PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did LT give an attitude? (Calls out BB : Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LT Pissed

Oh, so Merriman can whoop it up after he sacks some QB, but if the Pats whoop after winning the biggest game yet this year, it is "dis-respectful"????

Merriman used illegal enhancement drugs to get all pumped up in the first place, and now no one can dance his dance except *him*.

Get a life, LT. You should be grateful that guys who *don't cheat* are cleaning up a dance that cheater Merriman does. The Pats cleansed Merriman, and LT and the rest of the Chargers ought to appreciate that.

//

Re: Why did LT give an attitude?

hes talking about it right now. He said he was upset about celebrations

he says he couldnt stand the celebrations and taunting by us on the middle of field in their house.

he called us claseless however and said it could be from headcoach.

i agree with him though..he wouldnt lie

I am sorry man, you might have a trillion posts on this forum but how can you call yourself a Pats fan when a self-affirmed 'classy guy' calls our team classless and that it must stem for the coach?? How dare he insult our coach??

LT is a sore loser and needs to see how Peyton gives his interviews after losing to the Pats. he is pissed off with a dance?? How does the other team feel when Merriman does it so often??

And you agree with him! :eek:

Re: WOW LT calls out BB

He needs to lose like a man. He doesn't deserve the nickname he has. The real LT may have been a cocaine addict freak but he wasn't a sore loser like Tomlinson.

Couldn't agree more. Tomlinson really diminished himself from a character standpoint today. Still a great player, but one who isn't very mature.

If the unthinkable happens and the Pats lose next weekend.......guess who LT coach is in the Pro Bowl.........that would an interesting week in paradise.

Hahahahahahahha Lt go cry to ya momma u little woos. Sore loser hahahahhah

LT has as much class as any player in the league and has nothing but respect from everyone across the league for the type of person he is. Yes he was bitterly disappointed and he has a lot of pride. It hurts to see someone mocking you in the middle of your field after a win. Celebrate yes, but don't mock the other team after a war and a battle like that. Brady would have reacted the same way.
Every time Roid Boy does his dance he is mocking the other team. Was the Classy LT upset last year when his team, allready up 41-17, made a game ending INT and instead of taking a knee and going to the lockeroom started latteraling it? I don't remeber any coments from him when his teamates started yelling "Fu(k New England and their team/fans". He is a efing hipocrite and a sore loser. So in the words of the great San Diago legend: Go fu(k yourself LT!

I like him but he should LOOK AT HIS OWN TEAM 1st and Mr Merriman who talked a LOT of smack this week .

What goes around comes around!!

eric allen on espn had a different take..said LT is not only referring to this game but also the body of work with BB not shaking mangini's hand etc and probably that comes from the HC.... FWIW

Hopefully one of the vets will talk to Hobbs. IMO he still needs to get control of his emotions a bit. Still, LT was wrong to talk about BB that way.. totally unnecessary especially as it came at the PC when he should have gained a little reflection time!

I dont think Hobbs did anything wrong. Picture the chargers winning, they would of been the biggest fools u ever seen. I think all the pats players should of acted like they where shooting drugs instead of doing the lameass merriman dance, now that would of been entertainment.

"I would never react in that way. I was very upset," Tomlinson said. "When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach."

I think he's saying the coach needs to guide his players on how to act, not that Bill is classless. This reminds me of when the Spurs knocked out the Lakers in a playoff game on the Lakers home floor and the head coach Popovich who was miked was telling everyone "Lets win this with class" several times because some of the players were starting to talk back to people in the stands. Players are going to go off and do stupid things if the coach doesn't get them in line. After a win like this a coach really needs to remind the players on how to act and win with class. Maybe he did, and they didn't listen, I don't know.

"I would never react in that way. I was very upset," Tomlinson said. "When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach."

How fitting that the only time I remember Merriman in this game was when he did that dance for a HURRY in the first quarter. Other than that I didn't even know he was on the field.

LT is a sore loser, where was Merriman for this game???????? GO PATS!!!!!!!, see ya next year LT, HOPE ALL YOU CHARGES ENJOY THE PRO BOWL WHILE WE ENJOY THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

Lame, LT. Laaaaaaaame.

Gotta love the AP's semi-editorial take :) :

Tomlinson said he was upset that some Patriots were dancing on the Chargers logo at midfield after they had silenced the record crowd of 68,810 at Qualcomm Stadium and wrecked the Chargers' season.

Merriman did a spasmodic dance to celebrate each of his NFL-high 17 sacks.

Don't disrespect LT. Brady would have been upset too.

I think he's saying the coach needs to guide his players on how to act, not that Bill is classless. This reminds me of when the Spurs knocked out the Lakers in a playoff game on the Lakers home floor and the head coach Popovich who was miked was telling everyone "Lets win this with class" several times because some of the players were starting to talk back to people in the stands. Players are going to go off and do stupid things if the coach doesn't get them in line. After a win like this a coach really needs to remind the players on how to act and win with class. Maybe he did, and they didn't listen, I don't know.

Ridiculous. After a game like that, how's a coach to be expected to control 53 emotional guys who are in their 20's and 30's? What Hobbs did wasn't classless, unlike Merriman, but even if you think it is, there's no way you can blame that on Belichick. That lays squarely at the feet of Hobbs no matter what your view on the matter, and LT needs to learn that before he flaps his gums.

And now, Allen (ESPN) says LT is very right

I just couldn't believe what Allen (Eric?) on ESPN said a few minutes ago.

Essentially he said LT is right because:

- BB refused to reign his players
- the Pats cannot be that dis-respectful doing the Merriman dance
- BB gave all praise to the Bolts to the outside world but inside the locker, trashed them (that is correct, and I still cannot believe that he said that. And wait, it gets better)
- BB refused to shake hands with the Jets coach and behaved badly on the field.
- and so, LT was commenting against all the above.

Pure BS, Mr. Allen. What the hell are you talking about? You are a commentator for god's sake. I am prepared to forgive LT because of the heat of the moment and the crushing defeat. But how can you as an commentator endorse a truly classless comment by a player and then invoke silly examples to JUSTIFY that classless comment??

What is wrong with you??

Re: And now, Allen (ESPN) says LT is very right

Eric Allen was a member of the 2001 Raiders.

'Nuf Said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye