PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are the Steelers favored over Denver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropKick

On the Roster
Reaction score
Perhaps I missed a big injury or something... Why do I see the Steelers favored over the Broncos this week? Not that I'd mind yet another Denver loss, but I just don't get it.

DropKick said:
Perhaps I missed a big injury or something... Why do I see the Steelers favored over the Broncos this week? Not that I'd mind yet another Denver loss, but I just don't get it.

Because it's all about the money.....
Steelers opened at -1 and shortly went to -3.
It's because the steelers have a passionate national following.This passion affects how they bet,and,ergo
affects the betting line.

Same thing with the Pats/Ind....Pats at
-3 is way too high,IMHO.
The money drives the line,sometimes
irrationally......most times it's not who is better,but who we think will win us the benjamins

Maybe people think they can't truly be this bad, at least not for this long.

The line's always about getting 1/2 the money bet on one team and the other 1/2 of the money bet on the other team. When that happens the bookies aren't gambling. They're just collecting their guaranteed vig.

sdaniels7114 said:
The line's always about getting 1/2 the money bet on one team and the other 1/2 of the money bet on the other team. When that happens the bookies aren't gambling. They're just collecting their guaranteed vig.

I understand the financial aspect of it. I grew up in Eastie, have family there and in the N.End. Lets just say I've seen the inner workings of bookies up close ;-)

I would have thought that all the money would have been on Denver until Pittsburgh was not only underdog, but also given a large spread. I questioned the sanity of those putting money on the Steelers in lieu of Denver in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes