PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do announcers keep on saying the Dolphins will win the AFC East if they win out

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallfamebrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
According to my math, we would win the the East if we win our remaining games and the Phins beat the Jets on the last day of the season. We would have identical division records and we would win on common opponents. My understanding is that common opponents is the first tie breaker in divisions over conference records.

However, the announcers keep on saying the the Fins can win the division if they win out. Am I missing something?

Re: Why do announcers keep on saying the Dolphins will win the AFC East if they win o

Common opponents is the second tie-breaker. Wait, so there's still hope?

Re: Why do announcers keep on saying the Dolphins will win the AFC East if they win o

Yes, you are wrong.

There are 43 threads on this here.

Conference record is next.

There's still hope, of course, but the Pats need help. Jets pulling that out today hurt.

Where is the threads? I have been off for awhile

Common opponents would be even. Both teams lost their only 2 non-common games (Mia lost to Houston and Baltimore, Pats lost to Indy and Pittsburgh). Dolphins would get in on conference record.

The Pats don't have any tiebreaker to get into the playoffs right now including Miami. The announcers are right. The Pats need to win out and have some help.

Conference record is next.

There's still hope, of course, but the Pats need help. Jets pulling that out today hurt.

No conference records is not next. Common opponents is next.

But we would be tied on common opponents, so we'd go to conference records.

No conference records is not next. Common opponents is next.

But we would be tied on common opponents, so we'd go to conference records.

That's what I meant.....

According to my math, we would win the the East if we win our remaining games and the Phins beat the Jets on the last day of the season. We would have identical division records and we would win on common opponents. My understanding is that common opponents is the first tie breaker in divisions over conference records.

However, the announcers keep on saying the the Fins can win the division if they win out. Am I missing something?

there are 6,375 threads on this. If the Fins win out, they win the division. Now, let's just pull for the Cowboys to beat the Giants so they're hungry for red meat when the steelers come to town next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down