PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Brady should be cut after that playoff loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
It is pretty clear Brady is done. He has lost his passion, he is over the hill. He is on a 2 game losing streak in the playoffs. His QB rating yesterday was a pathetic 49.1.

If history has shown us anything late in life QBs simply do not recover.

Greenbay should have cut Favre '99. Once a 30 year old QB has stinker like he had that he was on a permanent decline and had few if any years left in which he could play football.

I ask you what did Joe Montana do after the three one and dones in '85, '87 and '88? It was pretty clear then and even more clear now that after his horrible passer rating of 34.2 and 42 in the post season of 87 & 88 that Joe was washed up. Yet SFO held onto that bum, who continue to drag the team down for years to come.

The only smart team was St L. who wise got rid of the bum Kurt Warner after his pathetic performances in '02 & '03. Since getting rid of Warner they have dramatically improved while Kurt has become a journey QB dragging down every team that has been foolish enough to pick him up.

:p

Last edited:
Re: Why Brady should be cut after that playoff lose!

Title spelling error...Fail

:D

Spell Check this bad boy and you MIGHT get some bites. MIGHT.

It is pretty clear Brady is done. He has lost his passion, he is over the hill. He is on a 2 game losing streak in the playoffs. His QB rating yesterday was a pathetic 49.1.

Greenbay should have cut Favre '99. Once a 30 year old QB has stinker like he had that he was on a permanent decline and had few if any years left in which he could play football.

I ask you what did Joe Montana do after the three one and dones in '85, '87 and '88? It was pretty clear then and even more clear now that after his horrible passer rating of 34.2 and 42 in the post season of 87 & 88 that Joe was washed up. Yet SFO held onto that bum, who continue to drag the team down for years to come.

The only smart team was St L. who wise got rid of the bum Kurt Warner after his pathetic performances in '02 & '03. Since getting rid of Warner they have dramatically improved while Kurt has become a journey QB dragging down every team that has been foolish enough to pick him up.

Problem is, God, that none of those guys you mention lost their passion for the game. And when Favre and Warner started to feel it slipping, they admitted it. Jury's out on Brady right now. Only a fool would argue that it's not legitimate to raise questions about Brady's passion for the game of football at this point.

Why is everybody trying to be funny? I mean this wouldn't be funny if you made it yesterday.

Why shouldn't folks make jokes. We won't ahve any meaningful patriot news to discuss until after the Super Bowl when we start signing our free agents.

Problem is, God, that none of those guys you mention lost their passion for the game. And when Favre and Warner started to feel it slipping, they admitted it. Jury's out on Brady right now. Only a fool would argue that it's not legitimate to raise questions about Brady's passion for the game of football at this point.
I must be a fool then.
I think that anyone who doesn't take into account the injury he came back from and the injuries sustained through the course of this season when evaluating him is a fool.

Jeff Garcia is still available for next season...or Maybe send Brady to Seattle for Carroll to work with and lets trade to get Hasselbeck and Deion Branch in a 2 for 1 deal?...the last Hasselbeck in a Pats uniform (from the 80s) was pretty decent,why not?

Last edited:
I heard that Adam Seward has been throwing and kicking the ball so that he could star in all facets of the game. Get rid of that bum Brady and bring in the future all-pro QB/LB/kicker

See, the problem with this is not that Brady has lost his passion, but that he has lost his passion to perform for the Patriots. We have to cut him and let him be signed by Buffalo (I was going to say the Jets, but unfortunately, they are actually still in it), where he will make them the team of the next decade, in order for this to work out.

Yes, I'm kidding and yes it's good to have a laugh, even a small one. Why can't we all admit we just didn't have the horses this year; even though yesterday's loss was embarrassing, not a lot of us thought this team was going much further than next week; and MOVE ON.

God I thought you were serious there for a second, I was like "Did I fall asleep last night and wake up in Bizzaro World?"

I must be a fool then.
I think that anyone who doesn't take into account the injury he came back from and the injuries sustained through the course of this season when evaluating him is a fool.

I'm not evaluating anything here--just pointing out that anything is fair game for questioning. Personally, I think Brady has every bit of the fire and competiveness as he always has had, he's just not as vocal in public as he once was. But I'm not in his inner circle, so I'm not foolish enough to answer the question with an emphatic "Brady? IMPOSSIBLE!!"

Also, I just didn't find the OP to be that funny (unlike some of the guy's other posts which have bordered on comic gold). Being that one of the purposes of the post is to ridicule people who dare question the Pats, or are "fairweather," unknowledgable fans because they have the temerity to question sacred cows like BB and TB, it falls about as flat as a lead balloon today.

Also, I just didn't find the OP to be that funny (unlike some of the guy's other posts which have bordered on comic gold).

Just like Brady, I am in a bit of slump. :)

Being that one of the purposes of the post is to ridicule people who dare question the Pats, or are "fairweather," unknowledgable fans because they have the temerity to question sacred cows like BB and TB, it falls about as flat as a lead balloon today.

Actually my point wasn't to ridicule people or call someone fairweather. It was to point out that many great QBs had a mid-career slump and then went on to do rebound and have more sucesses.

I thought Kyle Brady was cut from the Patriots after the 07 season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back