Welcome to PatsFans.com

Why Can Indian Kids Spell So Well?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Jun 4, 2010.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Ohio girl nation's top speller with 'stromuhr' - Life- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - No theatrical flourishes for Anamika Veeramani. She kept her hands behind her back and rattled off the letters of every word she was given -- until she was crowned the spelling bee champion.

The 14-year-old girl from North Royalton, Ohio, won the 83rd Scripps National Spelling Bee on Friday, acing the word medical word "stromuhr" to claim the winner's trophy and more than $40,000 in cash and prizes.

Anamika became the third consecutive Indian-American bee champion, and the eighth the last 12 years. It's a run that began when Nupur Lala won in 1999 and was featured in the documentary "Spellbound."

WAZZUP WIT DAT?
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

Cuz they're smart.

You know, down in Delaware, you can't go into a 7-Eleven, or a Dunkin Donuts, without....:D

I totally hate the PC police, because normal, everyday, average people like you and I, talk about nonsense like this everyday. However, I'm curious as to what the response would be, if someone like say, Wolfpack started this thread, instead of you. Would certain people jump in here and attack him for being some whatever. Probably.

Oh, btw, in Chicago there is a large Indian population. My buddy Tagesh took us to this Indian night club on Rush St, and boy oh boy was it loaded with hotties. Indian Bollywood types are absolutely smokin. I mean, yum.

Aishwarya Rai
    [​IMG]

Sherlyn Chopra
    [​IMG]

Mallika Sherawat
    [​IMG]
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,362 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

I expect you two will be getting warnings now for being racist. :rolleyes:

On a side note, RealWorld, have I ever told you how big of a fan I am of your posts? Christ. But you forgot about Priya Rai (sp).
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  4. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I had a post with scientific proof with your answer, but then I saw those chicks and forgot it all...
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

I just call it how I see it pal. Right, or wrong.

Thanks for the kind words though. You're making me blush! :blush:

Ok, time to [​IMG]

Mmmm....Priya Rai. I have tons of her best work at home. She does it all too. Very, very yum indeed.

[​IMG]

For any of you adults that might be interested in finding out exactly what talents it is, that make Priya Rai such a desirable woman, I recommend you Google her name, and search for video's. You won't be disappointed. Oh, and yes, it's that easy to get free...nevermind. [​IMG]
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

Mmmmmmm...

[​IMG]
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I had no idea I was being racist, but OK...I guess that's possible. Except I doubt Indians in America suffer a great deal of social end economic racism these days...or ever. It doesn't hurt that every Indian immigrant I've ever met speaks English werry well (jusk kidding, Raksheet!) and their kids! Tops in their class at school and excellent baseball players. Must be the cricket background. But give them time...in a generation or two, the kids of these kids will be hanging around malls, getting fat, spending 4 hours a day on video games and getting D's in English.

Oh, and RW:

You're sick...SICK...SICK!

Hijacking a thread like this is reprehensible! It's bad enough I'm being a racist but you bring racism down into the GUTTER!...

Priya Rai, huh?
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

My point was that you weren't being racist. You were being a normal, average, everyday guy. Like I said, normal people talk about this type of nonsense all the time. It's not racist in the slightest. Unfortunately in today's uber PC world, some "dogooders" as Harry boy would call them, think that it is. If some people in here spent 20 minutes in my barber's shop here in Chelsea, they'd be mortified. The reality is that most people who've grown up with all kinds and colors, don't think twice about this stuff. Especially men. With men, virtually everything goes.

Yes bud, I am a sick person sometimes. Unfortunately, that sickness is restricted to being mental now. No more physical for me. Well, aside from my wife. Before, it was a see it, think it, and oh mama we're going to act it out, type of disease. Now I can only look, and not touch. Who came up with this monogamy thing anyway? [​IMG]

:D
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +152 / 7 / -13

Kids are in a strong family situation where they are strongly encouraged and made to work hard at school. Imagine that.
  10. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ding ding ding THIS
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Recognize! :rocker:
  12. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How dare you try to hijack this thread with your blatently RACIST point of view! Next you're going to say that Japanese kids are good at math or something. IT'S VILE I SAY! VILE!
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't know, but I'm guessing the wife is wondering the same thing when i come home from the Rod and Gun.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Indians get racism thrown at them a lot in the big citys and the strange part is it's done by other minorities.

American Indians.
    I still would like to see more of them on TV, sit coms, commercials, elevators, bus stops, crowd scenes, playing cops and firemen and on and on, wouldn't it be great if we could one day have our "First Cherokee President"
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

I'm not sure if you listen to WEEI at all, but you just reminded me of one of the intro's to the whiner line. The one where the hag-arse, butt smokin woman calls in complaining about "I ain't gettin no sex cuz'a tha spoitz".