PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Belichick hates the media....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why Belichick treats the press the way he does.

They will ruin anyone to get what they are after.

Gone are the days of a reporter reporting on the details of the actual story.

Reporters these days are more like fiction writers.

You're right on here. I'd also like to add my 2 cents to your statement.

I believe that somehow, someway, the media actually believes they are an important part of the sports culture. No longer are they just writers or reporters, but they view themselves as celebrities. and now they seem to be picking up on the "I've been disrespected" card.

I wish fans could stand as one before all sports media and tell them as a group, "You are not a part of the professional sports landscape!" and "We really don't care about you!" and "You are definately NOT celebrities!"

I think that is the crux of the problem. They all seem to want their shot at ESPN! Hell, even the ESPN men & women aren't important to us as individuals. Sure we love ESPN as a vehicle for Sports news, but I believe we could care less who gives it to us. Even a guy like Peter Gammons isn't a part of what we view as our sports world. When he retires, someone else will step in.

All we care about as fans is our team(s). The media is just an after-thought.

I'm not a fiction writer...but I play one on ESPN

nobody should respect the media. they way the blow up stories, the way they slant information and play favorites. the people on sportcenter are just awful. its gotten worse than it was in past years, and that is saying something. guys like john anderson or kenny maine trying to make the broadcast about them. all forms of media are crooked, tv radio newspapers magazines. both for sports and for news. news media is one of the most dangrous things in this country because of how they abuse their power, scare people into watching, and slant information. I hate media and I have government, and I love how BB just mocks the media. Like when he says...well the offense is out there to score, why else would we put them on the field? hes kinda like bobby knight where he mocks members of the media if they ask something stupid or show how little they know, but he does not do in in the yelling or swearing form that knight does.

The truth is that the job of Head Coach in the NFL has become a job that almost makes it impossible to have a family. The hours are too long and the pressure too much. Just ask BB how it affects your family life. It sucks.

That is why I never begrudge anyone in the NFL for their salaries. The coaches sacrifice their families and the players sacrifice their bodies. They make baseball and basketball players look like a bunch of prima donnas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes