PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did we match Sauerbruns offer?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asante4prez

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Though its an insignificant move, I cant understand for the life of me why we matched an offer sheet to Sauerbrun who recently flat out said he wanted to return to the Broncos next season. Sauerbrun said it was nothing personal but he would like to return as Denver Bronco....

What is so bad about Josh Miller? The two are almost identical in stats of recent years...

Sauerbrun last season
Avg yds per kick :40.8

Josh Miller
Averaged over 42 yds per punt the last three years

Why did we sign Sauerbrun and perhaps cause a conflict that could have been easily avoided?

It's a business. You have to make moves that are best for your team and that doesn't always match individual players wishes.

Why the did it? Maybe Millie is still hurt. He's getting up there in age. Perhaps they want to have an open competition in camp so they can get the best one and the other can be cut with minimal cap hit.

You actually think a punter will cause a disturbance. We only have 5 punters on the roster. I think we will be fine....

Clearly there are concerns about Miller's recovery, and the team wants to see firsthand if Miller is ready to punt fulltime before committing to him.

Maybe because he was solid throughout the playoffs (particularly against the Chargers) and he deserves the chance to earn the fulltime job during TC. Miller is also getting up there in age.

1) to screw Denver apparently

2) Get a draft pick in return via trade to Denver

3) Merge with other Sauerbrun thread.

The reason is probably cause we hate the Denver Broncos we really do those bastards signed Graham and you don't mess with BB and his TIGHTENDS!!!!!

Maybe because he was solid throughout the playoffs (particularly against the Chargers) and he deserves the chance to earn the fulltime job during TC. Miller is also getting up there in age.

Todd is no spring chicken either at 34.

The reason is probably cause we hate the Denver Broncos we really do those bastards signed Graham and you don't mess with BB and his TIGHTENDS!!!!!

tThey gave Graham the most ridiculous contract ever given to a TE in FA.

He'd be stupid not to sign it.

This made me laugh.

Maybe they think they can force Denver to offer a 6th or even 5th round pick. They will then turn around and use that pick on Sepulveda. :D BB wins, screw you donkeys!!

Saurbrun kicked the pee out of the ball down the stretch. Did a great job, imo.

I wonder how well Miller has healed?? Maybe he's got lingering health issues.

Messing with the Donks after them taking Graham is almost required. After all..

//

Saurbrun kicked the pee out of the ball down the stretch. Did a great job, imo.

I wonder how well Miller has healed?? Maybe he's got lingering health issues.

Messing with the Donks after them taking Graham is almost required. After all..

//

I mean really now, we took Adalius Thomas from Baltimore, does that mean they should go and sign someone from us to make up for it. Does that mean the Eagles will be coming after someone from our team too?

I mean really now, we took Adalius Thomas from Baltimore, does that mean they should go and sign someone from us to make up for it. Does that mean the Eagles will be coming after someone from our team too?

Baltimore and Philly are not the Broncos. Different histories. The Broncs have embarrassed us a number of times in recent years, and now they take away one of our starters!!

I say all this in jest. Of course the Broncs can do what they think is best -- and they will, without me or anyone telling them to -- and we should do the same. All's fair in love, war, and football. Survival of the species.

//

Do not see this as a vengeful move, but that prepares for every possible contingency..not sure if Miller has recovered, and roster competition is good for this team. Not sure BB wants to get into a pissing match with a coach he respects..

Though its an insignificant move, I cant understand for the life of me why we matched an offer sheet to Sauerbrun who recently flat out said he wanted to return to the Broncos next season. Sauerbrun said it was nothing personal but he would like to return as Denver Bronco....

What is so bad about Josh Miller? The two are almost identical in stats of recent years...

Sauerbrun last season
Avg yds per kick :40.8

Josh Miller
Averaged over 42 yds per punt the last three years

Why did we sign Sauerbrun and perhaps cause a conflict that could have been easily avoided?

he had some really good games though

Tenn: 46.6 avg
SD: 44.1 avg
Colts: 51.4 avg

I find it a bit comical that there doesn't seem to be a single reason not to match the offer yet some folks are baffled. It is virtually risk free. They can cut him whenever they want. This was a no-brainer. The real question is why didn't the Donkeys make this a contract that would have some risk in it if they really wanted Sauerbrun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes