Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why did Obama hire lawyers to conceal his Occidental College record?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jul 25, 2009.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

California used to check prez candidates' eligibility

Why spend thousands of dollars hiding his Occidental record?

1. Is it because he registered as a foreign student?

2. His 600 combined SAT scores (out of 1600)?

3. His 2.0 GPA?

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

He's hiding something but his groupies don't want to believe it, he is truly their Poster Boy Messiah.

Someday some goofy blogger will find out what it is, remember Dan Rather.................
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

The same reason why George Bush chose to keep his National Guard Records private.. because he can, it is executive privilege and another distraction.
  4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

neener.......neener........dubya, too.......dubya, too

lousy argument
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

4. To keep his sex change quiet.

That's about as plausible as the first the possibility. The others are possible. He's admitted to doing coke and pot back then; maybe he was immature young man who needed to grow up.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  6. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You don't spend thousands of dollars hiring lawyers to conceal something you already admitted to.

Am I missing something here? :confused:

Patters --

Unlike his Hawaii Birth Certificate, Obama's Occidental College actually exists.

Since Obama was able to transfer from Occidental College to Columbia University, there must nothing wrong with his record.

So tell me again, why is Barack Obama spending thousands of dollars hiring lawyers to conceal his Occidental College record??

7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good question!!!!

//
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Do you have a link showing he spent thousands of dollars on lawyers?

I would guess that Obama, like McCain, like Hillary, wants to hide his records from back then because he was young and probably did some things he doesn't want the general public to know about. He probably did some stupid things as a teenager. Frankly, I'd try to hide my records too from my first year and a half in college. I was a lousy student, did way too much partying, and got in trouble for streaking a Count Basie band concert!
  9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Streaking???? You are old aren't you Patters. Streaking went out in the '70's from what i remember. :D
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Yeah, we were a couple years late when we did it in 1975. Odd thing was I wasn't even drunk or high. We ended up being chased by a mob of angry suburbanites who poured off the bleechers, but we got away. It was pretty funny actually.
  11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I remember streaking tookoff more in the late "70's, Maybe you were ahead of your time, a ground breaker, dare i say a trend setter.. :rolleyes: :D
  12. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

People generally hide things because they have something to hide. Like a man with a beard. No chinline there. No adequate grades there.

Barry admits he did a lot of blow (cocaine) and marijuana while in high school and Occidental.

One of my West Point classmates failed out his junior (Cow) year with a 0.7 GPA. Notwithstanding this academic calamity, he received a fullboat scholarship at Emory University in Atlanta, a purportedly excellent academic institution.

Oh, yeah, Frank was black.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Where did you here he did a lot of blow? As far as I know he specifically said "a little blow" in his book. What's your source?

It's nice he shared his GPA with you.

He must have had some good qualities to compensate for his academic shortcomings. Wonder if his grades were low because he couldn't handle bigots? My first college was mediocre, and I dropped out with a very low average. Then 18 months after dropping out I applied to a very highly regarded school, and wrote an effective essay and did well in the interviews. I was admitted. Think it was because I'm Jewish?
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

:rofl: ... now we know why he wore the Mom Jeans at the all star game.
  15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Oh but he wrote that wonderfull book ... "Dreams of my Father"

Even though his writing at the time sucked ... :rofl:

Well ... he didn't write that book Bill Ayers did.

Everything is hidden for good reason ... he wants everyone to use the Dreams book to know about him.

BTW ... even his speech writers use exerpts from Dreams when writing his speeches.
  16. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Occidental College Attorneys Threaten to Quash Subpoena... - Rebuild the Party

To conceal his college record, Obama hired Fredric D. Woocher of Strumwasser & Woocher.

Woocher was selected as "Southern California Super Lawyer, 2009".

Now tell me, why would Obama enlist Southern California's super lawyer just to hide his college record? :confused:

Obviously, what Obama is hiding is not just some youthful indiscretion.

There is a good chance he was registered as a "foreign" student at Occidental and indicated Kenya as his place of birth.

It is also likely that he got attrocious SAT and GPA, and got into Columbia only thru Affrimative Action.

This revelation will clearly tarnish his image and reveal a person who got to where he is today not thru merit, but thru preferential treatments.

Instead of focusing on the Hawaii birth certificate, it might be better for the Limbaugh to focus on his Occidental College record.

Just exactly what is Obama hiding in the record? :confused:

17. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He did it to mess with you. You specifically.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Probably because he's a good lawyer. And we have no idea what he's getting paid or if he's working pro bono as is Obama's chief b.c. lawyer.

What if he did? You don't lose your U.S. citizenship unless you renounce. Also, why do you think he registered as a foreign student? Because he's black? Because he lived in Indonesia? Because his dad was Kenyan? What piece of bigotry are you basing this on, or is there some sort of other evidence.

And what makes you think that? The color of his skin, or is there some evidence?

So what. He made good. In that case, he proved affirmative action worked -- getting into Harvard, being a Constitutional Law professor, and becoming President.

Thank you for making a point that's a testament to the success of affirmative action.

This is why he's won't release records. As I said in another thread, whatever he proves will simply push his opponents onto another issue. If he releases his Occidental records, then there will be demands for his Columbia records, Harvard records, hospital records, etc. I doubt if any candidate has released all his records -- McCain was suspected of being involved in a fatal car accident and refused to release relevant hospital records; there is evidence that McCain was born at a hospital that was not in the American part of the Canal Zone, but we don't have those hospital records.

Because whatever is in them will be used by conspiracy nuts and bigots to launch further attacks.
  19. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I just want to make sure I'm clear on this, if he did list Kenya as his place of birth when he was in actuality born in Hawai'i, you don't have a problem with someone lying on a college application????(or in this case a transfer application)
  20. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Patters --

Here are the usual information contained a College record/transcript:

(1) Name
    (2) Address
    (3) Citizenship
    (3) Degree/Courses
    (4) Grades/GPA
    (5) SAT/ACT scores

Please explain to me again why the President of the United States of America is moving heaven and earth to keep his college transcript concealed?? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009