Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So much specualtion going on.

Can the Patriots go undefeated?
Will the NFL punish us again?
What will we do with the high draft choice?
Let Donte go and keep Samuel.

Yet we are living in a remarkable time in Patriots fans history. This year we are living in what only a few dared to dream of. So why is it we can't just live in the moment and enjoy the great run that we are on?

I've been a Patriots fan long enough to have been through the dark times. And I know that sometime in the future (hopefully the distant future) thngs will not be as good as they are now.

I include myself as one of those who is always looking ahead. I find myself checking out the FA's and wondering about if this or that player may retire afte this year. Checking out the early draft list to see who we may want to look at.

But, I'm going to try to keep focused on this great season as it progresses and enjoy it right up to winning another SB Championship (there I go speculating again).

You're fighting human nature. It's just natural to look back and ahead to provide context and meaning to what's happening right now. I try my best to just enjoy this team, but it's always tempting to compare and project and think about what might be. No reason to fight it, just do your best to enjoy it and indulge in what you enjoy.

Good post! A timely message to not forget to enjoy the season, as it should remain etched in our memories for a long time. Being distracted by anything else at this time takes the focus off of the total experience of what this team is actually doing in games.

... we are living in a remarkable time in Patriots fans history.

It's even bigger than that -- it's unprecedented in the history of the NFL if things keep going as they have been. We're incredibly lucky to have something like this happen in our lifetime.

Yet we are living in a remarkable time in Patriots fans history. This year we are living in what only a few dared to dream of. So why is it we can't just live in the moment and enjoy the great run that we are on?

I've been a Patriots fan long enough to have been through the dark times. And I know that sometime in the future (hopefully the distant future) thngs will not be as good as they are now.

I include myself as one of those who is always looking ahead. I find myself checking out the FA's and wondering about if this or that player may retire afte this year. Checking out the early draft list to see who we may want to look at.

But, I'm going to try to keep focused on this great season as it progresses and enjoy it right up to winning another SB Championship (there I go speculating again).

I simply chaulk it up to this. What else is there to think about? (Between games that is)

It is pretty is to sit back in awe of the acomplishments being racked up at the moment. But it is not very discusion worthy. All roads lead to "Great Team or Greatest Team?" Which is not terribly debatable, becuase then it is nothing but a mess of statistics and becomes some sort of monkey doing a math problem deal.

But undeafeted, that is an easy one, look ahead on the schedual and try to find who could beat them, then pick apart why they wont.

NFL punishment, apperently our team is ruining the leauge, a bunker mentality agains tthe critism has gelled. So why not indulge in some paranioa?

Next years draft? Finally, some suspense. Arm chair drafniks everywhere can get in on this. With a nice juicy high pick to think about, it is hard to resist looking ahead to an april gift. Until the play-offs get here scouting reports of our oppenents are pretty reduced to the pummelling factor. From week 3 till week 9 the focus was on Indy. With that gone the focus is to the play-offs. But it is is even less certain what we will face there. So take what intellectual distractions you can.

This season is great to watch. But to actually discuss, Josh McDaniels' quality of coordinating and the value of Monty Beisel as a LB allowed for much greater debate.

Why? Because sports is Entertainment! Speculation is Entertaining and quite frankly I am enjoying all of it. I listen to all the negatives, all the positives, I read all the crap that is written and all the allcolades that are written. That is what is making this such a fun and unique season. It is fleeting, enjoy it all. Enjoy the hate, enjoy the glory! It is A W E S O M E!!!!

Believe me, I am cherishing every single game this season. You never know what will happen next year or in the future, this season will be talked about the rest of my life.

It's even bigger than that -- it's unprecedented in the history of the NFL if things keep going as they have been. We're incredibly lucky to have something like this happen in our lifetime.
I agree with you Tune, I have been meaning to write something similar myself. What were seeing will be talked about 40 or 50 years from now,assuming we win the SB. The dominance, if continued may never be repeated. Long after I'm gone people will be talking about the Patriots like they do about the Packers and Vince Lombardy.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree with you more. I try to focus on the game at hand and enjoy the previous week, assuming it's a win. The playoffs and next year will come soon enough.

I am SO living in the moment.
As a long time Pats fan I know that I will never, ever live to see something like this again. Not since the Russell years of the 60s, 50 long years ago have fans here had something like this to enjoy. And this particular season is the sina qua non. Every Brady to Moss ballet, every Vrable sack, every play is a joy to watch. I try to avoid urinating contest issues like who will or will not be here next year. What's the point other than (1) making yourself miserable and (2) speculating about that which is totally unknown, even to the Pats org.

I've never had as much fun as watching this team play. I have NFL Sunday Ticket. So, I've been watching games the last 7-8 years. I can't wait until Sunday!! Arguing with trolls?? I laugh hysterically at their claims and braggadoccio. I know we have the best team. Shouldn't be difficult to figure. I'm bored as hell Mon thru Sat. Almost feel like it's XMAS every Sunday.
Total confidence and euphoria watching this team play.

I've never had as much fun as watching this team play. I have NFL Sunday Ticket. So, I've been watching games the last 7-8 years. I can't wait until Sunday!! Arguing with trolls?? I laugh hysterically at their claims and braggadoccio. I know we have the best team. Shouldn't be difficult to figure. I'm bored as hell Mon thru Sat. Almost feel like it's XMAS every Sunday.
Total confidence and euphoria watching this team play.
Speaking of trolls where are all the Philly trolls ? They're late, they must think its pointless to talk trash.

I live the moment but also anticipate the future. This team has a great chance to go undefeated but they take it "one game at a time". This season, to date, has been like a dream. Hope the ending is as good as the beginning.

You want to know why? Because the media refuses to let us. We hear, when Lebron James gets drafted, comparisons to Jordan and talking heads discussing whether he'll be better. When Peterson broke for 296 yards a few weeks ago we heard discussion of him being the best rookie back in years and discussing whether he would be one of the greats. When the Celtics got off to a 7-0 start (and this is no joke, it should still be up on the site) ESPN started one of their stupid countdowns: The Bulls in '95 (or whatever year that was) went 70-12; so they have a timeline running comparing their seasons at the same point. This was SEVEN GAMES into the season, and they were already comparing the Celtics to one of the best teams of all time.

So no, we cannot live in the moment when we're force-fed this crap every single day. I love analysis, I love breaking down matchups and strength's/weaknesses. But when the media no longer does it, it becomes rather difficult to follow along without getting swept up in the historic nature of the season.

And plus, it's fun to think of this team as potentially the best collection of football players ever.

Last edited:
As a long time Pats fan I know that I will never, ever live to see something like this again. Not since the Russell years of the 60s, 50 long years ago have fans here had something like this to enjoy. And this particular season is the sina qua non. Every Brady to Moss ballet, every Vrable sack, every play is a joy to watch. I try to avoid urinating contest issues like who will or will not be here next year. What's the point other than (1) making yourself miserable and (2) speculating about that which is totally unknown, even to the Pats org.

That's French! I was thinking the very same thing.:cool:

do i remember some BB-bashing last year?

hey, pissah!
"i am so living in the moment" . that phrase rang my bell.
same for me.
the '72 dolphins were astounding too. 6 hall of famers on the starting roster.

Last edited:

If you've been around a lot, you've seen a lot of things. Our team has the right attitude, but some fans are way off the deep end (two undefeated seasons in a row, that was my favorite LOL).

The balloons are still in the ceiling for the 1969 Lakers (Chamberlain West Baylor best evah except when it counted).

Greatest show on turf beat by rejects, backups and smurfs.

13-1 Baltimore Colts against the expansion league fodder.

Hell, you only have to go back to that San Diego team last year!

The most important play of the season is always the next play.

I agree with you Tune, I have been meaning to write something similar myself. What were seeing will be talked about 40 or 50 years from now,assuming we win the SB. The dominance, if continued may never be repeated. Long after I'm gone people will be talking about the Patriots like they do about the Packers and Vince Lombardy.

The assumed Super Bowl wins are hard to come by.

Who are the top three scoring seasons now?

556 Minnesota, 1998
541 Washington, 1983
540 St. Louis, 2000

Nobody talking about Minnesota, are they? St. Louis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes