it.
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

buuulSH!T....I can see a bias in MSNBC, if you can sit there with a straight face and tell me that FOX didn't fondle Bush's ballz for the last 8 years, basicall setting the standard for a nework news channel becomeing the netwok of teh oval office...then you are insane.

Matthews: "Did you see FOX television as a tool when you were in the White House? As a useful avenue to get your message out?"

McClellan: "I make a distinction between the journalists and the commentators. Certainly there were commentators and other, pundits at FOX News, that were useful to the White House." [...] That was something we at the White House, yes, were doing, getting them talking points and making sure they knew where we were coming from.

Matthews: "So you were using these commentators as your spokespeople."

McClellan: "Well, certainly."

"fair and balanced" ???
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think you can look at it two ways. I think clearly it's not fair and balanced commentary just like Olberman's and Matthews's are not fair and balanced but the two tend to balance each other out when you weigh them together.
  19. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

sure........but the moment someone takes a stand, the story become editorialized and is something other than the basic reporting of an event.........you can't tell me that even in the non-editorials that certain newspapers will have things consistently skewed to represent the front offices opinion........

there is also the placement of stories in the newspaper........what makes headlines depends on who the editor would like to screw/promote.........the newspaper skews more than you think.........it would not be past the boston globe to downplay the days ted kennedy used to run around the compound drunk in his underwear and place it on page 5 whereas if mitt romney did it, it would make the headline........just an example.....the herald is just as guilty