Welcome to PatsFans.com

why cant we just play a normal 1pm game

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DB15, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DB15

DB15 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

3. OtisCampbell

OtisCampbell Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

To me this is another example of how the NFL treats its core fans (the ticketholders) like dogsh*t. Its not important if fans have made previous arrangements and this will create a hardship. Its also colder at 4:15, and you're lucky to get home before 10 or 11.

4. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That's the cold reality about sports entertainment. Core fans are just what they are, core - they aren't going anywhere, they'll go to games at any time, any day of the week. The league takes them for granted. The NFL is all about getting the casual viewers to watch, because some of the casual viewers can eventually turn into core fans. And then they get screwed 10 years down the line when the league has Super Bowls in Europe or some crap.

5. rodrust

rodrust Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

1:00 start?

"So far this season, the New England Patriots have been involved in the highest rated games on CBS, NBC and ESPN. The Patriots [previous]game against the Colts in November gave CBS the highest regular season NFL rating in eleven years, while their game against the Eagles two weeks ago gave NBC its highest Sunday Night Football rating ever. Last Monday, the Patriots' near loss against the Ravens gave ESPN the most viewed program in the history of cable television." (http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/ )

NUFF SAID!!!

6. i support BB

i support BB On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, this weeks game is a 1:00 start and obviously it is just for televison purposes. The whole nation wants to witness history in the making, and it just attracts viewers. It's a no brainer for CBS.

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Has the broadcast map come out yet? Depending on the broadcast area, I'm thinking that this Sunday will garner a huge rating, if only because the national audience will want to see if the Patriots try to exact revenge on the Jets and Mangini by hanging a three-digit number on the scoreboard. Christians-Lions, and so forth. And, if it happens to be a close game, as far as CBS is concerned, better still. Buffalo-Cleveland is good drama too, though.

8. AStack75

AStack75 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Still not out...
    http://the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

9. patriot lifer

patriot lifer 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

I don't care about what the corporations want. I care about what I want and what other Pats fans want. And we don't want to wait around so darn long

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  10. Oraukk

Oraukk Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I guess I never really noticed the advantages of living in Foxborough :-D

11. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Just a reminder to everyone, this team used to be blacked out and not shown anywhere else in this country except the visiting team's market. I'd rather have the 1pm game too (still recovering from all those night games) but this is the price of fame. Simply put, historic team=prime time - bad team= all 1pm games.

12. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's the price of success, man. Drink it in; it won't last forever. Although it DID suck when the Chargers - Titans game ran to overtime and at least in my TV market, CBS didn't switch over to our game until it ended - by which time the first quarter was almost over...

13. pats60

pats60 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Been going to games over 40 years still love 4 pm games.Dont`t have
    to rush in the morning to be there at 9am. I Never mind the cold weather.
    Only 10 sundays a year out of 52 .

14. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

and here's the reason why:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsess...0d5d804fe600&template=with-video&confirm=true

From NFL.com:

The Patriots continue to draw big TV ratings.

On Sunday, they faced the Steelers, considered a team that could derail their march toward an undefeated record. The 4:15 p.m. ET game on CBS -- which was Pittsburgh-New England in most of the country -- earned an 18.4 overnight rating and a 33 share in the nation's 55 largest markets

The comparable time slot at this time last year on CBS received a 13.7.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with televisions watching the game, while the share is the percentage of TVs in use at the time that are tuned in to it. National ratings are expected Tuesday.

The three games that have earned the highest overnight ratings this season all involved the Patriots: a win over the Indianapolis Colts drew a 22.5, and a victory over the Dallas Cowboys received an 18.5, all on CBS.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  15. Sundayjack

Sundayjack On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Heh.... my point played out in numbers. I think the Jets game could eclipse that if, depending on the broadcast area.

And, the best part for CBS? The most expensive ad-slot? I'm thinking it's the last slot right before the game-ending, midfield kiss between Mangini and Belichick. CBS will definitely have an overhead camera just for that shot.

16. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

This is so true. I have to get a babysitter every time I go to a game. Now my parents will either have to stay over or drive home for an hour really late at night. Stinks.

17. DB15

DB15 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ever hear baggers cant be choosers.... well ahahahahah

18. Sariana

Sariana Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, I am the opposite here. I would rather see them move the Jets game to a later time slot. I live in VA and the only time that I can see the Patriot games is when they do NOT play at 100 pm :(

I thought for sure that the Jets game would be a sure thing by now. Those fans that want to see the Pats win and those that hope that they lose will turn in. 2 of the games that they were in had record numbers of viewers, not to mention.... we are playing the JETS! Need I say more? But are they showing that game in VA? Not yet :(

I was quite miffed about this today when I saw it :(

GRRRRR!

19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Funny, my wife was just giving me {good natured} crap because I blow like $200+ bucks every year on the DirecTV NFL package cuz I live "out of market" and in order to get to see all the games I needed to have it.

Not this year. Every Game but about 2-3 of the early ones have been Nationally televised and I have regular access to it. The rest of them will likewise be too.

Pretty much wasted those $$ this year.

20. carolinatony

carolinatony In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like I always tell me my wife. Its only about 1 thing...

MONEY....................Its always about the money!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.