PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did it take a national TV beatdown to realise the obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little perspective - the OL had 3 guys at or near ProBowl stature going into last season; they were considered one of the top OLines in the NFL. Between them and Dante's success in turning lower-drafted guys into solid linemen, who could blame BB for focusing on the horrible defense and wide receivers in the 2013 draft? The team had more pressing needs at that point.

After last year, when all 3 of these guys regressed to some degree, they did grab 2 OL in the draft, but you're right in that it has turned out to be too little too late for the early part of this season at least.

I guess what I'm saying is that this didn't seem like a problem area until last season, but people are killing BB for this as though it's been a huge, glaring issue for years now. If he had drafted more OL guys in 2012/2013, you'd be killing him for not drafting defensive guys or receivers.

I don't know about you, but the OL has been a problem area for years. How long have we heard the phrase "the blueprint for beating the patriots is pressure up the middle"? And what did we do about it? THIS.

I don't know about you, but the OL has been a problem area for years. How long have we heard the phrase "the blueprint for beating the patriots is pressure up the middle"? And what did we do about it? THIS.
Especially in the big games, the o-line gets shown up for what they really are: overachievers. Apart from a few on the line, alot of them aren't really worthy of an NFL starting job and only got there through exceptional coaching but that coaching has decayed through the years now, to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back