PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did the pats even aquire Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolguy

Banned
Reaction score
I love moss and i loved the combination of brady, moss, and welker, but the looking at the trade now seems kinda unneeded.

Welker was the perfect replacement for branch, but i think without moss the pats would have a similar offense they do now. It would be more diverse without moss, who's only great when he wants to and is always double covered.

I guess you can't look back lol

I love moss and i loved the combination of brady, moss, and welker, but the looking at the trade now seems kinda unneeded.

Welker was the perfect replacement for branch, but i think without moss the pats would have a similar offense they do now. It would be more diverse without moss, who's only great when he wants to and is always double covered.

I guess you can't look back lol

Clearly you didn't watch the 07 Patriots.

Because our receiving corps sucked in 2006 and Randy Moss was awesome. :bricks:

Off to the Practice Squad with this bad boy.

What was even the point of this thread?

Moss was wonderful for the 07 season and he truly helped Matt Cassel in gaining enough confidence to be the successful QB he is now in KC and was in 2008

2009 was the end of the Moss era for all intensive purposes,I truly think Moss aged before our eyes last season.

I won't forget his accomplishments those years but its obvious Father Time is knocking VERY loudly on his door.

Randy Moss for a 4th round pick?

What do you mean why did we even acquire him?

This thread is awful ... Moss more than proved his worth here.

We'll never know what Brady and Moss might have done if Brady was not lost for the season.

Time to move on ... thankfully we have a coach who usually gets that right.

Well, that 2nd qtr display in Miami back on Oct 21, 2007 was awesome to watch from the upper deck of Doplhin Stadium. He just needed to make one play at the end of that G-- ---m game in Glendale. One F------ play!

Trust me i did, but this type of team is better imo./

This Offense is the best in the NFL, but no, not even close. We traded Moss just at the right time. I said when we acquired him it was the right move, and I agreed when we traded him it was the right move (as I figured the only way we would trade him was he was a major problem, he was). The 07 offense was the best in the history of the league.

lol gotta love common sense eh?

oh Come on lol

mY POINT IS WHEN THEY TRADED FOR MOSS, the whole teams gameplan and philosophy change from a balance team to a deep ball offense

Because they could, because of the Polian "emphasis" which made pass defense more difficult and because we had lost Branch and Givens.

It wasn't Moss's fault we lost the SB, it was an over reliance on him and Welker and refusal to use, or lack of a reliable running game.

Last edited:
oh Come on lol

mY POINT IS WHEN THEY TRADED FOR MOSS, the whole teams gameplan and philosophy change from a balance team to a deep ball offense

Well there are already a million other threads on this same subject. There have been ever since he was traded from the team.

Given the historic season of 2007 and the fact that the Patriots laid an egg in the biggest game of their history this is a ridiculous thread. Nobody can argue against the production of Randy Moss at the Patriots.

How quickly people forget.

Go watch the 2006 AFC championship game+the 2007 season then comeback and talk.

Last edited:
Go watch the 2006 AFC championship game+the 2007 season then comeback and talk.

lol I still wake up in the middle of the night in a deep sweat thinking Caldwell is still on this football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes