Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why can't We talk about Race?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Why Can't We Have a Smart Conversation About Race? | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet

da razist repugnicunts hates to talk race but they hate da bleeks so why can't we just talks about it it?:singing::singing::singing:
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +573 / 2 / -9

No Comment
  4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

NASCAR?

or Winston Cup?
  5. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's a shock, another thread about race from the lefties :rolleyes:
  6. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Don't be silly. He was referring to the Kentucky Derby.
  7. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh damn, I was hoping for the Indy 500!
  8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

if its wildo, then it is likely the point reyes annual naked dash to the surf......all men, of course
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Dat wuz so funny cuz you liek totally called me gay cuz gayz are fags and you hate da fags but only in a beat aroundz da bush cowardly kind of way OMG you can be in my club welcome to Wildo TRUTH tiem!
  10. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bill Cosby, Jason Whitlock, and Thomas Sowell talk about race all the time...are they allowed to be part of the conversation? I will post some of their quotes because who better to talk about the bleeks. So lets just talk about it.

The Coz ‘This Is How We Lost to the White Man’ - The Atlantic (May 2008)

Cosby had come to Detroit aiming to grab the city’s black men by their collars and shake them out of the torpor that has left so many of them—like so many of their peers across the country—undereducated, over-incarcerated, and underrepresented in the ranks of active fathers.

As Cosby sees it, the antidote to racism is not rallies, protests, or pleas, but strong families and communities. Instead of focusing on some abstract notion of equality, he argues, blacks need to cleanse their culture, embrace personal responsibility, and reclaim the traditions that fortified them in the past.

Then he attacked African American naming traditions, and the style of dress among young blacks: “Ladies and gentlemen, listen to these people. They are showing you what’s wrong … What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans. They don’t know a damned thing about Africa— with names like Shaniqua, Shaligua, Mohammed, and all that crap, and all of them are in jail.”

There's a good start for you Wildo. Chew on that and if you have anything intelligent to say I will post some of Sowell. If this goes on long enough maybe we will even go to Whitlock.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Ahh yes, blame the blacks for racism, the Whitlock and Cosby solution. It's their fault they haven't just "picked themselves up by their bootstraps" and walked off centuries of oppression in a few decades. That's so deep.:rolleyes:

Edge of Sports

12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Edge of Sports

13. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good rebuttle. So you are saying that Cosby, Whitlock, and Sowell are fools and don't know what they are talking about. So then I guess we have no discussion. Good thread.:rolleyes:
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Excellent straw man. I didn't know a discussion about race meant "a discussion about right wing figureheads who don't believe racism exists."
  15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Amen, baby. The Liberals can't handle the truth.
  16. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Your right. This Cosby stuff is disgraceful. http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200805/cosby

I wished, then, that my 7-year-old son could have seen Cosby there, to take in the same basic message that I endeavor to serve him every day—that manhood means more than virility and strut, that it calls for discipline and dutiful stewardship. That the ultimate fate of black people lies in their own hands, not in the hands of their antagonists. That as an African American, he has a duty to his family, his community, and his ancestors.

in the November Pew survey, 85 percent of all African American respondents considered him a “good influence” on the black community, above Obama (76 percent) and second only to Oprah Winfrey (87 percent).

this stat is particularly interesting. in short it means you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200805/cosby

“I don’t know a better term than angst,” says Johnnetta Cole. “I refuse to categorize every young African American with the same language, but there are some ‘young’uns’—and some of us who are not ‘young’uns’—who must turn around and look at where we are, because where we’re headed isn’t pretty.” Like many of the stars of the civil-rights movement, Cole has gifts that go beyond social activism. She rose out of the segregated South and went to college at age 15, eventually earning a bachelor’s from Oberlin and a doctorate in anthropology from Northwestern. That same sort of dynamism exists today among many younger blacks, but what troubles the older generation is that their energy seems directed at other pursuits besides social uplift.

I guess you think Cole doens't know what she is talking about either. I think the most telling part of our discussion is how you poopoo the words of prominent black men being a white man. Very interesting.
  17. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Blacks vote for Democrats.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

If you're going to use someone else's words can you quote the text and provide a source? I think the red are your words and the other text is some author but I have no idea who or what I'm supposed to respond to.
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -7

Do a search for threads created by State, for example, and not only will you find an inordinate number of race-related threads, but you'll find the righties never calling him out. Look at BF's posts where he advocates the right of businesses to discirminate against people based on the color of their skin, and once again you'll find silence on the part of the righties.

And, now, typically, when someone to the left of center raises the issue of race, the right gets all self-righteous. But, the problem for the right is that, generally, the only people who see them as nonracists are white people, the same type of whites who fought against civil rights, gay rights, women's rights, and so on. The right wants to talk about race by posting threads about crimes committed by blacks or about whites as victims of so-called reverse discrimination. I think the right is in a state of denial about the extent of their bigotry. That said, there are certainly some in the right who do not espouse race-based politics, including some of the righties in this forum.
  20. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

But, but, it's the black people who are racist! :rolleyes: