Why Borges hates BB,

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
INteresting exchange between Felger and Borges, that happened on October 26th, apparently Borges somehow was representing or preparing Bledsoe for his meeting with BB...and he felt that BB lied to his "client". Don't understand all of the dynamics, but Borges feels that BB is a great coach and a lousy person, awaiting to give him his induction speech when he goes into the HOF.. I am sure that is going to happen.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/2006/10/bledsoe_turned_to_borges_for_a_1.php

A transcript of a segment of the Mike Felger show on ESPN Boston yesterday afternoon, regarding the time 5 years ago when Bill Belichick made the decision to stick with Tom Brady even after Bledsoe was ready to play again. Borges claims he felt Belichick made the right decision, but didn't like how it was handled:

Borges: What I was up in arms about was the fact that he LIED to the guy about what the situation was gonna be in terms of what he had to do to win his job back.

Felger: OK, let me ask you about that. Why do we care so much that a football coach lies? What?s the diff? He?s a football coach!

Borges: Well, because I think if you want your players, to?I just don?t think it?s a smart way to deal with the players. If you want to lie to me, fine, they make a living doing that. They want to lie to you, they lie to you everyday.

Felger: How did Belichick lie? What did he say to Drew?

Borges: What Bledsoe said to him at the original meeting, when he was cleared to practice, and I know this firsthand, for a lot of reasons,

Felger: Why?you were sitting there on the couch?

Borges: I PREPARED THE GUY TO GO MEET HIM! Quite frankly!

GJAJ15 said:
INteresting exchange between Felger and Borges, that happened on October 26th, apparently Borges somehow was representing or preparing Bledsoe for his meeting with BB...and he felt that BB lied to his "client". Don't understand all of the dynamics, but Borges feels that BB is a great coach and a lousy person, awaiting to give him his induction speech when he goes into the HOF.. I am sure that is going to happen.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/2006/10/bledsoe_turned_to_borges_for_a_1.php

A transcript of a segment of the Mike Felger show on ESPN Boston yesterday afternoon, regarding the time 5 years ago when Bill Belichick made the decision to stick with Tom Brady even after Bledsoe was ready to play again. Borges claims he felt Belichick made the right decision, but didn't like how it was handled:

Borges: What I was up in arms about was the fact that he LIED to the guy about what the situation was gonna be in terms of what he had to do to win his job back.

Felger: OK, let me ask you about that. Why do we care so much that a football coach lies? What?s the diff? He?s a football coach!

Borges: Well, because I think if you want your players, to?I just don?t think it?s a smart way to deal with the players. If you want to lie to me, fine, they make a living doing that. They want to lie to you, they lie to you everyday.

Felger: How did Belichick lie? What did he say to Drew?

Borges: What Bledsoe said to him at the original meeting, when he was cleared to practice, and I know this firsthand, for a lot of reasons,

Felger: Why?you were sitting there on the couch?

Borges: I PREPARED THE GUY TO GO MEET HIM! Quite frankly!

Now that is utterly bizarre. Borges stepped 100 yards out of bounds in his capacity as a journalist covering the team if that is true. It's as if he was trying to be a Will McDonough. And to think my lack of respect for this jerk couldn't get any lower.

In any other place on earth besides Boston, Borges would have been fired long ago as a hack. But around here, he can't seem to get enough media awards. Don't know how, but it keeps happening.

He is a jerk who hits crippled people, and has a hatred over little things which never ever dies. He also is incapable of working in reality. It really doesn't matter why he says what he says, or why he feels how he feels. He is a lunatic, and that is explanation enough.

Only in Boston. :cool:

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick had planned to start Drew until he found out Borges was working with him.

Pujo said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick had planned to start Drew until he found out Borges was working with him.

well, in that case...GOD LOVE BORGES!!!!!

Boston Magazine has a feature article on Bogus this month, I haven't read it but Dave Scott, who has a column on BSMW, notes that Bogus in his attempt to explain why he prefers Tony Dungy as a coach says, "at least Tony Dungy has never been on the cover of a tabloid for non-football reasons."

Apparently Bogus conveniently forgot that Dungy’s son COMMITTED SUICIDE last year which put him squarely in the tabloids. It was a horrible thing and Dungy seemed to receive universal sympathy (as he should have) but it was nevertheless a big non-football related story which one could argue hurt the team as it headed into the playoffs. I just hate Bogus.

Last edited:
That is SO bogus!!! He's hated BB for years, well before that "tabloid" Boston Herald turned his personal life public! Good lord what a loser!!!

There's something seriously wrong with the NFL HOF if Borges is allowed to be anything more than a spectator at BB's induction ceremony. Any person who works for a football team has to accept the fact that its not about them, its about the team almost all the time. Unless you earn the right to go into Canton. That one day, its about you. If the hall won't give that day to Belichick he should seriously consider boycotting.

Oh and if Borges is now saying that he felt that Brady should have been the starter all along he's lying through his teeth. It was so clear in his comments and writing that he thought BB was wrong its not even funny. I hate to have to admit that I was a Bledsoe guy right up 'till the confetti started flying after 36; but I'd hate myself even more if I just changed the past to make myself look better.

Let's not forget that Borges himself was in the tabloids... something about beating up on a crippled man.

Pujo said:
Let's not forget that Borges himself was in the tabloids... something about beating up on a crippled man.

excellent point.

As proof that the man is not living in reality and is willing to bend the facts to suit his view of things here are some quotes from a Borges article after the Jets game:

"Gabriel took it from the Patriot 44 all the way to the Jet 19 before suddenly letting the wet and slippery ball fall out of his hands before being shoved out of bounds. "

"In rainy conditions like Sunday, anything can happen, but Gabriel simply let the ball fall out of his hands, he wasn't hit by any Jet. "

not even close to the actual events, I went back and re-watched the game and DG had one Jet hanging off him and another swung his arm around and knocked out the ball as he took him down. the ball never left his grasp until the jet defender hit it. but that wouldn't help Borges case I guess....

Borges' comment at the end confirms the rumor that Bledsoe was his "mole" into the organization and yes, he was trying to channel McDonough, his mentor. BB's style has shut him out and he can't stand it. He has to get his stories by watching the game and actually thinking. His decision to cover the has-been Ruiz in Dusseldorf rather than go to the game in Lambeau points to his real interest--finding someone to badmouth.

jczxohn1 said:
Borges' comment at the end confirms the rumor that Bledsoe was his "mole" into the organization and yes, he was trying to channel McDonough, his mentor. BB's style has shut him out and he can't stand it. He has to get his stories by watching the game and actually thinking. His decision to cover the has-been Ruiz in Dusseldorf rather than go to the game in Lambeau points to his real interest--finding someone to badmouth.

I believe you hit the nail on the head. And let me just say that this whole hatred of BB may have begun with Bledsoe losing his job but in the end it is all about Borges not getting any scoops from the Patriots lockerroom. And the more he badmouthed BB, the worse I am sure it got for him as far as people in the organization not being willing to talk to him, especially within the front office.

BB to some degree puts up a front that it doesn't matter what people in the media say about him or the team and that he doesn't take things personally. But we don't have to look much further than the altercation with Tom Jackson following SB 38 to know that BB is aware of how the media is portraying him and he is sensitive to it.

It's hilarious to me that Borges continues with his anti-Belichick rhetoric. You have to wonder if he's not just pissed off at this point because he's persona-non-grata in the Pats lockerroom.

I am so glad that the Pats whupped on the Pack, cause I could just sense Borges was just waiting for the Pats to lose last week, I am sure he had his article all prepared to talk about the demise of the Pats. I remember seeing a headline from him last week, about how its almost time to Panic for the Pats. Didn't get to read it but you know he is just waiting for the Pats to lose a few games back to back so he can launch his tirade.

PatsFanDan said:
You have to wonder if he's not just pissed off at this point because he's persona-non-grata in the Pats lockerroom.

He may be persona non grata in the locker room but Bogus gets his share of interviews with players. He's written articles on Seymour, Brown, Branch among others. It really surprises me since I can't imagine anyone talking to him for fear of his negativity or being in the same room with him for the stench.

Although Bogus he hates the team, he also gets a weekly paycheck from the Pats as the pre-game 'BCN show is produced by the Patriots. So sometimes I wonder if his act isn't all a WWF stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back